Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

This wiki has an extensive list of apocalyptic events that were predicted to happen but never did. Look at the list and see how it was almost every other year that someone predicted would be the end. The End Times have been taking place since Jesus ascended into heaven. If you see someone insisting He is coming soon, it could be true or it could be false but if someone insists he knows the date then he is a liar.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
May 25th? :cheer:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
After much Scriptural study I managed to work out the day of Christ's return. It will be on October 15. Give or take six months or so. I didn't work out which year yet.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

This wiki has an extensive list of apocalyptic events that were predicted to happen but never did. Look at the list and see how it was almost every other year that someone predicted would be the end. The End Times have been taking place since Jesus ascended into heaven. If you see someone insisting He is coming soon, it could be true or it could be false but if someone insists he knows the date then he is a liar.

Or deceived by a lying spirit -but on this issue of pretense we are agreed. Christ is clear no one knows.

I have to wonder at the "prophets" and those that follow them in their predictions why is it so important for them to know? Or why they would seek information that according to Christ, they can't even obtain?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Is this the Jehovah's Witness thread? Charles Taze Russell, Judge Rutherford and many of the JW leadership have claimed dates. All have been wrong.
The latest has been the woman who made blood moon claims of impending doom and Christ's return.
If you're a pre-trib endorser I guess one of these claims will ultimately be right.

Top Bottom