Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
http://time.com/4475628/the-new-science-of-exercise/

"But the group of mice that exercised, genetically compromised though they were, were nearly indistinguishable from healthy mice. Their coats were sleek and black, they ran around their cages, they could even reproduce. "We almost completely prevented the premature aging in the animals," Tarnopolsky says."

" In studies where blood is drawn immediately after people exercised, researchers have found that many positive changes occur throughout the body during and right after a workout. "Going for a run is going to improve your skin health, your eye health, your gonadal health," he says. "It's unbelievable." If there were a drug that could do for human health everything that exercise can, it would likely be the most valuable pharmaceutical ever developed."

Most Americans live a sedentary lifestyle and sometimes that's not exactly by choice since businesses demand so much from their employees without factoring in that those employees are sitting all day! That's dangerous to the health!

Here's another good quote from the article:
"Scientists don't know exactly why exercise changes the structure and function of the brain for the better, but it's an area of active research. So far, they've found that exercise improves blood flow to the brain, feeding the growth of new blood vessels and even new brain cells, courtesy of the protein BDNF, short for brain-derived neurotrophic factor. BDNF triggers the growth of new neurons and helps repair and protect brain cells from degeneration. "I always tell people that exercise is regenerative medicine--restoring and repairing and basically fixing things that are broken," Bamman says."

I find that having a daily routine of exercise makes me miss it when I skip doing it! I am using a Fitbit now to track my steps and there are days I've discovered I easily get my 10,000 steps in and then there are days when it's noon and I barely have a thousand steps because I've been on CH too long. eek

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I went through a phase where i really enjoyed working out and now not so much. Apparently if it is like a drug my body has a tolerance for it now.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I went through a phase where i really enjoyed working out and now not so much. Apparently if it is like a drug my body has a tolerance for it now.

Have you tried interval training?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you tried interval training?

I guess you mean like a circuit? I try to do something different every time I go. Sometimes run/walk, sometimes stairmaster, sometimes elliptical and machines. When it warms up more I want to do more walking/running outside

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess you mean like a circuit? I try to do something different every time I go. Sometimes run/walk, sometimes stairmaster, sometimes elliptical and machines. When it warms up more I want to do more walking/running outside

In interval training you're changing up your speed of what you do. A good example is to start marching in place for 30 seconds. Then for the next interval of 30 seconds march faster. In the next interval of 30 seconds RUN in place. Then go back to marching slowly for another 30 seconds. These types of intervals actually show that our bodies burn more calories. And it makes it interesting too!

I sometimes do P90X videos and one of them has interval training and there are a variety of different types of exercises to use for different intervals. It's fun to see if I can make it until we drop to slow again :D

Top Bottom