Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
In keeping with my personal tradition (most people would call it a habit) 2018 sees me reading the bible in another translation. This year it is
The New Community Bible
It has rather a lot of footnotes and explanatory notes. Mostly I ignore such things but with this translation I may have a look at them as I am reading because they appear to contain some interesting and some controversial opinions.

The translation is the work of the Claretian brothers - a Catholic order.

I may decide to play NCB-Only games when I am feeling playful and also maybe when I am feeling cantankerous - I say this because I notice how many KJV-Only people seem to be cantankerous about their preferred bible translation.

It is possible that the NCB may be available in either text files or in a bible app, if it is then I may use it for bible quotes. I am sure it will stir up some controversy if I do.

*grin*

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In keeping with my personal tradition (most people would call it a habit) 2018 sees me reading the bible in another translation. This year it is
The New Community Bible
It has rather a lot of footnotes and explanatory notes. Mostly I ignore such things but with this translation I may have a look at them as I am reading because they appear to contain some interesting and some controversial opinions.

I may decide to play NCB-Only games when I am feeling playful and also maybe when I am feeling cantankerous - I say this because I notice how many KJV-Only people seem to be cantankerous about their preferred bible translation.

It is possible that the NCB may be available in either text files or in a bible app, if it is then I may use it for bible quotes. I am sure it will stir up some controversy if I do.

*grin*
Was wonderin where you been.

Good to see you. I look forward to the quotes.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Wait a minute... I'm confused... Is this a new thread and was it posted by MoreCoffee???
Before I explode into joy I want to make sure my eyes or app isnt playing tricks on me [emoji50]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The New Community Bible

*grin*

We never have any controversy here :O_O:

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Check the inside cover. The KJV says it is the AUTHORIZED Translation, so that makes it more special than all those non-authorized versions. So is the NCB an “AUTHORIZED” Translation? :smile:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
The New Community Bible

*grin*

Please do. It'll be a nice comparison - whether the reader agrees or not

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Om sooo happy! Welcome back brother MC i have missed the heck out of you bud! We got a lot to catch up on! Love you brother MC keep around! [emoji7][emoji50][emoji14][emoji28][emoji18][emoji52][emoji56] -me going through the emotions....
How are you???

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Hey, man. Good to hear from you again. :disgonbegood:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Check the inside cover. The KJV says it is the AUTHORIZED Translation, so that makes it more special than all those non-authorized versions. So is the NCB an “AUTHORIZED” Translation? :smile:

The NCB is authorised up the wazoo! It has a dozen bishops and stuff authorising it and what is even better they are real bishops with mitres and Catholic credentials and stuff - not like that lame old (and very dead) king who allegedly authorised the KJV :p

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Its name is the Authorized Version (AV). :rolleyes:

But of course if you prefer the Up the Wazoo version (UTW), that's your right.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you think King James did all the work? Of course not there were many theologans that did it and determined the books and the translation

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Do you think King James did all the work? Of course not there were many theologans that did it and determined the books and the translation

James the first of England is alleged to have funded the translation but he never authorised it so the KJV is authorised only by having the words "authorised to be read in churches" printed in the front matter by publishers. Of course in the Anglican church the KJV used to be used but most Anglicans in England and Australia seem to use NRSV or REB and similar newer translations for their readings from the lectern.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Great to see you posting here again MoreCoffee. :)

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So glad to see you back MoreCoffee. :hug2: Excited to see you post more. :hearts:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[MENTION=60]MoreCoffee[/MENTION] ;

Have you read the Weymouth version?

I just changed the digital one I generally use to that format from the KJV; and I find it very good so far. What are your thoughts on it please.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
[MENTION=60]MoreCoffee[/MENTION] ;

Have you read the Weymouth version?

I just changed the digital one I generally use to that format from the KJV; and I find it very good so far. What are your thoughts on it please.

I have not read the whole of the Weymouth translation only parts of it. It seems fairly good. It's missing the 7 canonical books that are usually missing from Protestant bibles and alo parts of Daniel and parts of Esther. The missing books are
  • 1 Maccabees
  • 2 Maccabees
  • Baruck
  • Wisdom
  • Ecclesiasticus
  • Tobit
  • Judith

Last edited:
Top Bottom