Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Here I am going to post some of my father in laws bible studies.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Micah 6:6-8:
With what shall I come to the Lord
And bow myself before the God on high?
Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings,
With yearling calves?
Does the Lord take delight in thousands of rams,
In ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts,
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?

This is my personal vision statement from scripture. I believe that every believer should have a scripture that serves as a guide for their life. What is yours?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The three names of woman. When man was created, he was lonely. This was not an imperfection. It was (and is) an essential part of man's healthy nature. God said, "I will make a helper." (Genesis 2:18-22.) This word, "helper", has the idea of being surrounded. It is both strong (like the walls of a fort) and intimate (like arms extended around another). Then God brings all the animals capable of having fellowship with man--the beasts, the birds and the cattle--in order that man would understand that there is nothing in this world that can protect man from his loneliness and have the kind of intimacy which man needs. When woman is created, man names her woman, meaning "out-of-man". This is a declaration of spiritual and practical unity. Adam simple means "man". The first man and woman had no need to declare their separate identities. They were completely comfortable in their relationship with one another. It is only after the fall that woman is given the name, "Eve." Eve means "living." This naming was in contrast to the curse, "you shall surely die." It is an expression of hope and a recounting of man's fist covenant: "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth." It is not PC, but it is true that giving birth is a sacred event. God allows us to co-operate in the creation of one who is in God's image, and woman is the vessel for this wondrous event.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
II Timothy 3:1-7: But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Many look to world events as a sign of his coming. I think a truer standard is the character of mankind. But I also believe this is descriptive rather than proscriptive. Paul points out the two influences in Timothy's life that set him apart: the influence of godly women in his life (and paul being a godly man in his life) and the word of God.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Psalm 40:1-3.
For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the Lord."

Some believe that the life of the Christian should be an easy road, that suffering is a barrier to the work of God. Not so in scriptures. Suffering serves three purposes. First, it causes believers to rely upon him instead of themselves. Second, it becomes a touch point for our testimony as the unbeliever sees how we endure and overcome. Finally, it can be the avenue that leads an unbeliever into the faith.
The story of Nebuchadnezzar is a good example of the third. (Daniel 4: 29-30) He lead an unchallenged life. but God destroyed his life and took away all upon which Nebuchadnezzar relied. Only when he submitted his life to God, was his life restored.
There is no doubt that we should avoid suffering, but when it is thrust upon us, we should walk strong, sure of our safety in the Lord.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
John 8:31-33
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?”
I am always surprised by the number of believers who are enslaved to sin. They are like these Jews, who believed and belonged, but were not disciples. Believing is sufficient for salvation, but alone does not bring freedom. Likewise, it is one thing to belong to a church and another thing to become a church.
Discipleship is faith in working shoes. It is moving forward toward maturity. Believing and belonging is a stone being chosen. Discipleship occurs when the divine Mason shapes the stone and fits it into the structure of the church.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In Paul's prayer, in Colossians 1:9-12, he lays out a roadmap to maturity.
1. Direction: "that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding."
2. Motivation: "so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects."
3. Fruitfulness: "bearing fruit in every good work"
4. Growth: "increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might"
5. Steadfastness: "for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience."
6. Gratitude: "joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light."

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
James 1:2-4.
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
I recently completed my season of pursuing the disciplines of a godly life. It is interesting that suffering is not listed as a discipline. The Bible teaches that perfection is not possible without suffering. It is difficult to see this while in the act of enduring suffering, but it is a means of grace.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
1 Timothy 1:12-14
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service, even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.
I share this verse, as can many, as my personal testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hated Christ and hated his people. But, he took every blow that I landed against him and returned only grace. I was led to faith by a man who reflected that grace. In spite of the hateful things that I did and said to him, he returned only grace. We live in a world that often hates those who follow Christ. We should follow the example of Christ who died for us "while we were still sinners." He loved us before we ever loved him. I personally testify and affirm the truth of his grace and love toward us.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ephesians 2:1-3
Made Alive in Christ
"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest."
In the light of God's grace, there is often a diminished view of the problem of sin. This permeates our culture and has several significant results. First, there is an increased slavery to sin. I am talking about the spiritual addictions--anger, sensuality, materialism, selfishness, etc. I believe that many of the social, economic and political crises that we face arise from these spiritual addictions.
Second, we glorify the flesh and throw ourselves into gratification. II Peter 2:1-2 speaks of false teachers arising who mislead others into sensuality. Everything we think and do is evaluated on the basis of how it made us feel. People dive deeper and deeper into the pursuit of pleasure.
Third, we ignore the cumulative effects of sin. Just as a individual can become hardened against guilt, a culture can become hardened against shame. Consider the crisis in the entertainment industry. The very shamelessness that they have sold in movies and television has infected the industry. I pray that this present crisis will change the course of entertainment.
Fourth, there comes a point where evil is called good and good, evil. A case in point is virginity. Our culture views virginity as unhealthy and promiscuity as healthy. As a result, we spend enormous effort trying to mitigate the effects of promiscuity, rather than standing up for fidelity and self-control.
Do not return to the death that is found in sin, rather walk in a manner pleasing to our Lord and worthy of our calling.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Galatians 6:1-5
Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another. For each one will bear his own load.

