Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Post-NT" doctrine literature

This includes any supposably "inspired" doctrines linked to the OT and NT.
I bought a copy of the book or mormon and the koran just in case I ever come across a member of these religions so I can (by their knowledge) point out all the flaws in hopes to better convert them.
It's inconceivable for me to comprehend how they can absolutely ignore Gods complete word (the Holy Bible) and conclude that they are descendents of Abraham... but whatever, Christians accept the OT as it's the only way to understand the NT but any false religion of course will not attach the Holy Bible to their unHoly doctrines.
The Koran is based on old Gnostic twists that sprung up in the times of the apostles which point me to Mohamed as possibly being the false prophet born to gnostic programming and worship.
The book of mormon is a complete parody of the bible, from the type of language and wording (like the OT mainly) with again the most insane story conjured up, do these people ever travel to third world countries and knock on their doors and give them trivia on Jesus in america? Stupid.
We all know this but I find it hard to read just a few pages at a time. Im certain that these are the only two, the Talmud has outrageous claims also and so does the nag hamadi (sp?), i dont think the JW has any official literature but can anyone suggest any others?
Perhaps I will never come across any personally but I do come across them online and I love a good debate especially if my knowledge of their false teachings can help win them over on a more personal approach. Thanks

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I bought a copy of the book or mormon and the koran just in case I ever come across a member of these religions so I can (by their knowledge) point out all the flaws in hopes to better convert them.
It's inconceivable for me to comprehend how they can absolutely ignore Gods complete word (the Holy Bible) and conclude that they are descendents of Abraham... but whatever, Christians accept the OT as it's the only way to understand the NT but any false religion of course will not attach the Holy Bible to their unHoly doctrines.
The Koran is based on old Gnostic twists that sprung up in the times of the apostles which point me to Mohamed as possibly being the false prophet born to gnostic programming and worship.
The book of mormon is a complete parody of the bible, from the type of language and wording (like the OT mainly) with again the most insane story conjured up, do these people ever travel to third world countries and knock on their doors and give them trivia on Jesus in america? Stupid.
We all know this but I find it hard to read just a few pages at a time. Im certain that these are the only two, the Talmud has outrageous claims also and so does the nag hamadi (sp?), i dont think the JW has any official literature but can anyone suggest any others?
Perhaps I will never come across any personally but I do come across them online and I love a good debate especially if my knowledge of their false teachings can help win them over on a more personal approach. Thanks
Don't waste your time reading falsehood. Stay in the Bible alone

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
DHoffmann, you've told us recently you are still very unsure sometimes about your faith and salvation. I agree with jsimms that you should avoid non-Christian literature that will have a negative effect on faith...not cause you to grow and strengthen like the bible will. If you want to be able to talk to the non-Christians you need to be strong in biblical doctrine.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
My ex once got a lot of books from Branham from a woman. He knew he was off, but still found it interesting and was not planning on throwing em out of the house.
So I did it for him LOL.
LOL my dad had a kaballah book which he never read. He never noticed that my mom threw it in the garbage bin.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The Bible is and has been my main book, nothing can penetrate it and my beliefs. Its impossible to mix them up either and I do thank you both for the concern. I have always studied other religions have quite the collection but it does not impact my faith whatsoever.
Recently I was questioning bible versions and my particular church. My salvation was helped confirmed by members here and pastor. The studies are what I claim them to be and I take notes very seriously and my database may be large but for me its important to see how they think and why they do its not much different from hearing about it which I have heard a lot after 911 impacted my life. Reading false literature does not confuse me because it is false, but like I said it will be easier to expose their falsehoods to them when and if I shall be in debate with them. Les feldick got me interested in doing this and he has used it to convert many many false prophet followers to Soldiers of Christ. Well I try it out for a while but if it gets me too upset I might just end up burning them up in good riddance, but literature doesn't really impact me that way, only the Bible stirs up emotions in me which is why I can never put it down. Thanks again

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Bible is and has been my main book, nothing can penetrate it and my beliefs. Its impossible to mix them up either and I do thank you both for the concern. I have always studied other religions have quite the collection but it does not impact my faith whatsoever.
Recently I was questioning bible versions and my particular church. My salvation was helped confirmed by members here and pastor. The studies are what I claim them to be and I take notes very seriously and my database may be large but for me its important to see how they think and why they do its not much different from hearing about it which I have heard a lot after 911 impacted my life. Reading false literature does not confuse me because it is false, but like I said it will be easier to expose their falsehoods to them when and if I shall be in debate with them. Les feldick got me interested in doing this and he has used it to convert many many false prophet followers to Soldiers of Christ. Well I try it out for a while but if it gets me too upset I might just end up burning them up in good riddance, but literature doesn't really impact me that way, only the Bible stirs up emotions in me which is why I can never put it down. Thanks again

Remember that the greatest evidence and witness of the truth of the Gospel that you can provide is a changed life. Nobody can really argue with that.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I TRY to strike a balance.....

