Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yay or nay?

see if you can convince me either way because I have no opinion on this topic..
For me I simply say "so what" we are told to be prepared any day now anyway, makes no difference if you call it the rapture or armageddon. Be prepared for either or both... :/

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"So what?" is quite defensible as an answer. If the rapture takes place, then it does. If it does not, then it doesn't. The only possible difference to us in our lives here and now might be that we ought to be ready (as you said). But we knew that already.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The "rapture" is not what the Left Behind series state. Modern theology (again, we have modern people changing what the bible means!) mistranslates a word from 1 Thessalonians 4:13. That verse speaks of Jesus raising the dead on the last day...and that means all the dead.

Here is what 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 states, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

Here is are two great articles on it:

http://www.soundwitness.org/evangel/will_you_be_left_behind.htm

https://promisechurch.squarespace.com/rapture

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I didnt readd all of the article but I would like to point out where it states there will be one judgement scripture does not agree. There is the Judgement seat of Christ where believers are judged and then there is the Great White Throne Judgement where unbelievers are judged and there is also the judgement of the nations if I remember correctly so on that point alone it is wrong. Personally I do believe that Christians will be removed or raptured if you will for we know from scripture that which witholds will be withdrawn which to my feeble mind means the Holy Spirit and Christians, not denoms but the true Christian, the ones who are Spirit filled, led by God, living Holy lives etc, however you wish to describe a true Christian.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I didnt readd all of the article but I would like to point out where it states there will be one judgement scripture does not agree. There is the Judgement seat of Christ where believers are judged and then there is the Great White Throne Judgement where unbelievers are judged and there is also the judgement of the nations if I remember correctly so on that point alone it is wrong. Personally I do believe that Christians will be removed or raptured if you will for we know from scripture that which witholds will be withdrawn which to my feeble mind means the Holy Spirit and Christians, not denoms but the true Christian, the ones who are Spirit filled, led by God, living Holy lives etc, however you wish to describe a true Christian.

Do you have scriptural support?

Here is mine:
"Matthew 24:40-41 shows how believers and unbelievers will be separated on the last day. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 explains that there will be Christians on earth when Jesus returns visibly on the last day. Those Christians will not experience death, but their bodies—like the resurrected bodies of Christians—will also be glorified.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 describes the Lord returning visibly to this world on the last day, raising the bodies of Christians and reuniting them with their souls, and gathering to himself Christians who are alive on the earth. The apostle Paul was addressing a concern on the part of the Thessalonian Christians regarding fellow Christians who had died. That is why he limits his treatment of judgment day in this section of the Bible to Christians who died and Christians who are still alive on the earth.

Titus 2:13 and Amos 5:18 do not describe two separate events; they describe how different the last day will be for believers and unbelievers. For believers, the last day will usher in an eternity of joy and glory that they will experience with their glorified bodies and souls (Revelation 21:3-4). For unbelievers, the last day will be a banishment, with both body and soul, to the darkness of hell (Matthew 22:13; 25:41). With this in mind, it is very understandable that there will be different reactions to the Lord’s return."

https://wels.net/faq/understanding-the-last-day/

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
The "rapture" is not what the Left Behind series state. Modern theology (again, we have modern people changing what the bible means!) mistranslates a word from 1 Thessalonians 4:13. That verse speaks of Jesus raising the dead on the last day...and that means all the dead.

Here is what 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 states, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

Here is are two great articles on it:

http://www.soundwitness.org/evangel/will_you_be_left_behind.htm

https://promisechurch.squarespace.com/rapture

Who is the "we" in 1 Thessalonians? Is it the universal world or is it the elect? I say the context ensures that the "we" is the elect.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The rapture sounds like it helps people take the imminent return more seriously? I guess? I still don't understand why it's so important to discuss it so loudly or even to debate about for a second. It's in the bible and so are a lot of things but this is no more special than all the other information. Seems more like evangelical hoopla. IMO

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The rapture sounds like it helps people take the imminent return more seriously? I guess? I still don't understand why it's so important to discuss it so loudly or even to debate about for a second. It's in the bible and so are a lot of things but this is no more special than all the other information. Seems more like evangelical hoopla. IMO

You'll find that there are about as many ideas about what is going to happen in the end times as their are christians. from pre tribulation rapture, mid tribulation rapture, no rapture, whatever. You can spend a lot of time coming up with a position. It's more important to be ready in case he decides to return now

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The rapture sounds like it helps people take the imminent return more seriously? I guess?
Personally, I don't see why it would. A profound belief in the Tribulation or some other events related to the Second Coming might do that, but I don't see why a belief in the Rapture would.

I still don't understand why it's so important to discuss it so loudly or even to debate about for a second. It's in the bible and so are a lot of things but this is no more special than all the other information. Seems more like evangelical hoopla. IMO
I understand, but others probably have another view and I know you are hoping to hear from them.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Personally, I don't see why it would. A profound belief in the Tribulation or some other events related to the Second Coming might do that, but I don't see why a belief in the Rapture would.

I understand, but others probably have another view and I know you are hoping to hear from them.
I am hoping for a answer yes.
I just dont see this as helping the message, I just really don't.
How is this pronunciation of the rapture any more important than simply following Jesus Christ's examples and teachings and being responsive to his teachings?
We are warned of what will become of this world but what does that have to do with being saved?
I'm not asking you this Albion, this is directed to anyone who supports a necessity towards the subject whether by defending for it or against it, I just miss the point I guess.
I know it's in the bible but what is backing up the amount of attention it gets if we as Christians aren't apart of 'this' world anymore? That world will end and whether it's in our lifetime or not it doesn't change the fact that scripture alone gives us these warnings concerning the worlds demise into the degenerated abyss, we are already ready lol we are Christians IN CHRIST!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I personally can't wait!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yup and why debate what has been debated to death. I believe what I believe and my position is not shaky nor will it change. What I have found from doing this in the past is that pre tribs like myself, mid tribs, and post tribs use pretty much the same scriptures just a different interpretation and I have found thta everyone holds their beliefs so pointless

Top Bottom