Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Tea Drinkers can be more snobbish than coffee drinkers when it comes to their leaves. Do you use tea that's already in a bag or do you buy loose leaves? Is there a brand you favor? Flavor?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
With 5 sugar

Thee-300x300.jpg

images.jpeg

9828.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Winter Glow sounds really good. Does it have cinnamon in it? Or cloves?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Tea Drinkers can be more snobbish than coffee drinkers when it comes to their leaves. Do you use tea that's already in a bag or do you buy loose leaves? Is there a brand you favor? Flavor?
I can't believe I'm about to lower myself to even post in this thread, but I will, for the little people...

cinnamon and orange

tenor.gif

Actually, that sounds smashing! I make a pretty decent orange bread that would pair nicely, if I do say so myself. :drool: :yumyum: Scrictly high-class, of course.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I'm a tea snob! I admit it. I really don't care for some bagged tea, but I do like the Twinings' Earl Grey. We have a local tea shop that does its own blends. They have one that they created specifically for a local tea house. It is still available, even though the tea house has closed down. I think of all teas, it's the one I like the most. I tend to like the teas that have the sweeter or citrus ingredients. The orange-cinnamon described above sounds divine!

We also have a "David's Tea" in town. I don't care so much for theirs, though there is one I didn't mind - I think it's discontinued. I have their single-serving spoon and some of their bags, though, so I make my own tea bags from the local guy. I prefer to support local rather than the big-box places anyway.

But... there is a new tea from Starbucks that I actually like. I would buy a box of it if I could, but I don't think they sell it in boxes. It's called Defense. It's naturally sweet, so it's like drinking a treat.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
^^ Earl Grey must be an acquired taste. Someone once described it to me as tasting like a stew of old man dirty socks. With this description in mind, I took a taste and had to agree, lol.

I sometimes have tea from the store if I want something less strong than coffee, and I'm not very fussy about the brand. I often make herbal teas with plants other than the tea leaf.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Dirty socks? lol. I love the bergamot notes in the earl grey. Some earl grey makers don't use enough of the bergamot, then I don't like it so much. As well, I only let it steep for 4-5 min, and do not use boiling water. Also, don't add anything, unless it's about 15 grains of sugar, just to take the edge off any bitterness. Adding to it will detract from the bergamot.

Here's a thing I like about tea. It is inexpensive, you can drink it all day long, and there is an endless variety. But coffee - only one or two cups a day is good for you, there is limited variety, and it costs a small fortune when you add flavor. With tea, you can get a sweet "dessert in a cup" for the same price as any other tea, but with coffee, you pay upward of $5 for your dessert in a cup.

There is a tea I want to try...not with tea leaves, but a combination of five whole spices, steeped for 6 minutes, that is supposed to aid in detox and weight loss. I bought the ingredients, used it for a few days, then put it in the cupboard when I had company. I think it's time to bring it out again. Most of those things are so disgusting I can't bear to swallow it, but this blend is sweetly spicy.

Top Bottom