Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The movie Mean Girls is about the pecking order of teenage girls. The group of girls called the Plastics thought they were better than everyone else and manipulated those around them. This movie is to the Millennials what the Breakfast club was to the 80s.

Thoughts on the movie?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Teens are pack animals..... Cliques are POWERFUL..... They are among adults a LOT more than we acknowledge, but they seem to be especially powerful during those middle and high school years (I'm glad I was homeschooled for most of that time).

And yes, these packs seem to be founded on being homogenious (SAMENESS, having some clear thing in common) is important. Likes (however good or bad) attract the same because they will find affirmation in that group.

I witnessed my sister during those years.... and concluded girls can be really mean. They seem to perfect their oral skills so as to cut DEEP with their words (and even non-words, their body language). And even as a teen boy, I got on the receiving end of this a couple of times. IMO, it seems to be MUCH worse among girls. Boys form these packs, these cliques too (just as much) but don't seem to be as MEAN.

Just MY very, very limited experience....

- Josiah

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Teenaged boys can be mean too. It's just that they do it jokingly and don't care as much as the girls do. I remember my husband's friends teasing him but it was always laughed off because they were friends. I was the mean one and told them to knock if off.

Top Bottom