Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This was a part of the evening devotional from Charles Spurgeon's devotional today

"The apostle Paul felt it a great privilege to be allowed to preach the gospel. He did not look upon his calling as a drudgery, but he entered upon it with intense delight. Yet while Paul was thus thankful for his office, his success in it greatly humbled him. The fuller a vessel becomes, the deeper it sinks in the water. Idlers may indulge a fond conceit of their abilities, because they are untried; but the earnest worker soon learns his own weakness. If you seek humility, try hard work; if you would know your nothingness, attempt some great thing for Jesus"
Emphasis: Ephesians 3:8

I was thinking about this and if i truly approach my calling with an intense delight. I would have to say often that I do not. Am I aware of my own weakness? Absolutely. I know I can do nothing apart from Christ. Yet, my sinful flesh sometimes thinks it can and i go out and attempt to do things in Jesus name under my own strength and then find myself exhausted and fruitless. True fruitfulness as John 15:1-5 says comes from abiding in Christ. For apart from Him we are like dried branches on the ground.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Whatever you do for the least of these, you do it for me." - Jesus of Nazareth.

We serve God primarily by serving others. In our many vocations of life/ministry.

Top Bottom