MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
What false statement?

I'm not running by refusing to argue about what you yourself said.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Post #138
All will be brought back and judged...those in knowing error against the Holy Spirit will be damned/ destroyed forever.
Those who where genuinely ignorant in physical life....their sin had been paid for.
Pops, you are wrong. The Bible does not, in any fashion, support your statement. You have provided no support for your claim, though I have asked.
Instead you say that what I share from scripture makes God cruel and evil.
I provide scripture. You say God is cruel and evil.
You provide no scripture. You make statements that God does not make.
Either you are lying or God is lying. I say it is you who is lying.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Post #138

Pops, you are wrong. The Bible does not, in any fashion, support your statement. You have provided no support for your claim, though I have asked.
Instead you say that what I share from scripture makes God cruel and evil.
I provide scripture. You say God is cruel and evil.
You provide no scripture. You make statements that God does not make.
Either you are lying or God is lying. I say it is you who is lying.
I showed you with the scripture you provided and your own words.

I said that about what you obviously interpret from the bible. Not about the GOD of the Bible.

I'm not wastingy time playing roundy round with a grown man.

I'm just not.

If you want to lie to yourself toake you feel better them go ahead. But stop lying about me.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I showed you with the scripture you provided and your own words.

I said that about what you obviously interpret from the bible. Not about the GOD of the Bible.

I'm not wastingy time playing roundy round with a grown man.

I'm just not.

If you want to lie to yourself toake you feel better them go ahead. But stop lying about me.

Pops, you cannot see how utterly wrong your statement is. Perhaps someday you'll recognize what makes it so unbiblical.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

:focus:

In another thread, there is a theme that Jesus generally excluded children from His desire to bless... generally, the promises, commands, etc. from God EXCLUDE children (unless they are specifically mentioned)....

Let's see what the Bible itself says about Jesus and children....

Mark 10:13-16

Mark 10:15

Matthew 18:2-4

Luke 9:47-48

Matthew 18:10

Mark 7:24-30

Mark 9:14-27

John 4:46-52

What impression do YOU get?

+ Does Jesus tend to shun or exclude little children?

+ Is the focus of Jesus' concern and ministry limited to those over a certain age or only to those who FIRST publicly document their choice of Him as their personal Savior?

+ Does Jesus indicate that children are excluded from His love, blessings and directives? That children are unable to be blessed by God, that children outside the realm of His ministry and ours, that children cannot be given faith (see also Luke 1:15, Luke 1:41-44)? When we look at the directives of God, must we assume that Jesus of course excludes children?

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Me in Post #133: “Therefore all humans will be brought back to life, including all children.

Albion in Post #134: “Therefore all humans will be brought back to life, including all children. incorrect

==============================================================================================

Original Nicene Creed (325AD): “From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
So-Called Nicene Creed (381AD): “from thence he shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead.
Apostles’ Creed: “from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
Athanasian Creed: “from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire.

Do the creeds definitively exclude infants?

If so, how are baptised infants judged worthy?

And if unbaptised infants are excluded, do we have to request of the Roman Catholic Church that it re-establish infant limbo (limbus infantium or limbus puerorum)?

I think I’ll stick with 1 Corinthians 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
God is love, Jesus shows that. The problem we have is that the world is cursed. It isn't God's fault, it is humanity's fault, and we are spreading that curse, with all our sinning. God would show justice throwing this world away and starting with a new one. As God is love, as Jesus shows, Jesus came for us, showing the way, for us to come to him and redemption would be provided for us, and Jesus died in the one effective atonement for us. Jesus showed he included small children in this and we should come to him as children. We are then responsible, to not just let God do all things for us, but work at making this world better, giving as we can, helping others, and reaching for such others to come to Christ with whom there is the redemption available to them, in this life, which they should respond to. If we really live right we can work at stopping more of the spread of the curse, which is our part, that God made available for us, in this world, which God could still justly throw away. God is love and it is good we have this opportunity provided instead, to spread the good news and help more of others come to living in the better way. We need more to turn from sins.

Water baptism is not what saves us, and it does nothing for our salvation.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
God is love, Jesus shows that. The problem we have is that the world is cursed. It isn't God's fault, it is humanity's fault, and we are spreading that curse, with all our sinning. God would show justice throwing this world away and starting with a new one. As God is love, as Jesus shows, Jesus came for us, showing the way, for us to come to him and redemption would be provided for us, and Jesus died in the one effective atonement for us. Jesus showed he included small children in this and we should come to him as children. We are then responsible, to not just let God do all things for us, but work at making this world better, giving as we can, helping others, and reaching for such others to come to Christ with whom there is the redemption available to them, in this life, which they should respond to. If we really live right we can work at stopping more of the spread of the curse, which is our part, that God made available for us, in this world, which God could still justly throw away. God is love and it is good we have this opportunity provided instead, to spread the good news and help more of others come to living in the better way. We need more to turn from sins.

Water baptism is not what saves us, and it does nothing for our salvation.

We can't stop the "curse" of sin. Only Jesus' death could bring atonement for all sin and He did that. Baptism provides the connection of the waters to the cross, giving faith to the little ones so they may believe and have eternal life. How gracious of our God to provide.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do the creeds definitively exclude infants?

No. No age is even mentioned in any Creed.

I think I’ll stick with 1 Corinthians 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Me, too.

Which is why I have no problem with infant baptism. IN CHRIST are ALL made alive. CHRIST does it (not self, so nothing in self is relevant) and ALL (nothing about those under some age no one will disclose render Christ impotent to make alive).

Top Bottom