Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I won't be using any links, sorry.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
If the jews 'thought' they had killed Jesus then who died? Im not looking it up in the quran its common sense..
WHO DIED ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
This includes any supposably "inspired" doctrines linked to the OT and NT.
I bought a copy of the book or mormon and the koran just in case I ever come across a member of these religions so I can (by their knowledge) point out all the flaws in hopes to better convert them.
It's inconceivable for me to comprehend how they can absolutely ignore Gods complete word (the Holy Bible) and conclude that they are descendents of Abraham... but whatever, Christians accept the OT as it's the only way to understand the NT but any false religion of course will not attach the Holy Bible to their unHoly doctrines.
The Koran is based on old Gnostic twists that sprung up in the times of the apostles which point me to Mohamed as possibly being the false prophet born to gnostic programming and worship.
The book of mormon is a complete parody of the bible, from the type of language and wording (like the OT mainly) with again the most insane story conjured up, do these people ever travel to third world countries and knock on their doors and give them trivia on Jesus in america? Stupid.
We all know this but I find it hard to read just a few pages at a time. Im certain that these are the only two, the Talmud has outrageous claims also and so does the nag hamadi (sp?), i dont think the JW has any official literature but can anyone suggest any others?
Perhaps I will never come across any personally but I do come across them online and I love a good debate especially if my knowledge of their false teachings can help win them over on a more personal approach. Thanks

When I lived in the US, I spent a fair few months pouring over some Mormon literature because I lived in an area that was predominantly Mormon. The literature included X-mormon writings, so one could say they were biased, but for the most part I just found them informative in comparing religious beliefs without a lot of opinion thrown in. I was part of a non-Mormon church at the time, so questioning was easy as it didn't threaten any relationships with friends/family etc.

Honestly, and this applies to any religion, especially that of the organized type - it is much easier to examine it as an outsider, when you have 0 ties to anyone in it. In this way you can examine it's claims without fear that whatever conclusions you reach that are not favorable to it do not threaten relationships because of them.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
When I lived in the US, I spent a fair few months pouring over some Mormon literature because I lived in an area that was predominantly Mormon. The literature included X-mormon writings, so one could say they were biased, but for the most part I just found them informative in comparing religious beliefs without a lot of opinion thrown in. I was part of a non-Mormon church at the time, so questioning was easy as it didn't threaten any relationships with friends/family etc.

Honestly, and this applies to any religion, especially that of the organized type - it is much easier to examine it as an outsider, when you have 0 ties to anyone in it. In this way you can examine it's claims without fear that whatever conclusions you reach that are not favorable to it do not threaten relationships because of them.
X-mormon writings? Like non mormon?
How was the US btw? lol should I dare ask? Wow a lot of questions huh? What country do you live in now?
[emoji3]

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
X-mormon writings? Like non mormon?
How was the US btw? lol should I dare ask? Wow a lot of questions huh? What country do you live in now?
[emoji3]

Former mormons. The names and publication escaped me before.

Among other literature, this one stands out in my mind as I remember it being fairly exhaustive on the subjects of which it deals: Mormonism, Shadow or Reality. Authors Jerald and Sandra Tanner.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

I appreciated the fact that a couple of guys who came to the door many years ago were not really "evangelizing" per se, but just wanted to have the conversation. So I let them in, we talked for a few hours, then they left their literature and the Book of Mormon with me. Then we arranged to meet again a week later. We spent a few more hours, and they were more than willing to answer questions - and objections - and were very matter-of-fact during the whole thing. I don't recall once that they tried to convince me of anything I wasn't going to be convinced of. They left with the invitation to come to a meeting (?), and a mutual appreciation for my considering what they had to say, and their willingness to answer doubts/questions.

I also had a co-worker at the time who was Mormon. I told him about the experience, and it was the same response from him - an appreciation that I'd heard them out and had a conversation, but no attempt to "evangelize".
Mormons may have (imo) wrong points of doctrine, but I appreciate their willingness to actually have a conversation if we're willing to extend the invitation.

Top Bottom