Does the Qu'ran tell the same truth found in the Christian Bible?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We could agree to disagree I suppose. However much of the Muslim community would be arguing against this claim you have stated.
I have not read a single article from a Muslim apologist that considers Jesus Christ son of Mary as 'The Son of God Almighty'.
You can take the Quran and make whatever interpretation you desire out of it and it will be true; i.e. ISIS has a true interpretation of the Quran because they agree as a group that their interpretation is true... Indeed many peaceful muslims will not agree with them either, this makes the literature unstable and a stumbling block.
That is why Jesus called Peter the Rock, because he pronounced with his tongue that Jesus is the Messiah, many muslims cannot state this, that is without being a traitor to Muhammed or even persecuted.
I respect your interpretation as a means of a charismatic peaceful approach to join the two worlds together but unfortunately for your sake it doesn't cause a dint nor hinders our collective view of the islamic state.
God bless brother pops

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Their core sacred texts says otherwise.

The same things you say about different sects of Muslims and the Quran, can be said about Christian's and the Bible; making your point moot.

Christ is a stumbling block to very many.

peace brother

fae25de8ce8a0a1577427ec6e5943c17.jpg
354e108da2342f4a63fb1bc0acb4a365.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Their core sacred texts says otherwise.

The same things you say about different sects of Muslims and the Quran, can be said about Christian's and the Bible; making your point moot.

Christ is a stumbling block to very many.

peace brother

fae25de8ce8a0a1577427ec6e5943c17.jpg
354e108da2342f4a63fb1bc0acb4a365.jpg

Right except we don't claim the Messiah to be 'only' this or 'mere' this, he is the Alpha and Omega, the finisher of our a faith.
In the past different sects of Christianity were at each others throats violently, and of course we can discuss crusades -yet, in the past.
aside, I wish to separate the peaceful muslims from the radicals, forgive me, as I should also separate the Quran from Islam.
I'm trying to follow you this through, speaking about the Quran.
Do you have any other full verses mentioning the Messiah that isn't related to how the people of the book 'thought' and said 'Allah, we killed the Messiah'?
Those verses look like they are merely quoting what 'those people' are saying or directed to 'those people' (people of the book)

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right except we don't claim the Messiah to be 'only' this or 'mere' this, he is the Alpha and Omega, the finisher of our a faith.
In the past different sects of Christianity were at each others throats violently, and of course we can discuss crusades -yet, in the past.
aside, I wish to separate the peaceful muslims from the radicals, forgive me, as I should also separate the Quran from Islam.
I'm trying to follow you this through, speaking about the Quran.
Do you have any other full verses mentioning the Messiah that isn't related to how the people of the book 'thought' and said 'Allah, we killed the Messiah'?
Those verses look like they are merely quoting what 'those people' are saying or directed to 'those people' (people of the book)

For the time I can only point you back towards post #292.

Not all references to the Christ of GOD say Jesus or Messiah..... I'm sure you know this. I will look into your request later once I make it to the house.

peace

I sincerely thank you for your leveled approach though you surely have a very different understanding presumably.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
For the time I can only point you back towards post #292.

Not all references to the Christ of GOD say Jesus or Messiah..... I'm sure you know this. I will look into your request later once I make it to the house.

peace

I sincerely thank you for your leveled approach though you surely have a very different understanding presumably.

This thread just catches my eye from time to time so don't mind me. If all muslims thought the way you do pops this world would be a much better place :)

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread just catches my eye from time to time so don't mind me. If all muslims thought the way you do pops this world would be a much better place :)

Likewise.....with reference to Christian's of course.

I look forward to it though; even moreso due to your demeanor, no doubt.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Likewise.....with reference to Christian's of course.

I look forward to it though; even moreso due to your demeanor, no doubt.

43:78. ‘We really brought you the Truth, yet most of you were those who found the truth hard.’

2:71. He said, ‘He says, “It is indeed a cow neither broken in to plough the land nor to water the tillage, perfectly sound, no spot on her”.’ They said, ‘Now you have brought the exact truth.’ So they slaughtered her, though they had no mind to do it.

3:39. So the angels called to him as he stood praying in the Sanctuary, ‘Allâh bears you the glad tidings of John, who shall confirm the word of God and who shall be noble, utterly chaste, a Prophet from among the righteous.’

(Sorry; very tired now, gotta shower and hit the sack.

peace)

Top Bottom