Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I believe the intention of the rapture is that God makes a difference between the saved and the lost. The scripture that comes to mind is in Genesis 18:24-26 where God and Abram are speaking and Abram is pleading for Sodom, in part because he knows Lot lives there. He says

24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare[e] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”
26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”

So, if God will spare Sodom if there was 50 righteous doesn't it make sense that God would spare the world or not bring about a worldwide judgment if there are literally millions of Christians all over the world? But, if the church is removed then judgment would be inflicted only on the lost. I believe this is the basis for the thinking of the rapture along with a few passages that talk about being "caught up" in the air which is what rapture means "to be caught up".
Enoch was raptured :)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Enoch was raptured :)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

When I was a teenager I went on a weekend retreat with our youth group. The whole weekend they were teaching us about the end times and the rapture. I think it was a Saturday afternoon I was sent to the main house to get something and when I came back to where the group had been they weren't there anymore. I had a moment of panic before I found them. I thought maybe they got raptured and I got left. Fortunately, I found them after a few minutes. That was a close one. . . .LOL

Top Bottom