Multiple Gospels= third testament

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do some say there are multiple gospels of salvation?

If Moses came with the law and Christ with mercy and the truth then how is it that some say there is some other good news that leads one to salvation? Why do people seem to act like St. Paul brought us a third testament nullifying the teachings and example of the Way and Truth?

Excuse my ignorance.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

If Moses came with the law and Christ with mercy and the truth then how is it that some say there is some other good news that leads one to salvation? Why do people seem to act like St. Paul brought us a third testament nullifying the teachings and example of the Way and Truth?

Excuse my ignorance.

peace

Like the Qur'an?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You've got me. Who DOES say that?

:confused2:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like the Qur'an?

The Quran is not part of this thread but it does reiterate the one Gospel regardless of if you believe it or not. You might know that if you actually studied it.

If your just gonna drop by to blurt out irrelevant things not related to the thread then please keep your comments to yourself. This thread was started in the hopes of profitable conversation; not to promote spite and contention.

peace

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've got me. Who DOES say that?

:confused2:
No one here that I know of.

But there are very many of them.

They generally go by grace alone or belief alone. They have even argued that Christ is not the Vine and spiritual Israel, and the gentile is not grafted into it. All this is done in order to promote an easy comfortable life as opposed to staying true to the teachings of Christ. They seem to think that St. Paul is the only apostle given this second gospel of salvation and they equate the kingdom of GOD to the literal physical nation of Israel.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What does this third gospel state?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does this third gospel state?
There is no third gospel.

It is derived from people misunderstanding the writings ascribed to St. Paul as if they are contradictory to the entire bible including the teachings, and example of the Christ Himself.

Basically it boils down to " all we must do is believe on the name of Jesus to be saved"; as opposed to believe correlating with what one actually does in secret and in the open.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

There are only two views on this. Among all the "religions" of the world and all the denominations within them, there are only two views.

How do we get right with God, how do we deal with sin? There are two places to look: In the Mirror or to the Cross. Every religion embraces one or the other - self saves self or Jesus saves self.

Answer this: WHO is the Savior?

IF you answer "Jesus" then Jesus is the Savior. Not you - not a bit, not at all, not now, not ever, not in any way or shape or form or manner. Salvation is entirely, wholly wrapped up in Jesus. Salvation is wholly something Jesus does, accomplishes, achieves, gives. It's entirely HIS work. HIS heart. HIS love. HIS mercy. HIS gift. HIS blessing. His life, His death, His resurrection. His Cross, His blood, His sacrifice. His righteousness, His obedience, His holiness. Not you. Not yours. You may have some other role in some other matter, but not this. The "job" of Savior belongs to Jesus. Not you.

IF you answer "ME!" then you are the Savior. Not Jesus. Not a bit, not at all. Not now, not ever. Not in any way, shape or form or manner. Salvation is all wrapped up in YOU. YOUR works. YOUR will. YOUR love. YOUR efforts. YOUR merits. YOUR obedience. YOUR righteousness. YOUR holiness. YOUR sacrifice. YOUR decisions. YOUR feelings. YOUR accomplishments. Not Jesus. Not Jesus'. Jesus may have some other role in some other matter, just not this one. The Savior is you.

- Josiah

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are only two views on this. Among all the "religions" of the world and all the denominations within them, there are only two views.
Expound on your meaning please.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There is no third gospel.
Surely you can do better than that, pops. You started us off with the statement that there are people preaching multiple Gospels, but when asked for more information, you don't know what people you are referring to (or won't say) and you say that there aren't multiple Gospels.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Surely you can do better than that, pops. You started us off with the statement that there are people preaching multiple Gospels, but when asked for more information, you don't know what people you are referring to (or won't say) and you say that there aren't multiple Gospels.
Do you ever think there was a separate gospel of salvation?

Give me a few. I will quote posts from an actual thread started to refute that there is one gospel of salvation.

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know. What people are saying that?

Why do people seem to act like St. Paul brought us a third testament nullifying the teachings and example of the Way and Truth?

