Does the Qu'ran tell the same truth found in the Christian Bible?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
(Thanks for starting the thread.

We are speaking of the Quran specifically and not the opinions of others, correct?

Your opening argument is great; but then you go into your percieved consensus on those who consider themselves Islamic (submissive to GOD). this is not the focus of the discussion. We shouldn't base our opinion on the opinions of others; nor should we consider a whole people as wrong due to a single interpretation held by a single sect or division or schism.

With that being said; let's review the text you chose to provide. And thank you for doing what I wouldn't nor could do at that time.

It is not my wish to distance myself any further from this group; though based on experience; that is what is about to happen. Let this be for the sake of profitable conversation in a peacable spirit.

This will be of the version I use which seems close to what you provided thus far.)

4:157. And because of their claiming, ‘We did kill the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of Allâh,’ whereas they killed him not, nor did they cause his death by crucifixion, but he was made to them to resemble. Verily, those who differ therein are certainly in confusion about it. They have no definite knowledge of the matter but are only following a conjecture. They did not kill him, this much is certain.

(Can the Spirit of GOD die?)

(Can the Holy Temple of GOD (in which the Spirit of GOD chooses to dwell) be destroyed, and too be raised again by the Will of GOD?)

(Was Jesus the Holy Temple of GOD almighty in which the Spirit of GOD did dwell fully?)

( I look forward to your response and the responses of anyone else interested in simple honest peacable conversation for the sake all.)

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
The Spirit of God can never die! Amen!
Jesus was not a spirit tho, he had the same flesh as you and I.
Gnostics believed that Jesus was pure light or 'spirit' and Gnostics believed in the infancy verses, these are facts, they also believe that Judas is an equal savior for doing his part and that Jesus shape shifted and stood outside the cross laughing.
The followers of the Quran ARE the outcome of that gnostic movement, with a touch up and a lying "make it up as we go" attitude

Did Jesus come in the flesh pops? Yes or No?

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No.

In fact I cannot find a single biblical quote in the Quran, the NT will quote the OT here and there, but the Quran? Not once, from what I have read so far it is the greatest blasphemy against "people of the book", we are taught that Christ wasn't crucified nor died nor went to hell nor resurrected and that God fooled us.
It also says that followers of Allah will act out a planned destruction of the Christian world, ill find the passages on that for us to read when I have the time.
Btw pops, the version I read is the equal to the KJV in popularity, again I will share the translators name in time.
The Quran is hateful, there are no children of God in it but servants to Allah, I can only read a few pages at a time because I feel sick trying to read it when I really do try to be patient, it's not a good book and I encourage no one to follow its teachings.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
So are you thinking the translation you use is good because it is used by the masses?

It speaks of destruction of the knowing hypocrite just like the bible does.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Spirit of God can never die! Amen!
Jesus was not a spirit tho, he had the same flesh as you and I.
Gnostics believed that Jesus was pure light or 'spirit' and Gnostics believed in the infancy verses, these are facts, they also believe that Judas is an equal savior for doing his part and that Jesus shape shifted and stood outside the cross laughing.
The followers of the Quran ARE the outcome of that gnostic movement, with a touch up and a lying "make it up as we go" attitude

Did Jesus come in the flesh pops? Yes or No?
The Spirit of GOD Came in the flesh and His name was Jesus.

The Spirit of GOD indeed did dwell fully within the Holy Temple, the Temple was indeed destroyed and raised back up; yet the Spirit wasn't killed.

It really isn't too hard to grasp.

The truth is simple.

Last edited:

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The truth is simple.

Actually, the universe teaches us that TRUTH is seldom simple.

Matter is composed of particles.
Energy is composed of waves.
Is Light a particle or a wave? ... Light is both!

Mass is the unvarying amount of matter in an object.
Except that as an object accelerates towards the speed of light, it's mass increases to eventually approach infinite as it approaches the speed of light.

Explain how women think to me.

Truth is anything but simple.
God became a man.
The God-man became sin.
Our sin was slain on a cross.
The God-man raised HIMSELF from the dead.
We became the righteousness of Christ.
Christ will raise us to be with him ... glorified and perfect.

Myths are simple ... Zeus hurls bolts from the sky and that is where lightning comes from.

