Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Exodus 3:10-12 says
10 Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” 11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?” 12 And He said, “Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain.”

The context of these verses is when Moses was 80 years old he was shepherding his father in laws sheep and came upon a burning bush. The bush was on fire, but it was not burnt up. Moses stepped aside to see the bush and why it was not burning up and God spoke to him and called him to go to the Jewish people and to lead them out of Egypt. His first reaction is verse 11 "Who am I?" Moses was clearly reluctant to do what God was calling him to do. But, God had been preparing him all along and used all of Moses past experiences and his own presence to guide Moses and the people.

Have you ever felt reluctant to do what God was telling you to do? can you relate to Moses reaction?

What has God called you to do that required you to step out on faith?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you ever felt reluctant to do what God was telling you to do? can you relate to Moses reaction?

I honestly think God does this on purpose... He stretches us, calls us out of our comfort zone... because it's how we grow. Ministry SHOULD be related to our spiritual gifts and there often is enjoyment when we are employing our spiritual gifts.... but if it seems easy, we're probably not doing all we are called to do.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
It is important to note that God is responding to the oppression of His chosen people of the promise. Throughout the world there must have been others who are suffering great oppression, but God addresses Israel because God chose Israel out of all the others.
In chapter 3 we see a shepherd being chosen to lead the people and we see that God will have His sheep listen to and follow the shepherd.
God cares for his chosen people. God acts according to his timeline. God chooses leaders for the people.
Exodus 3:6-9,14,17
[6]I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” When Moses heard this, he covered his face because he was afraid to look at God.
[7]Then the lord told him, “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering.
[8]So I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and lead them out of Egypt into their own fertile and spacious land. It is a land flowing with milk and honey—the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites now live.
[9]Look! The cry of the people of Israel has reached me, and I have seen how harshly the Egyptians abuse them.
[14]God replied to Moses, “i am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: i am has sent me to you.”
[17]I have promised to rescue you from your oppression in Egypt. I will lead you to a land flowing with milk and honey—the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites now live.”’

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sometimes God chooses people to lead who don't feel equipped to do so but thankfully he eventually gives them confidence to know that He will guide them. We see God choosing some weak people to do incredible things in His name in the bible and He hasn't stopped doing that. We pray in the Lord's Prayer "thy will be done" and when he puts us in roles we aren't prepared for, remembering that part of the prayer is comforting.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes God chooses people to lead who don't feel equipped to do so but thankfully he eventually gives them confidence to know that He will guide them. We see God choosing some weak people to do incredible things in His name in the bible and He hasn't stopped doing that. We pray in the Lord's Prayer "thy will be done" and when he puts us in roles we aren't prepared for, remembering that part of the prayer is comforting.
Thats when we are pretty certain that it is God and not us

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I think what Moses didn't realize is that God was using all of his past to prepare him for what he wanted him to do next. He used his education as a shepherd in the wilderness and his education while in Egypt to help guide the Israelite people. God does much the same now. I know in my work as a therapist he uses a lot of experiences I have had in the past to help me help other people now

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Exodus 3:10-12 says
10 Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” 11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?” 12 And He said, “Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain.”

The context of these verses is when Moses was 80 years old he was shepherding his father in laws sheep and came upon a burning bush. The bush was on fire, but it was not burnt up. Moses stepped aside to see the bush and why it was not burning up and God spoke to him and called him to go to the Jewish people and to lead them out of Egypt. His first reaction is verse 11 "Who am I?" Moses was clearly reluctant to do what God was calling him to do. But, God had been preparing him all along and used all of Moses past experiences and his own presence to guide Moses and the people.

What has God called you to do that required you to step out on faith?

I didn't want to move 4 1/2 years ago. I lived most of my life in one state and in one town and my husband's company closed the office and since my husband was considered middle aged and making a good compensation, it was difficult for him to find a new job. The vicar at my church comforted me in saying that if God wanted me to move He had a reason and even though it would be difficult that I would be a blessing to those in my new location. How true that has become and even though I miss my old home, I do cherish the new relationships I've built up and am glad I was able to be here for some people.

Top Bottom