Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
That's dangerously high. You need to get on insulin

I went to the hospital and they gave me insulin and fluids. Got it down in the 200's. They gave me a prescription for a new diabetes med called glipiZIDE {Glucotrol}

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I went to the hospital and they gave me insulin and fluids. Got it down in the 200's. They gave me a prescription for a new diabetes med called glipiZIDE {Glucotrol}

70-120 are good numbers. In the 200's is still too high. I hope this new medication helps you get better control. Lately, I have had a few lows. I was 63 this morning before eating. I am going to have to cut back on some of my Lantus insulin.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
70-120 are good numbers. In the 200's is still too high. I hope this new medication helps you get better control. Lately, I have had a few lows. I was 63 this morning before eating. I am going to have to cut back on some of my Lantus insulin.

Really 200 is too high? I would think they would be okay numbers. Things you learn everyday.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Really 200 is too high? I would think they would be okay numbers. Things you learn everyday.

The American Diabetes Association recommends a A1C at 6.5 or lower in order to avoid the long term negative effects of diabetes. If you google that you'll see that is averaging 154 over the course of three months. A blood sugar average of 200 is 7.8. With all your really high numbers you are going to be averaging much higher. Probably a 12 or 13 at least. A1C is a test that measures a two to three month average of your blood sugar. If you haven't had a A1C then you need to get that done. That will give you an idea of where your at right now.

If I was you I would spend some time reading up on diabetes on the American Diabetes Association web site. You can't trust these doctors to tell you everything you need to know. They are too busy and in many cases are ignorant themselves

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/a1c-test/about/pac-20384643

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with...re/blood-glucose-control/a1c/?loc=lwd-slabnav

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I hope you are feeling better. Just had mine checked again by a nurse at the MH center. It was 411 this time. I'm going to make an appointment with a new doctor. I had eaten before this, too, again. I don't feel bad, though.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The American Diabetes Association recommends a A1C at 6.5 or lower in order to avoid the long term negative effects of diabetes. If you google that you'll see that is averaging 154 over the course of three months. A blood sugar average of 200 is 7.8. With all your really high numbers you are going to be averaging much higher. Probably a 12 or 13 at least. A1C is a test that measures a two to three month average of your blood sugar. If you haven't had a A1C then you need to get that done. That will give you an idea of where your at right now.

If I was you I would spend some time reading up on diabetes on the American Diabetes Association web site. You can't trust these doctors to tell you everything you need to know. They are too busy and in many cases are ignorant themselves

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/a1c-test/about/pac-20384643

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with...re/blood-glucose-control/a1c/?loc=lwd-slabnav

I have had tests for my A1C. I had tests in the pasts where it was low enough that I didn't need to take my meds. (doctors orders) I can't remember the last one I had done was. 9 maybe if not higher. I will take time later to read those links.
Thank you for all your help and support/prayers. :hug2:

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Since it was my birthday yesterday I ate probably a lot of sugar. BUT it was my special day so I could spoil myself. Went out for coffee twice and then had pizza and then birthday cake and ice cream. Come home and waited till 9pm to check my sugar. Guess what it was? 3 something. Which is AMAZING as I was thinking it was going to be WAY higher then that. Like 400 or 500.

Last edited:
Top Bottom