Matthew 3:16-17 NASB
16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is [fn]My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”

Jesus (God the Son, incarnate) is standing in the water as God the Father is heard speaking from heaven and the Spirit of God (God the Holy Spirit) descends and lands on Jesus. That is the TRUTH of God. Powerful, dynamic, glorious, trinity ... but not simple.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the universe teaches us that TRUTH is seldom simple.

Matter is composed of particles.
Energy is composed of waves.
Is Light a particle or a wave? ... Light is both!

Mass is the unvarying amount of matter in an object.
Except that as an object accelerates towards the speed of light, it's mass increases to eventually approach infinite as it approaches the speed of light.

Explain how women think to me.

Truth is anything but simple.
God became a man.
The God-man became sin.
Our sin was slain on a cross.
The God-man raised HIMSELF from the dead.
We became the righteousness of Christ.
Christ will raise us to be with him ... glorified and perfect.

Myths are simple ... Zeus hurls bolts from the sky and that is where lightning comes from.

Matthew 3:16-17 NASB
16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is [fn]My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”

Jesus (God the Son, incarnate) is standing in the water as God the Father is heard speaking from heaven and the Spirit of God (God the Holy Spirit) descends and lands on Jesus. That is the TRUTH of God. Powerful, dynamic, glorious, trinity ... but not simple.
I'm not denying the trinity friend.

And by the truth being simple; I meant the Truth.

Please define the three separate "persons" of the trinity and the amount any level they are separate.

How did we get back on this subject?

peace

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So are you thinking the translation you use is good because it is used by the masses?

It speaks of destruction of the knowing hypocrite just like the bible does.

Abdullah Yusuf Ali

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Abdullah Yusuf Ali

Am I supposed to know who or what that is or denotes?

What point are you trying to make please?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Am I supposed to know who or what that is or denotes?

What point are you trying to make please?

Please buy a direct physical Arabic to English translation quran instead of your cherry pick apps with wrong translations.
This is the book that most English learners of the quran actually use.
You must use a taqiyya version

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please buy a direct physical Arabic to English translation quran instead of your cherry pick apps with wrong translations.
This is the book that most English learners of the quran actually use.
You must use a taqiyya version

I don't know. You tell me.

I don't go off f the commentary or even read it.

But I really don't believe I using a third party to tell me what I am reading.
b72343679505a49705a26eb0b0a25824.jpg

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Quran 9:29-32
29. Fight those who do not believe in God, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden, nor abide by the religion of truth—from among those who received the Scripture—until they pay the due tax, willingly or unwillingly.
30. The Jews said, “Ezra is the son of God,” and the Christians said, “The Messiah is the son of God.” These are their statements, out of their mouths. They emulate the statements of those who blasphemed before. May God assail them! How deceived they are!
31. They have taken their rabbis and their priests as lords instead of God, as well as the Messiah son of Mary. Although they were commanded to worship none but The One God. There is no god except He. Glory be to Him; High above what they associate with Him.
32. They want to extinguish God’s light with their mouths, but God refuses except to complete His light, even though the disbelievers dislike it.

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Luke 6:27-36
27 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Is the message from 'God/god' the same?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Quran 9:30 The Jews said, “Ezra is the son of God,” and the Christians said, “The Messiah is the son of God.” These are their statements, out of their mouths. They emulate the statements of those who blasphemed before. May God assail them! How deceived they are!

Where do the Jews say that Ezra is the son of God? Not in the Old Testament. Here is every verse containing the name 'Ezra' in the Bible:

