Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What do you think should happen concerning the dentist who shot him?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Hard to know.

If, as the news articles I've read indicate, he shot the lion in good faith believing he had paid to take part in a bona fide hunt then nothing should be done. The person who took his money may face charges under local law.

If he knew the lion in question was protected or could reasonably be expected to have known, then he probably would face charges.

Of course the charges in question would be under Zimbabwean law, and unless an extradition treaty is in place it's hard to see it coming to anything regardless.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We do have extradition with them and I agree that if he knew he should be prosicuted, at the very least his guides were local and knew cecil as he was famous and a draw in the area.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ugh its just a lion! People are going freaking crazy! What about the unborn babies who are being killed EVERYDAY! :puppydogeyes: Just blows my mind what people think is important and what isn't. :cry:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree totally about abortion. This is also about law and the blatant disregard of it

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Ugh its just a lion! People are going freaking crazy! What about the unborn babies who are being killed EVERYDAY! :puppydogeyes: Just blows my mind what people think is important and what isn't. :cry:

In my opinion lions are just as important as people. Who has the right to judge who is better?!!!! All animals are important as are all people!!!~!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In my opinion lions are just as important as people. Who has the right to judge who is better?!!!! All animals are important as are all people!!!~!

God gave us dominion over nature, not the other way around.

We shouldn't abuse animals but to say they are equal to people does seem a little OTT.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, humans have dominion and while animals are very important I would not avoid a dog to hit a person or any other animal, human life should never be second to any animal

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
This sorry excuse for a human being gets his jollies sighting an animal through a scope and pulling a trigger. Real big man.

Hunting for food is one thing, but hunting for sport is deplorable. It is people like him that makes a small part of me wish that a race of beings that are to us as we are to the roaches, come here and hunt us for sport and otherwise treat us as we have treated the other creatures on this planet. And they could of course placate themselves by citing their holy scripture which says their creator gives them dominion over all the vastly inferior forms of life they may find in any corner of the universe.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I do not condone what this man did presumably as I am not convinced it was more his guides than him but yes, he should be held responsible without a doubt.

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Well, for one thing if it was ILLEGAL to kill the loin then that can be a felony. It is not just a loin. It is just a loin in the sense that it is a loin, HOWEVER, we are to care for this Earth and the animals on it and if the law of the land is you cannot kill certain animals for whatever reason then you follow that law. If you fail to do so then you should be sentenced to whatever the punishment is under the law.

Top Bottom