Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Has anyone read the Maze Runner books or watched the movies? I see that the 3rd movie is either out or soon to be out. The first two have been on tv recently and I liked the first one but the sequel built itself up to nothing in my opinion.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read all 4 books..... I guess I like them some because I read all the books, but can't say I was a fan.

I've seen the movies so far. I like the acting and the special effects are amazing, but it's the story I'm just not that into. And maybe my memory isn't good (I read the books when they first came out) but it doesn't SEEM to ME the films and books are the same.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read all 4 books..... I guess I like them some because I read all the books, but can't say I was a fan.

I've seen the movies so far. I like the acting and the special effects are amazing, but it's the story I'm just not that into. And maybe my memory isn't good (I read the books when they first came out) but it doesn't SEEM to ME the films and books are the same.

I haven't read the books. I don't like it when movies are too far from what the books were about. So maybe it will be an interesting journey for me to delve into what the author originally intended for the concept. I didn't know there were 4 books! Wow. I'm not even sure where the storyline could keep going.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The 4th book takes place in time before the first (it is by far the worse of the series).

I'm okay with the films.... I actually think the productions are well done and I hope to see some of these young actors in other films.

I could be very wrong (it's happened in my life, just ever so rarely), and I read the books some time ago, but I sensed quite a lot of differences. I think the Hunger Games series did a much better job of bringing the books to the screen.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The 4th book takes place in time before the first (it is by far the worse of the series).

I'm okay with the films.... I actually think the productions are well done and I hope to see some of these young actors in other films.

I could be very wrong (it's happened in my life, just ever so rarely), and I read the books some time ago, but I sensed quite a lot of differences. I think the Hunger Games series did a much better job of bringing the books to the screen.

I had to wait quite a few years before I could watch the Hunger Games movies! I didn't know how they would handle showing the kids being killed and I couldn't bear to watch it. Reading is one thing where I could stop and put a book down and adjust my mindset to remember it's fiction.

Top Bottom