[Ezr 7:1, 6, 10-12, 21, 25 NASB] 1 Now after these things, in the reign of Artaxerxes king of Persia, there went up Ezra son of Seraiah, son of Azariah, son of Hilkiah, ... 6 This Ezra went up from Babylon, and he was a scribe skilled in the law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given; and the king granted him all he requested because the hand of the LORD his God was upon him. ... 10 For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the LORD and to practice it, and to teach His statutes and ordinances in Israel. 11 Now this is the copy of the decree which King Artaxerxes gave to Ezra the priest, the scribe, learned in the words of the commandments of the LORD and His statutes to Israel: 12 "Artaxerxes, king of kings, to Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace. And now ... 21 "I, even I, King Artaxerxes, issue a decree to all the treasurers who are in the provinces beyond the River, that whatever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, may require of you, it shall be done diligently, ... 25 "You, Ezra, according to the wisdom of your God which is in your hand, appoint magistrates and judges that they may judge all the people who are in the province beyond the River, even all those who know the laws of your God; and you may teach anyone who is ignorant of them.
[Ezr 10:1-2, 5-6, 10, 16 NASB] 1 Now while Ezra was praying and making confession, weeping and prostrating himself before the house of God, a very large assembly, men, women and children, gathered to him from Israel; for the people wept bitterly. 2 Shecaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, said to Ezra, "We have been unfaithful to our God and have married foreign women from the peoples of the land; yet now there is hope for Israel in spite of this. ... 5 Then Ezra rose and made the leading priests, the Levites and all Israel, take oath that they would do according to this proposal; so they took the oath. 6 Then Ezra rose from before the house of God and went into the chamber of Jehohanan the son of Eliashib. Although he went there, he did not eat bread nor drink water, for he was mourning over the unfaithfulness of the exiles. ... 10 Then Ezra the priest stood up and said to them, "You have been unfaithful and have married foreign wives adding to the guilt of Israel. ... 16 But the exiles did so. And Ezra the priest selected men who were heads of fathers' households for each of their father's households, all of them by name. So they convened on the first day of the tenth month to investigate the matter.
[Neh 8:1-2, 4-6, 9, 13 NASB] 1 And all the people gathered as one man at the square which was in front of the Water Gate, and they asked Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses which the LORD had given to Israel. 2 Then Ezra the priest brought the law before the assembly of men, women and all who could listen with understanding, on the first day of the seventh month. ... 4 Ezra the scribe stood at a wooden podium which they had made for the purpose. And beside him stood Mattithiah, Shema, Anaiah, Uriah, Hilkiah, and Maaseiah on his right hand; and Pedaiah, Mishael, Malchijah, Hashum, Hashbaddanah, Zechariah and Meshullam on his left hand. 5 Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up. 6 Then Ezra blessed the LORD the great God. And all the people answered, "Amen, Amen!" while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground. ... 9 Then Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the LORD your God; do not mourn or weep." For all the people were weeping when they heard the words of the law. ... 13 Then on the second day the heads of fathers' households of all the people, the priests and the Levites were gathered to Ezra the scribe that they might gain insight into the words of the law.
[Neh 12:1, 13, 26, 33, 36 NASB] 1 Now these are the priests and the Levites who came up with Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua: Seraiah, Jeremiah, Ezra, ... 13 of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, Jehohanan; ... 26 These served in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua, the son of Jozadak, and in the days of Nehemiah the governor and of Ezra the priest and scribe. ... 33 with Azariah, Ezra, Meshullam, ... 36 and his kinsmen, Shemaiah, Azarel, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethanel, Judah and Hanani, with the musical instruments of David the man of God. And Ezra the scribe went before them.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quran 9:29-32
29. Fight those who do not believe in God, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden, nor abide by the religion of truth—from among those who received the Scripture—until they pay the due tax, willingly or unwillingly.
30. The Jews said, “Ezra is the son of God,” and the Christians said, “The Messiah is the son of God.” These are their statements, out of their mouths. They emulate the statements of those who blasphemed before. May God assail them! How deceived they are!
31. They have taken their rabbis and their priests as lords instead of God, as well as the Messiah son of Mary. Although they were commanded to worship none but The One God. There is no god except He. Glory be to Him; High above what they associate with Him.
32. They want to extinguish God’s light with their mouths, but God refuses except to complete His light, even though the disbelievers dislike it.

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Luke 6:27-36
27 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Is the message from 'God/god' the same?
9:33. It is He Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the Faith of Truth that He may make it triumph over every (other) faith, even though the polytheists consider (it) hard. 9:34. O you who believe! Many of the learned men (of the Jews) and the (Christian) monks wrongfully appropriate the belongings of the people and turn (the people) away from, and themselves forsake the path of Allâh. Give the news of woeful punishment to them and to those who treasure gold and silver and do not spend it in the cause of Allâh. 9:35. The day (will come) when these (treasures) shall be heated in the Fire of Gehenna and their foreheads and their sides and their backs be branded with it; (and it shall be said to them,) ‘This is what you hoarded up for yourselves, therefore suffer (now the punishment) for what you have been (unlawfully) treasuring up.

