Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Jesus said in John 10:7-10

7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

what does it mean to you that Jesus said he is the door of the sheep?

What do you think Jesus meant when he said that he came that they might have life and have it abundantly?

Who are the ones Jesus referred to who came before Him who were thieves and robbers? Who are thieves and robbers today?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said in John 10:7-10

7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

what does it mean to you that Jesus said he is the door of the sheep?

What do you think Jesus meant when he said that he came that they might have life and have it abundantly?

Who are the ones Jesus referred to who came before Him who were thieves and robbers? Who are thieves and robbers today?
We are the sheep and Jesus is the way to eternal life and forgiveness of sin. I think that having life more abundantly refers to eternal life and for those who stay in Gods will there will be joy. As to the thieves and robbers I think those are the ones thta lead sheep astray and those who deny the power of God and the work of the Holy Spirit in us. Many today deny that all the gifts are in operation, there are many doctrinal lies, many manmade traditions. Anything thta takes away from God robs us

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We are the sheep and Jesus is the way to eternal life and forgiveness of sin. I think that having life more abundantly refers to eternal life and for those who stay in Gods will there will be joy. As to the thieves and robbers I think those are the ones thta lead sheep astray and those who deny the power of God and the work of the Holy Spirit in us. Many today deny that all the gifts are in operation, there are many doctrinal lies, many manmade traditions. Anything thta takes away from God robs us

I wonder then why I see so many believers with so little joy in their life?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The ones that cuss, judge, gossip and complain and expect some government official or regulation to 'fix' it all?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Those that Jesus referred to as coming before Him, were the false messiahs who sought their own personal gain and aggrandisement.

They were in it for what they might be able to get.

Jesus was in it for what He had agreed to give.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The ones that cuss, judge, gossip and complain and expect some government official or regulation to 'fix' it all?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

some of them. But even very dedicated christians that I have seen have problems with a lack of joy. In many cases, perhaps it is because a spirit of legalism has taken root

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Look rto see how close they follow Jesus and where they might not, I havent met anyone yet that to some extent is not in the world some a lot less than others

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It isn't a joy in the present life necessarily; nor should such be used as some guage.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom