Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This is an interesting article about why people do or don't attend church

PRINCETON, NJ -- "More than 40% of Americans claim to attend church or synagogue regularly, and only about 15% say they never attend. Easter is one of two times a year, along with Christmas, when pews are filled to capacity in many churches, bringing to mind the question: Just why do Americans attend church?

Researchers have spent a good deal of time over the years investigating American churchgoing behavior, developing theories that range from the sociological benefit of religious ritual in promoting group solidarity to the practical benefits derived from participation in community social gatherings. And, of course, there are those who argue that the reason for church attendance is quite simple: It is the rational response of humans who feel the need to worship a real and powerful God."

rest of the article here
http://news.gallup.com/poll/27124/just-why-americans-attend-church.aspx

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
simple: It is the rational response of humans who feel the need to worship a real and powerful God."

I agree with this

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree with this
Interestingly enough, though, the replies given to the poll questions do not bear this conclusion out.

Less than 20% in every category said that this was their main reason for going to church, whether men or women, frequent church attendees or infrequent ones.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Interestingly enough, though, the replies given to the poll questions do not bear this conclusion out.

Less than 20% in every category said that this was their main reason for going to church, whether men or women, frequent church attendees or infrequent ones.
Well in my case it's a want in my spirit to hear a good message with like minded people about the word of our living God.

I would expect this to be a good reason why 'Americans' go to church.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was 18 I switched from Methodist to Baptist. I would like to tell you there was some theological reason for this, but there was not. I started attending the Baptist church because a friend invited me and I enjoyed the services and was growing, so I wanted to be a part of it.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was 18 I switched from Methodist to Baptist. I would like to tell you there was some theological reason for this, but there was not. I started attending the Baptist church because a friend invited me and I enjoyed the services and was growing, so I wanted to be a part of it.

Do you think that's the reason Josiah, MoreCoffee, and myself, for example, have changed churches?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you think that's the reason Josiah, MoreCoffee, and myself, for example, have changed churches?

No, not at all. I take your statements at face value. You have well thought out reasons for switching and made a serious and thoughtful study of the issues.

Top Bottom