1 Timothy 6: 9. But people who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many unwise and pernicious ways which sink mankind in destruction and ruin. 10. For from love of money all sorts of evils arise; and some have so hankered after money as to be led astray from the faith and be pierced through with countless sorrows.

Luke 18: 22. On receiving this answer Jesus said to him, "There is still one thing wanting in you. Sell everything you possess and give the money to the poor, and you shall have wealth in Heaven; and then come, follow me."

Ephesians 5: 5. For be well assured that no fornicator or immoral person and no money-grubber--or in other words idol-worshipper--has any share awaiting him in the Kingdom of Christ and of God. 6. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for it is on account of these very sins that God's anger is coming upon the disobedient. 7. Therefore do not become sharers with them.

2 Timothy 3: 1. But of this be assured: in the last days grievous times will set in. 2. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, profane. They will be disobedient to parents, thankless, irreligious, 3. destitute of natural affection, unforgiving, slanderers. They will have no self-control, but will be brutal, opposed to goodness, 4. treacherous, headstrong, self-important. They will love pleasure instead of loving God, 5. and will keep up a make-believe of piety and yet live in defiance of its power. Turn away from people of this sort.

Titus 1: 10. For there are many that spurn authority--idle, talkative and deceitful persons, who, for the most part, are adherents of the Circumcision. 11. You must stop the mouths of such men, for they overthrow the faith of whole families, teaching what they ought not, just for the sake of making money. 12. One of their own number--a Prophet who is a countryman of theirs--has said, "Cretans are always liars, dangerous animals, idle gluttons." 13. This testimony is true. Therefore sternly denounce them, that they may be robust in their faith,

Hebrews 13: 5. Your lives should be untainted by love for money. Be content with what you have; for God Himself has said, <"I will never, never let go your hand: I will never never forsake you."> 6. So that we fearlessly say, <"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid: what can man do to me?">

Matthew 23: 25. "Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for you wash clean the outside of the cup or dish, while within they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

1 Corinthians 5: 11. But what I meant was that you were not to associate with any one bearing the name of "brother," if he was addicted to fornication or avarice or idol-worship or abusive language or hard-drinking or greed of gain. With such a man you ought not even to eat.

1 Corinthians 6: 10. nor theives, nor avaricious people, nor any who are addicted to hard drinking, to abusive language or to greed of gain, will inherit God's Kingdom. 11. And all this describes what some of you were. But now you have had every stain washed off: now you have been set apart as holy: now you have been pronounced free from guilt; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and through the Spirit of our God.

Luke 11: 39. The Master however said to him, "Here we see how you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup or plate, while your secret hearts are full of greed and selfishness. 40. Foolish men! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also? 41. But as to what is within, give alms, and instantly all is clean in you.

Romans 1: 29. Their hearts overflowed with all sorts of dishonesty, mischief, greed, malice. They were full of envy and murder, and were quarrelsome, crafty, and spiteful. 30. They were secret backbiters, open slanderers; hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful; inventors of new forms of sin, disobedient to parents, destitute of common sense, 31. faithless to their promises, without natural affection, without human pity. 32. In short, though knowing full well the sentence which God pronounces against actions such as theirs, as things which deserve death, they not only practise them, but even encourage and applaud others who do them.

2 Peter 2: 14. Their very eyes are full of adultery--being eyes which never cease from sin. These men set traps to catch unstedfast souls, their own hearts being well trained in greed. They are fore-doomed to God's curse! 15. Forsaking the straight road, they have gone astray, having eagerly followed in the steps of Balaam, the son of Beor, who was bent on securing the wages of unrighteousness.

Colossians 3: 5. Therefore put to death your earthward inclinations--fornication, impurity, sensual passion, unholy desire, and all greed, for that is a form of idolatry. 6. It is on account of these very sins that God's anger is coming, 7. and you also were once addicted to them, while you were living under their power. 8. But now you must rid yourselves of every kind of sin--angry and passionate outbreaks, ill-will, evil speaking, foul-mouthed abuse--so that these may never soil your lips. 9. Do not speak falsehoods to one another, for you have stripped off the old self with its doings, 10. and have clothed yourselves with the new self which is being remoulded into full knowledge so as to become like Him who created it. 11. In that new creation there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free man, but Christ is everything and is in all of us.

