Air out your pet peeves here :)

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Which brings another thought. Guys, if your chest hair is such that it's poping out the top of your shirt collar and touching your chin so that I can't tell if it's a beard or chest hair... it's okay to shave it... really...

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When God was handing out the gene for hair, I must have been distracted (no doubt talking)..... Top of my head is well endowed but otherwise.... I shave every Sunday morning for church but my wife laughs at me. I have a tiny bit of hair on my arms and legs but it's blond and doesn't show.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Now that I'm a dad, with a little one.... I'm SUPER sensitive to my son perhaps disturbing people. Right now, the few times we've taken him out, he's just slept the whole time... but I KNOW the day is coming.

I've given parents a break even before.... but I hope people will give me a break. Sometimes children are just... well.... children. I don't like him disturbing me at 3:00 AM but ... well.... it's not his fault. Or mine. What is, is. Sometimes.

And I KNOW I have a bunch of (irrational) hang ups (most related to neatness and cleanliness, and I'm uber-organized). But I TRY to remember they ARE my irrational hang-ups. A lot of this is cultural and personal. I'm trying to teach myself to be more accepting.... I've had that issue at work. My job involves a lot of supervision and management, and I work with a bunch of guys who... well.... let's say the environment is EXTREMELY informal. I HAVE to tell myself.... if there's good work happening, it's all good. And yeah, at the company, we have just about every nationality there is (we Americans are a minority); it DOES remind you that cultures differ in a lot of ways.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
people that are rude to others because of things like politics. Just because you dont like Trump doesnt mean you can be horrible to those that do. I had to unfriend people on Facebook because of this crap.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Okay, so this relates to my earlier 'pet peeve' about drivers. I'm consciously going to work on my own driving habits because I really don't have any patience when I drive. Prayers are appreciated :)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Being pursued @ work by customers (or other staff) when I've made it clear I'm not interested.

Both sexes are equally bad in some ways. Usually men get the point as they respond to directness. Usually. (Some) women I've encountered are definitely deluded either in thinking they're desirable just because they're not overweight and have a vagina, or they think that if they keep workin on ya you'll cave in a moment of weakness and copulate with them. As if.

Since I'm heterosexual and would only be interested in a relationship with a woman, I'm irked at certain behaviors. Maybe I shouldn't complain, but be grateful to head off potential problems in the future. Behaviors including entitlement, jokes about giving up part of my wage, indications I'm not up to par and/or am a project to be improved (usually for her vanity and narcissism). Garbage. Go away. You want someone who will be kind to you with integrity and honesty but also someone super ambitious you can boast about to your friends? Good luck, those combinations are rare.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Another pet peeve of mine is people going out in public when they're sick...to work, to school, to church...just because they "can't miss". Yes, please miss and not infect the world. I've been homebound for the better part of this year and now want to venture out but am so afraid because someone couldn't be bothered to stay home if he/she was sick.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Daylight Savings Time. Enough said.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
People who judge other people constantly.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Folks, please educate yourselves on how to drive through a roundabout for the good of all humanity. Thank you.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Okay, so I belong to a 24-hour auction thing on Facebook. Whoever has the highest bid within 24 hours wins. I sold a couple of things for a buck each. In the posting, you must say where to go for pick-up of the item. WHY must the winner then then ask me where to go to pick up the item??!! I don't have people come to my house, so I meet at a Starbucks with the specific cross-streets posted in the ad. grr...

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Okay, so I belong to a 24-hour auction thing on Facebook. Whoever has the highest bid within 24 hours wins. I sold a couple of things for a buck each. In the posting, you must say where to go for pick-up of the item. WHY must the winner then then ask me where to go to pick up the item??!! I don't have people come to my house, so I meet at a Starbucks with the specific cross-streets posted in the ad. grr...

It's like when a teacher gives directions and as soon as she's finished a hand goes up and asks, "What are we supposed to do?"

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
It's like when a teacher gives directions and as soon as she's finished a hand goes up and asks, "What are we supposed to do?"

Yup, but (regrettably) I was sometimes that kid
I'm still sometimes that kid, but now we can speak "grown-up" ("I'm not sure I completely understand, can you clarify?") :D

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I am still struggling with neighbor problems. Wrote them a letter and talked to her about things but I don't think it did much good. I sent her a tin of candy to share with her grandkids. She didn't even acknowledge it. Oh well, I tried. I may end up moving. I am going to get the list of the housing places where I can apply.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am still struggling with neighbor problems. Wrote them a letter and talked to her about things but I don't think it did much good. I sent her a tin of candy to share with her grandkids. She didn't even acknowledge it. Oh well, I tried. I may end up moving. I am going to get the list of the housing places where I can apply.

Definitely try to move, Ruth! This has gone on so long with those neighbors and you've done the best you can to extend the olive branch!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Definitely try to move, Ruth! This has gone on so long with those neighbors and you've done the best you can to extend the olive branch!
I want to move. I am really out of shape for a move. I need to start working out at home to youtube. I've had enough of this problem. I may ask the manager if she has another apartment here. There are 5 buildings here.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you can get into a new apartment in the same building then you can do it slowly maybe? If I were close I would help!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I really hope this gets resolved soon Ruth, you need peace, we all do

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
If you can get into a new apartment in the same building then you can do it slowly maybe? If I were close I would help!
I can't carry my couch or tv or any of that stuff. I don't want to be in the same building anymore either. I will need movers anyways to carry most of my stuff.

Yes, I really hope this gets resolved soon Ruth, you need peace, we all do
Sorry for burdening you.

Top Bottom