Galatians does not hesitate to warn of the dangers of the sinful nature and the importance of righteousness. The old nature (the flesh) is the enemy of the spirit (Galatians 5:19-26). It gives, perhaps, the best description of what a truly righteous life should produce--the fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:19-26.) Righteousness is seen as a co-operative work of the Holy Spirit and the believer's spirit.

Then it turns to the issue of how we should help one another in our pursuit of righteousness. The emphasis is on helping those who are helplessly entangled in sin. The goal is restoration of that person's walk in the Spirit. The attitude is gentleness and humility, both realizing and protecting oneself from the dangers of temptation. Let him who boast, boast in the Lord.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ephesians 1:3-6
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
Why do we not receive that which he freely bestows? One key element in receiving His blessings is thanksgiving toward Him. Esau did not appreciate his earthly blessings. (Genesis 25:27-34.) Because he could not even recognize the blessings from God in the physical, he could not receive his spiritual blessings from God. Thus, by faith Isaac blessed Jacob. Likewise, ten lepers received the physical blessing of healing (Luke 17:11-19), but only one came back to give thanks. I daresay that the one received more than just his physical healing that day. Receiving "every spiritual blessing" must occur in an atmosphere of appreciation and thanksgiving. How will we recognize and give thanks for our spiritual blessings when we cannot even recognize our earthly blessings.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Galatians 6:1-5 Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another. For each one will bear his own load.

Galatians does not hesitate to warn of the dangers of the sinful nature and the importance of righteousness. The old nature (the flesh) is the enemy of the spirit (Galatians 5:19-26). It gives, perhaps, the best description of what a truly righteous life should produce--the fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:19-26.) Righteousness is seen as a co-operative work of the Holy Spirit and the believer's spirit.

Then it turns to the issue of how we should help one another in our pursuit of righteousness. The emphasis is on helping those who are helplessly entangled in sin. The goal is restoration of that person's walk in the Spirit. The attitude is gentleness and humility, both realizing and protecting oneself from the dangers of temptation. Let him who boast, boast in the Lord.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
James 3:13-18. Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
There is always a righteous way to accomplish the will of God. There are those who attempted to accomplish the will of God through fleshly means. (Jude 11.) Jacob is an example--he deceived his father, Isaac, in order to receive his blessing. But scripture says that Isaac blessed Jacob by faith (Hebrews 11:20). If Jacob had not deceived Isaac, he would still have received the blessing, but perhaps would have avoided some of the other troubles in his live. David had an opportunity to take what he had been promised (the throne of Israel) by killing Saul. But he refused, knowing that his destiny would be secured through righteous means.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Philippians 4:6-7: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Worry is the great distraction from the present tasks. The antidote to worry is trust in God. When we pray, we need to "cast our cares upon him" (I Peter 5:6-7). He is the source of all that we need for life and much more (Luke 12:22-28).

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
1 John 1:5-7
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
This raises the question, "what is light?" Ephesians 5 describes light in two ways. First, that it is a metaphor for moral purity and truth. Second is that what is exposed to the light (the truth) is transformed to light (purified). Jesus (John 12:35-36) teaches that if we walk with him, we become "sons of light".
Seek out the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. In His presence is transforming truth.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When Jesus sent out the twelve (Matthew 10:1-15), he gave specific instructions which guide us in ministry (whether lay or ordained). First, he gave them a target. It might sound good to say, "I just want to help everyone", but it rarely results in any fruit. Second, he instructed them to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom. Charitable work is of benefit, but what good is done for a man to gain the whole world and lose their soul. Third, he instructed them to give as they have received. In their case, they had received many miraculous gifts. You need to give out of the miracle in which you have participated. Healing for healing, provision for provision, comfort for comfort. Fourth, he exhorted them not to use the ministry as a means to gain wealth. He encouraged them to receive freely the support of others, but never look to the accumulation of wealth. Finally, he instructed them not to carry the burden (the dust) of those who would not respond to the gospel.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The first church consisted of 3000 plus believers fellowshipping, learning, praying, celebrating, sharing, etc. (Acts 2:40-47). The light of the resurrection of Jesus Christ shined brightly and it seemed as if the power of the church was unstoppable. The enemy soon learned that threats from the outside would not deter the kingdom of God. Instead, he roused up threats from the inside. Persecution has never worked, but gossip, unforgiveness, selfishness, pride and impatience will effectively sideline congregations from the inside. Ephesians 4:1-6 teaches us to treat one another with humility, gentleness, patience and love. We must center in on the unity of our service to God.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What is the working of our new covenant? Hebrews 10:19-25 gives us a brief list: Sincerity of heart, assurance of faith, heart clean from guilt, "bodily washed" (cleansed by the word, Ephesians 5:26), unwavering hope, practicing love and good works, and fully engaged in the body (the church).

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In Hebrews (5:11-14) we are exhorted to press forward to spiritual maturity. The goal of spiritual maturity is faith, hope and love (I Corinthians 13:11-13). What follows in Hebrews (6:1-8) is a frightening description of the perpetually immature who receive the blessings of God but produce only thorns, resulting in a hardening of their hearts. But blessing is promised to those who through faith and patience accomplish the good work of God. (Hebrews 6:9-12.)

Top Bottom