(Yes; they seem to be in agreement)

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quran 9:30 The Jews said, “Ezra is the son of God,” and the Christians said, “The Messiah is the son of God.” These are their statements, out of their mouths. They emulate the statements of those who blasphemed before. May God assail them! How deceived they are!

Where do the Jews say that Ezra is the son of God? Not in the Old Testament. Here is every verse containing the name 'Ezra' in the Bible:

[Ezr 7:1, 6, 10-12, 21, 25 NASB] 1 Now after these things, in the reign of Artaxerxes king of Persia, there went up Ezra son of Seraiah, son of Azariah, son of Hilkiah, ... 6 This Ezra went up from Babylon, and he was a scribe skilled in the law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given; and the king granted him all he requested because the hand of the LORD his God was upon him. ... 10 For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the LORD and to practice it, and to teach His statutes and ordinances in Israel. 11 Now this is the copy of the decree which King Artaxerxes gave to Ezra the priest, the scribe, learned in the words of the commandments of the LORD and His statutes to Israel: 12 "Artaxerxes, king of kings, to Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace. And now ... 21 "I, even I, King Artaxerxes, issue a decree to all the treasurers who are in the provinces beyond the River, that whatever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, may require of you, it shall be done diligently, ... 25 "You, Ezra, according to the wisdom of your God which is in your hand, appoint magistrates and judges that they may judge all the people who are in the province beyond the River, even all those who know the laws of your God; and you may teach anyone who is ignorant of them.
[Ezr 10:1-2, 5-6, 10, 16 NASB] 1 Now while Ezra was praying and making confession, weeping and prostrating himself before the house of God, a very large assembly, men, women and children, gathered to him from Israel; for the people wept bitterly. 2 Shecaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, said to Ezra, "We have been unfaithful to our God and have married foreign women from the peoples of the land; yet now there is hope for Israel in spite of this. ... 5 Then Ezra rose and made the leading priests, the Levites and all Israel, take oath that they would do according to this proposal; so they took the oath. 6 Then Ezra rose from before the house of God and went into the chamber of Jehohanan the son of Eliashib. Although he went there, he did not eat bread nor drink water, for he was mourning over the unfaithfulness of the exiles. ... 10 Then Ezra the priest stood up and said to them, "You have been unfaithful and have married foreign wives adding to the guilt of Israel. ... 16 But the exiles did so. And Ezra the priest selected men who were heads of fathers' households for each of their father's households, all of them by name. So they convened on the first day of the tenth month to investigate the matter.
[Neh 8:1-2, 4-6, 9, 13 NASB] 1 And all the people gathered as one man at the square which was in front of the Water Gate, and they asked Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses which the LORD had given to Israel. 2 Then Ezra the priest brought the law before the assembly of men, women and all who could listen with understanding, on the first day of the seventh month. ... 4 Ezra the scribe stood at a wooden podium which they had made for the purpose. And beside him stood Mattithiah, Shema, Anaiah, Uriah, Hilkiah, and Maaseiah on his right hand; and Pedaiah, Mishael, Malchijah, Hashum, Hashbaddanah, Zechariah and Meshullam on his left hand. 5 Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up. 6 Then Ezra blessed the LORD the great God. And all the people answered, "Amen, Amen!" while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground. ... 9 Then Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the LORD your God; do not mourn or weep." For all the people were weeping when they heard the words of the law. ... 13 Then on the second day the heads of fathers' households of all the people, the priests and the Levites were gathered to Ezra the scribe that they might gain insight into the words of the law.
[Neh 12:1, 13, 26, 33, 36 NASB] 1 Now these are the priests and the Levites who came up with Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua: Seraiah, Jeremiah, Ezra, ... 13 of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, Jehohanan; ... 26 These served in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua, the son of Jozadak, and in the days of Nehemiah the governor and of Ezra the priest and scribe. ... 33 with Azariah, Ezra, Meshullam, ... 36 and his kinsmen, Shemaiah, Azarel, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethanel, Judah and Hanani, with the musical instruments of David the man of God. And Ezra the scribe went before them.
(Pretty sure even Jesus proclaimed that the Jew said they had sons God.)

