Benny Hinn miraculously removes lump from woman's purse (satire)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
From the Babylon Bee
http://babylonbee.com/news/benny-hinn-miraculously-removes-lump-from-womans-purse/

ALISO VIEJO, CA—According to several*eyewitness reports coming out of Benny Hinn’s “This Is Your Day” revival event Thursday, the faith healer and televangelist performed yet another miraculous healing, this time instantly and completely removing a large growth from*an attendee’s purse.

Hinn reportedly paused during the service, sensing the Spirit’s call to interrupt his Bible-based teaching to walk into the crowd and speak with a woman in the third row.

“I sense… I sense you have swelling, somewhere… somewhere in your—your purse? It’s your purse, my dear lady, isn’t it?” Hinn intoned, squinting his eyes*as he drew on his powerful connection with God’s Holy Spirit*to help relieve this woman of her hindrance.

The woman reportedly burst into tears, nodding, “Yes, yes… yes I have a heavy burden. I have a*bulge*in my purse, yes!”

“Praise the Lord!” she cried, as the faithful around her raised their arms in*worship.

Hinn led*the woman to the stage*and, according to several credible sources, instantly found the spot containing the lump, and miraculously eliminated*it in Jesus’ name. Though he has no medical training, witnesses say he*performed the highly technical maneuver as though he’d been doing it for decades. The woman continued to sob, and thanked Hinn for blessing her with his undeniable anointing. Hinn then reportedly knocked her onto the ground with his suit coat, to the glory of God.

According to Benny Hinn Ministries, Hinn will perform an encore healing session in the city sometime next month, where the man of God*promises to remove even more lumps from wallets,*purses, pockets, and bank accounts, once he gets back from the Bahamas.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
That is offensive

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The Babylon Bee makes fun of all denominations :)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
That is offensive
I did tell everyone it was satire. And, Lämmchen is correct, the Bee takes its shots at all denominations. Most notably, for me, is their satire relating to John Piper whose church I attended for a year or so.
Perhaps if Hinn had not made himself so wealthy at the expense of others the Bee wouldn't have picked on him.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love that website.....

They have a recent one about cell phones ringing in church that is just rolling-on-the-floor funny.

I remember one about a Lutheran church that increased its offerings a bunch by putting the ushers on commission.

Great stuff.... Good to laugh now and then...

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love the Babylon Bee. I liked their article about needing darkened glasses to look at Joel Osteen's teeth when he was preaching.

http://babylonbee.com/news/lakewood-church-issues-eclipse-glasses-gazing-joel-osteens-teeth/

They've also got other article about a worship service cancelled because the guitar cable identified as female, the regular who self-identified as a visitor to get the best parking spots, and so on. They really do take a poke at just about everybody... although Joel Osteen does crop up again and again and again. Maybe he deserves it.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love that website.....

They have a recent one about cell phones ringing in church that is just rolling-on-the-floor funny.

I remember one about a Lutheran church that increased its offerings a bunch by putting the ushers on commission.

Great stuff.... Good to laugh now and then...

I have heard of a church where the ushers counted the offering right then and there and then told the congregation it wasn't enough and passed the plate again. I believe it took three tries before they got enough. That's not satire. It actually happened

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of a church where the ushers counted the offering right then and there and then told the congregation it wasn't enough and passed the plate again. I believe it took three tries before they got enough. That's not satire. It actually happened

Jesus and the money changers anyone?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Top Bottom