Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I read in John Piper's devotional message today these words

"Last week I was reading a book by a Scottish minister named James Stewart. He said, “In love’s service, only the wounded soldiers can serve.” That’s why I believe some of you are being prepared right now for some precious service of love. Because you are being wounded.
Do not think that your wound has come to you apart from God's gracious design. Remember his word: “See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god besides me . . . I wound and I heal” (Deuteronomy 32:39).
May God grant a special grace to you who are groaning under some burden. Look eagerly for the new tenderness of love God is imparting to you even now."

https://www.biblegateway.com/devotionals/john-piper-devotional/today

How often do we think that when we are going through adversity that it is not for ourselves, but in order to train and equip us that we might help others? Not that God caused it, but that he can use it to bring about something good for His glory and honor. It is after all, the Lord who took the cruel symbol of torture that is the cross and made it a symbol of hope and redemption.

Top Bottom