Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
On Judge Judy a mom sued her son. At the end they're asked on camera for some comments and she stated that she would love for him to answer her texts and get together. I doubt they have a good relationship if she's suing her child. Judge Judy said she didn't think she could ever sue any of her children and I know I never could. I gladly give to my daughter and don't expect in return.

Could you sue one of your children (if you have none, would you if you ever did?)?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Having 2 forums with similar names already got me confused. Sorry that I posted this in the wrong forum but it's been fixed now!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
no, i would not.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Under special circumstances, I would consider it. For example, if all these conditions were true at the same time:

Child is or was ripping me off
What was or is being stolen was something I needed
Child has the ability to pay me back (even gradually) but wont
Child has been confronted personally on the matter and refuses to budge

If all those factors existed concurrently, then suing him or her would not only be for regaining stolen property, but also to shame them

A possible example:

Child takes the only car you have that you need to get to work and sells it for drug money, then later turns around his life and earns a fat income but refuses to compensate you.
In short, child would have to be a pretty rotten person and any kind of relationship with them absent or dead.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Under special circumstances, I would consider it. For example, if all these conditions were true at the same time:

Child is or was ripping me off
What was or is being stolen was something I needed
Child has the ability to pay me back (even gradually) but wont
Child has been confronted personally on the matter and refuses to budge

If all those factors existed concurrently, then suing him or her would not only be for regaining stolen property, but also to shame them

A possible example:

Child takes the only car you have that you need to get to work and sells it for drug money, then later turns around his life and earns a fat income but refuses to compensate you.
In short, child would have to be a pretty rotten person and any kind of relationship with them absent or dead.

Sounds like you would have raised a not so nice kid then ;)

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
I would give my last pound to my daughter since she has always been such a lovely daughter to have, never been really any trouble, and still lives at home with us looking after us both when ill etc .. So I would and have given her everything she ever wanted the best part of being an only child I guess, but she hasn't always got it right away and had to wait.. No I would'nt dream of suing her for anything..she wouldn't need to steal because she knows she can ask without feeling like a brat...lol

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

LOL. I don't have children or the experience of raising any, but I can't believe the whole onus would fall on the parent for child's bad choices in life!

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Right now, I say " no, I'd never sue my daughter." She's thirteen. She's always been a sweetheart, but her innocence might be exploited by people less scrupulous. I trust Kiersten, but if I don't know who she's hanging out with, I'm not going to trust them to do anything but use her. I might sue her associates, but not her.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Can happen.... after all, a PERFECT parent had two perfect children (a boy and a girl) and placed them into a perfect world. And BOTH of them turned out to rebel against Him. It certainly can happen with imperfect parents having imperfect children raised in an imperfect world. HOPEFULLY, parents do the best they can. But there's no guarantee. Children are not born with a life-time warranty against ever being jerks. I'm NOT releasing parents from their awesome responsibilities... I'm only indicating there's no guarentee we'll do perfectly or even better than God did with His kids, no guarentee our kids will do perfectly. I would HOPE parents would do a good enough job that it would never be necessary for they to be kicked out of the Garden or to be sued, but.....

Parenting is perhaps the biggest responsibility there is.... but it comes with no guarantees.

IF all your kids turn out to be perfect saints..... perhaps you should rejoice in the blessing rather than just pat self on back???

Just saying :wink:

- Josiah

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Of course I wouldn't. But in some cases it's good that parents do. I recently read in the News that a jerk of a daughter stole all her elderly mother's money, who depended on her to take care of her and her finances.
I had an ex. When he was 16 his mom called the police on him because he was hacking. They came with handcuffs and he had to go to jail for a day. Insane.
But with serious things... I saw a guy once on tv who was a cop and his son killed someone and told his dad and his dad turned him in. If he didn't he'd be bad.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
LOL. I don't have children or the experience of raising any, but I can't believe the whole onus would fall on the parent for child's bad choices in life!

I agree with that!

I've seen children pick up their parents' behaviors though and the parents being confused why the child acts that same way. If we lie to our children we can't expect them to be honest. If they catch us cheating on our taxes we can't expect them to not cheat us out of something. So even though things become the responsibility of the child for their actions, they do learn early on that if it's okay for the parents then it is okay for them (in their minds). Sometimes it's not even from the parents but the aunts, uncles, grandparents who are around. They trust family members to guide them in life and when they see someone they love doing something then it becomes all right for them to mimic that.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I agree with that!

I've seen children pick up their parents' behaviors though and the parents being confused why the child acts that same way. If we lie to our children we can't expect them to be honest. If they catch us cheating on our taxes we can't expect them to not cheat us out of something. So even though things become the responsibility of the child for their actions, they do learn early on that if it's okay for the parents then it is okay for them (in their minds). Sometimes it's not even from the parents but the aunts, uncles, grandparents who are around. They trust family members to guide them in life and when they see someone they love doing something then it becomes all right for them to mimic that.
Lol my dad once came here and the kids just threw their jackets and stuff on the floor and he said: hey what's that? You can't just throw it there! Pick that up!
Son: Mom does it too. :;-D: Then he pointed at my jacket on the floor. Lol you can blame me for their behavior, but not my dad for mine.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've seen kids bully other kids and their parents who were standing nearby and had moments before made an off comment about someone else wondering why the kid thought it was okay to tease others. At least, Rens, you know that your kids are picking up some of your habits but other parents are seemingly oblivious of what they do and how it rubs off onto their children.

If we want our kids to respect us and others then we have to be respectful not only to them but also the others around us in this world (love thy neighbor). Is suing a neighbor considered loving him?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I've seen kids bully other kids and their parents who were standing nearby and had moments before made an off comment about someone else wondering why the kid thought it was okay to tease others. At least, Rens, you know that your kids are picking up some of your habits but other parents are seemingly oblivious of what they do and how it rubs off onto their children.

If we want our kids to respect us and others then we have to be respectful not only to them but also the others around us in this world (love thy neighbor). Is suing a neighbor considered loving him?
Not really.

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?

If you can't solve it yourself, go to church to fix it.
That reminds me of a preacher. A teenage son beat up his mom and she went with him to that preacher if he could pray for her son, because the poor kid needed to be set free. He said: if you do that one other time to your mom, I'm gonna beat you up so bad you won't be able to tell anyone. He said: the kid was instantly delivered. LOL.

Top Bottom