I don't know. Which people seem to be acting that way and why do they think like that?

What is your explanation?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. What people are saying that?

I don't know. Which people seem to be acting that way and why do they think like that?

What is your explanation?
"What is it?

(note to MADs and any others who know there's more than one: please refrain from debating this one. I expect very few responses to this question; whatever responses it does get will almost certainly be evasive and dishonest. Thanks much.)"

This was the opener for their argument. It revolves around the separation of the Jew and gentile which is not a thing. And belief being basically only confessing Jesus name, and having nothing to do with works. They say the Gospel that saves is the death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, yet won't expound on how that one is saved through such.

If one is saved by hearing and believing but belief is that all is done for you and you can remain in knowing sin and attainment to greedy desires as opposed to the love of GOD then what is it you believe? How does it change you?

They go on to divide the kingdom of GOD from heaven or eternity or closeness to GOD by saying it is a physical nation on Earth only.

I'm sorry this is sort of a rant right now.

Feel free to pick anything I said and ask about it. I will do my best to clarify further.

They say the Vine isn't Christ but Israel.

It's craziness; that's partly why it sounds like such.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Josiah said:

How do we get right with God, how do we deal with sin? There are two places to look: In the Mirror or to the Cross. Every religion embraces one or the other - self saves self or Jesus saves self.

Answer this: WHO is the Savior?

IF you answer "Jesus" then Jesus is the Savior. Not you - not a bit, not at all, not now, not ever, not in any way or shape or form or manner. Salvation is entirely, wholly wrapped up in Jesus. Salvation is wholly something Jesus does, accomplishes, achieves, gives. It's entirely HIS work. HIS heart. HIS love. HIS mercy. HIS gift. HIS blessing. His life, His death, His resurrection. His Cross, His blood, His sacrifice. His righteousness, His obedience, His holiness. Not you. Not yours. You may have some other role in some other matter, but not this. The "job" of Savior belongs to Jesus. Not you.

IF you answer "ME!" then you are the Savior. Not Jesus. Not a bit, not at all. Not now, not ever. Not in any way, shape or form or manner. Salvation is all wrapped up in YOU. YOUR works. YOUR will. YOUR love. YOUR efforts. YOUR merits. YOUR obedience. YOUR righteousness. YOUR holiness. YOUR sacrifice. YOUR decisions. YOUR feelings. YOUR accomplishments. Not Jesus. Not Jesus'. Jesus may have some other role in some other matter, just not this one. The Savior is you.

Expound on your meaning please.

All people, all religions, all denominations point to one of two things: Self or Jesus. Two Gospels, two suggested "solutions."

- Josiah

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The Quran is not part of this thread but it does reiterate the one Gospel regardless of if you believe it or not. You might know that if you actually studied it.

If your just gonna drop by to blurt out irrelevant things not related to the thread then please keep your comments to yourself. This thread was started in the hopes of profitable conversation; not to promote spite and contention.

peace

Sorry I didn't read the OP correctly, I was thinking of 1.OT, 2. NT and 3. ?? My bad

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All people, all religions, all denominations point to one of two things: Self or Jesus. Two Gospels, two suggested "solutions."

- Josiah
Then what do you make of the fact that Christ dwells in the hearts and minds of the believer? Is not the law of the Spirit to be listened to? To be followed?

How does one inwardly declaring to self that they are a bond servant of the LORD equate to a separate Gospel?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I didn't read the OP correctly, I was thinking of 1.OT, 2. NT and 3. ?? My bad

No problem at all friend.

Thank you for the clarification.

peace

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Excuse my ignorance.

peace

It was Paul who wrote in Galatians 1:8-9
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
It was Paul who wrote in Galatians 1:8-9
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Well, that's no big surprise. Saul/Paul even calls Christ a curse and teaches his followers to believe the same: Galatians 3:13

The Gospel that was preached by Christ and His followers before Saul/Paul came around contain teachings that greatly differ on many points from him. By default then, Saul/Paul also calls those who came before him cursed.

Top Bottom