Why are Christians so old-fashioned about sex?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I forgot about the 60s being the sexual revolution!

Isn't it rare to hear about people wanting to remain virgins nowadays? I mean it's expected that they have sex in college and that's so sad that society has put that kind of pressure on people.
I was pressured by my friends and I lost my virginity at 15, years later it turned out they were actually still virgins... I was also an atheist kinda, more like willingly rebellious against God because I listened to garbage Marylin manson "music" at that time and it was "cool" to hate God... the fade is still strong in American youth outcast circles, im just glad I saw the light before I turned into an atheist moronic beast. Now I abstain as its hard for me to look at woman the way I used to, I could be Pope one day who knows lol
Anyway sex is sacred and a beautiful gift from God but its definitely abused these days, I believe the oldest known profession is prostitution and I wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My grandparents slept in different rooms.... hardcore Catholics

Maybe they shored?

I vividly remember a tidbit of the "sex ed" from my parents.... that REALLY OLD couples (like 60!) have great sex ....sometimes the best sex of their lives..... they are old and saggy and not very sexy LOOKING anymore (they admitted), and sometimes the "parts" don't work that great... but they have GREAT sex. Surprised me daylights out of me: no pop music talks about that, no TV shows convey that, doens't make much biological sense. BECAUSE, they stressed.... great sex has a LOT less to do with those parts as with hearts... a lot less to do with physical stuff as with heart stuff.... a lot less to do with mechanics as with love, intimacy, connection.... OLD (even like 60!) people having sex..... wow..... and perhaps the best sex of their lives???!!!!! Stuck with me..... I've come to appreciate the truth in that, although it requires that we view sex as more than scratching an inch.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Josiah can't wait to get old now LOL

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
There are actually some older Catholics who believe that sex is only for procreating.
Yeah they were pretty strict on it, they also had some very scary demonic forces in that house "manifestations" which tells me that they made the devil pretty upset with there commitment to the Lord... down to my grandpas last breath, he was praying and my aunt saw something dark hovering over him but he prayed it away... sorry im getting off topic but I just wanted to share that, not trying to scare anyone

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yeah they were pretty strict on it, they also had some very scary demonic forces in that house "manifestations" which tells me that they made the devil pretty upset with there commitment to the Lord... down to my grandpas last breath, he was praying and my aunt saw something dark hovering over him but he prayed it away... sorry im getting off topic but I just wanted to share that, not trying to scare anyone

Prayer and scripture are the only ways to get those shadows to leave! I'm glad your aunt saw that it left!

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Maybe they shored?

I vividly remember a tidbit of the "sex ed" from my parents.... that REALLY OLD couples (like 60!) have great sex ....sometimes the best sex of their lives..... they are old and saggy and not very sexy LOOKING anymore (they admitted), and sometimes the "parts" don't work that great... but they have GREAT sex. Surprised me daylights out of me: no pop music talks about that, no TV shows convey that, doens't make much biological sense. BECAUSE, they stressed.... great sex has a LOT less to do with those parts as with hearts... a lot less to do with physical stuff as with heart stuff.... a lot less to do with mechanics as with love, intimacy, connection.... OLD (even like 60!) people having sex..... wow..... and perhaps the best sex of their lives???!!!!! Stuck with me..... I've come to appreciate the truth in that, although it requires that we view sex as more than scratching an inch.
Well I don't see any harm in that especially if they can no longer produce, I think old couples in general are cute

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

:pound: :pound: :pound:
Really funny!
God...
...spared us?
Thank you, Lord? ... I think?

Lol, btw, the follow up vid about 'Shoot christians say' ...LOLOLOL :pound: ... I was crackin up, and even the title ... ' 'SHOOT' christians say ' Lol.

Btw, I may have never told you, but you were the first! :love:

You were the first christian I ever knew to regularly use the word 'shoot' for ... ya know ... sh*t. (But not EVERY time, lol :hearts: )

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
:pound: :pound: :pound:
Really funny!
God...
...spared us?
Thank you, Lord? ... I think?

Lol, btw, the follow up vid about 'Shoot christians say' ...LOLOLOL :pound: ... I was crackin up, and even the title ... ' 'SHOOT' christians say ' Lol.

Btw, I may have never told you, but you were the first! :love:

You were the first christian I ever knew to regularly use the word 'shoot' for ... ya know ... sh*t. (But not EVERY time, lol :hearts: )

That is the Dutch decent way of saying it.

Top Bottom