Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Just to name a few, Saint George, Saint Dimitrios, Saint John Chrysostom, and I think I'm forgetting some other ones. :p

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
St. Paul; St. Francis of Assisi; St. Charles, King and Martyr

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My grandfather.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Although he would hate to be depicted this way but then that’s usually a qualifier.

767C6F24-8602-4AC3-B19D-4AEAB3DFCE43.jpg

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Just to name a few, Saint George, Saint Dimitrios, Saint John Chrysostom, and I think I'm forgetting some other ones. :p
Since every person that God adopts is also a saint, I say "all of them." However, I doubt all of the RCC and Orthodox declared saints are actually in heaven so clearly some of them can't make the list. [emoji56]

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Since every person that God adopts is also a saint, I say "all of them." However, I doubt all of the RCC and Orthodox declared saints are actually in heaven so clearly some of them can't make the list. [emoji56]

That is your opinion, but I am referring to those who have been canonized by various Churches.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
That is your opinion, but I am referring to those who have been canonized by various Churches.
Canonized? Civil War canon or World War II canon?
The entire veneration of a human is unbiblical. Recall how appalled Jesus was when Peter wanted to build 3 tents for Jesus, Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration. I suspect he's equally appalled at the veneration of church figures.

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Canonized? Civil War canon or World War II canon?
The entire veneration of a human is unbiblical. Recall how appalled Jesus was when Peter wanted to build 3 tents for Jesus, Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration. I suspect he's equally appalled at the veneration of church figures.

You take your pick at canons. Veneration is the act of giving honor, just as honor is given to those in various positions. Again I respect your opinion, but I ask that you start a new thread to discuss this since this discussion is off topic.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You take your pick at canons. Veneration is the act of giving honor, just as honor is given to those in various positions. Again I respect your opinion, but I ask that you start a new thread to discuss this since this discussion is off topic.
Any person chosen by God to be saved from damnation is a saint. My wife is my favorite saint. Also my brother and his wife are favorite saints as well.

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Any person chosen by God to be saved from damnation is a saint. My wife is my favorite saint. Also my brother and his wife are favorite saints as well.

That's fine, but as I've mentioned before and I ask you again, please start a different thread to discuss that if you'd like, as this thread is regarding canonized Saints.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
That's fine, but as I've mentioned before and I ask you again, please start a different thread to discuss that if you'd like, as this thread is regarding canonized Saints.
All saints are canonized by God. Do you wish to worship George and his dragon?

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
All saints are canonized by God. Do you wish to worship George and his dragon?

I told you twice now to stop your posting like that, and you continued in a disrespectul and trollish manner.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Staff Notice: The OP has clarified that he wishes the thread to be discussing "canonized saints" and he comes from an Eastern Orthodox background so any other discussion of saints outside of what the EO regards as canonized should be started in a new thread. Thank you

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Staff Notice: The OP has clarified that he wishes the thread to be discussing "canonized saints" and he comes from an Eastern Orthodox background so any other discussion of saints outside of what the EO regards as canonized should be started in a new thread. Thank you

Thanks! :D

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Why would the rest of us even be expected to HAVE a favorite EO saint, considering that we have never hear of St. Hoozits the Hermit or St. Theologistius the Stalagmite?

:O_O:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Actually, I'm not aware of who is and is not an official, current SAINT in any of the numerous Orthodox denominations.... As a former Catholic, I know SOME current ones in the RC Denomination but I have no clue if those are also official in any or all of the Orthodox churches, much less what additional ones may exist in one or more of the Orthodox churches. Should it be expected that all the posters at CH know the complete list of all the official saints in the Syrian Orthodox Church or Ethiopian Orthodox Church?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Suggestion....

May I suggest to the opening poster that he change the title and opening post of the thread so that the change is clear (and one need not read through all the posts). Although again, I doubt any can participate in it without knowing who those saints are (or a thing about them).

Or...

Maybe it would even be helpful to close this one and start a new thread, where the opening poster shares the current list of saints in the Greek Orthodox or Ethiopian Orthodox or Syrian Orthodox (or whatever denomination the opening poster desires to limit this to) and tell us about each one. I, for one, would love to learn about those saints. Such would be informational and constructive. Or if that list would be too long, maybe he can simply tell us about his favorite saint from his denomination.

Just a suggestion....

Last edited:

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Guys, this isn’t for just EO canonized Saints nor did I state that anywhere. The topic asks what your favorite Saint is, such as a RCC Saint, or an Anglican one.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Guys, this isn’t for just EO canonized Saints nor did I state that anywhere. The topic asks what your favorite Saint is, such as a RCC Saint, or an Anglican one.

George, see the staff notice in post # 13. And you personally approved of the limitation to those of your denomination (which of course, we don't know what that is - there are dozens and dozens of Orthodox denominations).

Because of what Staff (and that includes you) stated (and you affirmed) for this thread and because of your emphasis on "canonized", I posted what I did in # 17.

A blessed Lenten season to all...

- Josiah

Last edited:

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
George, see the staff notice in post # 13. And you personally approved of the limitation to those of your denomination (which of course, we don't know what that is - there are dozens and dozens of Orthodox denominations).

Because of what Staff (and that includes you) stated (and you affirmed) for this thread and because of your emphasis on "canonized", I posted what I did in # 17.

A blessed Lenten season to all...

- Josiah

outside of what the EO
regards as canonized

Josiah, you could have easily also named a RCC saint and that would have sufficed.

Top Bottom