John 10: 34. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(You should really stop promoting things contrary to scripture friend)

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
9:33. It is He Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the Faith of Truth that He may make it triumph over every (other) faith, even though the polytheists consider (it) hard. 9:34. O you who believe! Many of the learned men (of the Jews) and the (Christian) monks wrongfully appropriate the belongings of the people and turn (the people) away from, and themselves forsake the path of Allâh. Give the news of woeful punishment to them and to those who treasure gold and silver and do not spend it in the cause of Allâh. 9:35. The day (will come) when these (treasures) shall be heated in the Fire of Gehenna and their foreheads and their sides and their backs be branded with it; (and it shall be said to them,) ‘This is what you hoarded up for yourselves, therefore suffer (now the punishment) for what you have been (unlawfully) treasuring up.

1 Timothy 6: 9. But people who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many unwise and pernicious ways which sink mankind in destruction and ruin. 10. For from love of money all sorts of evils arise; and some have so hankered after money as to be led astray from the faith and be pierced through with countless sorrows.

Luke 18: 22. On receiving this answer Jesus said to him, "There is still one thing wanting in you. Sell everything you possess and give the money to the poor, and you shall have wealth in Heaven; and then come, follow me."

Ephesians 5: 5. For be well assured that no fornicator or immoral person and no money-grubber--or in other words idol-worshipper--has any share awaiting him in the Kingdom of Christ and of God. 6. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for it is on account of these very sins that God's anger is coming upon the disobedient. 7. Therefore do not become sharers with them.

2 Timothy 3: 1. But of this be assured: in the last days grievous times will set in. 2. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, profane. They will be disobedient to parents, thankless, irreligious, 3. destitute of natural affection, unforgiving, slanderers. They will have no self-control, but will be brutal, opposed to goodness, 4. treacherous, headstrong, self-important. They will love pleasure instead of loving God, 5. and will keep up a make-believe of piety and yet live in defiance of its power. Turn away from people of this sort.

Titus 1: 10. For there are many that spurn authority--idle, talkative and deceitful persons, who, for the most part, are adherents of the Circumcision. 11. You must stop the mouths of such men, for they overthrow the faith of whole families, teaching what they ought not, just for the sake of making money. 12. One of their own number--a Prophet who is a countryman of theirs--has said, "Cretans are always liars, dangerous animals, idle gluttons." 13. This testimony is true. Therefore sternly denounce them, that they may be robust in their faith,

Hebrews 13: 5. Your lives should be untainted by love for money. Be content with what you have; for God Himself has said, <"I will never, never let go your hand: I will never never forsake you."> 6. So that we fearlessly say, <"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid: what can man do to me?">

Matthew 23: 25. "Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for you wash clean the outside of the cup or dish, while within they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

1 Corinthians 5: 11. But what I meant was that you were not to associate with any one bearing the name of "brother," if he was addicted to fornication or avarice or idol-worship or abusive language or hard-drinking or greed of gain. With such a man you ought not even to eat.

1 Corinthians 6: 10. nor theives, nor avaricious people, nor any who are addicted to hard drinking, to abusive language or to greed of gain, will inherit God's Kingdom. 11. And all this describes what some of you were. But now you have had every stain washed off: now you have been set apart as holy: now you have been pronounced free from guilt; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and through the Spirit of our God.

Luke 11: 39. The Master however said to him, "Here we see how you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup or plate, while your secret hearts are full of greed and selfishness. 40. Foolish men! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also? 41. But as to what is within, give alms, and instantly all is clean in you.

Romans 1: 29. Their hearts overflowed with all sorts of dishonesty, mischief, greed, malice. They were full of envy and murder, and were quarrelsome, crafty, and spiteful. 30. They were secret backbiters, open slanderers; hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful; inventors of new forms of sin, disobedient to parents, destitute of common sense, 31. faithless to their promises, without natural affection, without human pity. 32. In short, though knowing full well the sentence which God pronounces against actions such as theirs, as things which deserve death, they not only practise them, but even encourage and applaud others who do them.

