Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Religion is in everything. It's in politics already. It's in philosophy and in science and in every human enterprise. It can't be avoided and I think it should not be avoided but I also think that one specific religion ought not to be in control of public discourse. Even in a place like CH it would be harmful to Christianity to enforce Christianity as the one and only dominating view that may be expressed. That is one reason why many of my theological threads go into the World Religion & Speculative Theology area so that atheists, non-Christians, and Christians may all discuss the topics in the threads.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

I want to teach my children - without the imposition of the secular State (whose business this is NOT). My wife and I will teach him conservative/confessional Lutheranism because that's the faith of our family..... we will bring him to Sunday School and Worship at our LCMS church. IF I want all his education to be in that milieu, I can enroll him in a Lutheran school (we happen to have a couple around - although both would be considerable drives). I'd be okay with him in a Catholic School. Or homeschool him. Or simply supplement the secular school with the true faith. This is a parental responsibility, not a secular state power.

Here is your answer to the issue of religion in public schools.

Teach them yourself.
Send them to a private school the curriculum of which you approve.

This solves the problem and imo is a basic right of a parent. Public/secular schools cannot cater to all religions, and if a parent doesn't want them learning certain things, then they have the basic (if not legal, by the state) right of not sending them to one.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Teach them yourself.

This solves the problem and imo is a basic right of a parent. Public/secular schools cannot cater to all religions, and if a parent doesn't want them learning certain things, then they have the basic (if not legal, by the state) right of not sending them to one.

I completely agree.

- Josiah

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Teach them yourself.

I completely agree.

- Josiah

Top Bottom