2 Peter 2: 14. Their very eyes are full of adultery--being eyes which never cease from sin. These men set traps to catch unstedfast souls, their own hearts being well trained in greed. They are fore-doomed to God's curse! 15. Forsaking the straight road, they have gone astray, having eagerly followed in the steps of Balaam, the son of Beor, who was bent on securing the wages of unrighteousness.

Colossians 3: 5. Therefore put to death your earthward inclinations--fornication, impurity, sensual passion, unholy desire, and all greed, for that is a form of idolatry. 6. It is on account of these very sins that God's anger is coming, 7. and you also were once addicted to them, while you were living under their power. 8. But now you must rid yourselves of every kind of sin--angry and passionate outbreaks, ill-will, evil speaking, foul-mouthed abuse--so that these may never soil your lips. 9. Do not speak falsehoods to one another, for you have stripped off the old self with its doings, 10. and have clothed yourselves with the new self which is being remoulded into full knowledge so as to become like Him who created it. 11. In that new creation there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free man, but Christ is everything and is in all of us.

God says PEOPLE are to love other people and GOD will handle Judgement and Punishment.

Allah says that PEOPLE should kill unbelievers. (See Quran 9:5)

How is that even close to the same message?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Hebrews 13: 5. Your lives should be untainted by love for money. Be content with what you have; for God Himself has said, 6. So that we fearlessly say,

Allah tells his followers to hate and murder his enemies.

But...

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1 John 3:15

The Quran abolishes all of the New Testament -and muslims absolutely hate the Jews over the Holy Land.

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the GOSPEL unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall ALL nations be blessed.
Galatians 3:8

Did you know that the prophet Muhammed was strangled by the angel Gabriel to recite the Quran?

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other GOSPEL unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8

Is Muhammed the way to God?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
(Pretty sure even Jesus proclaimed that the Jew said they had sons God.)

John 10: 34. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(You should really stop promoting things contrary to scripture friend)

So you agree that the Jews need to be killed over Psalm 82:6?

Here it is in context:

Psalm 82:1-8
1 God takes His stand in His own congregation;
He judges in the midst of the rulers.
2 How long will you judge unjustly
And show partiality to the wicked? Selah.
3 Vindicate the weak and fatherless;
Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
4 Rescue the weak and needy;
Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They do not know nor do they understand;
They walk about in darkness;
All the foundations of the earth are shaken.
6 I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.
7 “Nevertheless you will die like men
And fall like any one of the princes.”
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth!
For it is You who possesses all the nations.

Does that seem to claim that Ezra is the son of God?
Should all Jews be killed for believing this verse?

That IS what the Quran teaches.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God says PEOPLE are to love other people and GOD will handle Judgement and Punishment.

Allah says that PEOPLE should kill unbelievers. (See Quran 9:5)

How is that even close to the same message?
It is speaking of the spiritual death that leads one to eternal life

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single

But...

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

The Quran abolishes all of the New Testament -and muslims absolutely hate the Jews over the Holy Land.

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the GOSPEL unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall ALL nations be blessed.

Did you know that the prophet Muhammed was strangled by the angel Gabriel to recite the Quran?

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other GOSPEL unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
The Quran teaches the same thing. All the words of Jesus where directed at the Jews and too spoke of death. It is the death of self and the desires of the flesh.

Don't you even understand that sacred texts are to be read with a spiritual mindset and not literal.

The Quran says straight out repeatedly that murder of any is wrong and mercy is best.

All speak of the unbeliever in both the bible and quran is a reference to the knowing hypocrite.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you agree that the Jews need to be killed over Psalm 82:6?

Here it is in context:

Psalm 82:1-8
1 God takes His stand in His own congregation;
He judges in the midst of the rulers.
2 How long will you judge unjustly
And show partiality to the wicked? Selah.
3 Vindicate the weak and fatherless;
Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
4 Rescue the weak and needy;
Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They do not know nor do they understand;
They walk about in darkness;
All the foundations of the earth are shaken.
6 I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.
7 “Nevertheless you will die like men
And fall like any one of the princes.”
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth!
For it is You who possesses all the nations.

Does that seem to claim that Ezra is the son of God?
Should all Jews be killed for believing this verse?

That IS what the Quran teaches.
The Quran in no way promotes what you are blindly accusing.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single

But...

You are lying out right.

Reference the surah you claim tells men to murder literally.

Top Bottom