On the one hand, I'm NOT a relativist (I believe in TRUTH) - I just don't think it's easy to attain it. I live with that tension.

I'm a physicist and so work ENTIRELY within the very small box of physics - but I passionately believe the box of reality is MUCH bigger than that - and includes the Divine, God in fact, a intimately PERSONAL God who is loving and caring and involved in our lives. I live with that tension.

I'm a very cognative person, I lead with my brain....and I can be hyper analytical. On the other hand, I have a huge heart and I appreciate that part of me (although it's the source of all my problems, lol).... I can debate a fine point of science - and cry at a movie and be very romantic with my wife and cry when a pet dies. And I live with that tension.

I think and talk WAY too much. But I know that people think and certainly talk WAY too much. I live with that, too.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
but literature doesn't really impact me that way, only the Bible stirs up emotions in me which is why I can never put it down.

You've heard about a little bit of leaven that leavens the whole lump? ;) Scriptures give good warnings and none of us are assured that we're so high on faith that we can't falter.

There might be books you want to read written by Christians that help guide you to talking with these other groups. I don't know titles though but maybe others here do?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
You've heard about a little bit of leaven that leavens the whole lump? ;) Scriptures give good warnings and none of us are assured that we're so high on faith that we can't falter.

There might be books you want to read written by Christians that help guide you to talking with these other groups. I don't know titles though but maybe others here do?
That's not a bad idea, maybe they have good highlights and comparisons that I could use.
Their entire texts contradict the Word but these people are hard headed, I would like to push them into a corner with questions until they put their foot in their mouths.
I could talk them forever and they will just snake around the truth, I've seen some amazing videos of Christians rebuking Mormons and Muslims in a matter of minutes, yet sadly I have seen some videos of Muslims actually converting Christians over :(

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My ex once got a lot of books from Branham from a woman. He knew he was off, but still found it interesting and was not planning on throwing em out of the house.
So I did it for him LOL.
LOL my dad had a kaballah book which he never read. He never noticed that my mom threw it in the garbage bin.
I have a Branham book (expose of the 7 church ages) , I think we are talking about the same guy who claimed to be the prophet 'Elijah' for the last church age 'church' and that Jesus will return in 1977? Yeah he is a bit off but some of his stuff makes good sense while the others make a good freak show lol it goes into great detail on symbols in revelations and the seven ages and he goes on personally notes like why the Pentecostal movement is becoming heretical by requiring tongues when its not the same tongues lol Menno and Albian should read his book.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are you friend.

I'll bite.

Not that I confine myself to Islam exclusively; I do believe I have a rather decent grip on the doctrine that is of the Quran.

I read your short initial summary of your opinion after presumably reading it in entirely with as little preconceived bias as possible. I do not agree but on what point I will not disclose at this time.

I look forward to your response friend.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't waste your time reading falsehood. Stay in the Bible alone

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk
What a harsh conclusion.

It it arrived at due to fear of the unknown or because you think it speaks of a difference Christ if you don't mind?

peace

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DHoffmann, you've told us recently you are still very unsure sometimes about your faith and salvation. I agree with jsimms that you should avoid non-Christian literature that will have a negative effect on faith...not cause you to grow and strengthen like the bible will. If you want to be able to talk to the non-Christians you need to be strong in biblical doctrine.

Uhm.....what do you base your assertion on in reference to negative effect?

Do you condemn a whole people for the acts of the few?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How are you friend.

I'll bite.

Not that I confine myself to Islam exclusively; I do believe I have a rather decent grip on the doctrine that is of the Quran.

I read your short initial summary of your opinion after presumably reading it in entirely with as little preconceived bias as possible. I do not agree but on what point I will not disclose at this time.

I look forward to your response friend.

peace

I literally only a read a few pages so far, i skipped over to talking baby Jesus and I stopped reading it. I just know that talking baby Jesus is also in the gnostic gospels so thats how i connected the two.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What a harsh conclusion.

It it arrived at due to fear of the unknown or because you think it speaks of a difference Christ if you don't mind?

peace

Its a false Christ, the Jesus in the Koran is not Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible. Jesus did not speak the moment he came out of Mary, that is very creepy, Jesus died on the cross not some substitute, Jesus in the Son of God and not just a mere prophet inferior to Muhammad. The Jesus in the koran is an Anti-christ and Allah is a wicked devil and a god who lies a lot, oh and they believe that the Holy Bible has been corrupted so that justifies all the contradictions when comparing the two books. stuff that doesnt make sense to a muslim thats in the bible is written off as 'that book is flawed'

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its a false Christ, the Jesus in the Koran is not Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible. Jesus did not speak the moment he came out of Mary, that is very creepy, Jesus died on the cross not some substitute, Jesus in the Son of God and not just a mere prophet inferior to Muhammad. The Jesus in the koran is an Anti-christ and Allah is a wicked devil and a god who lies a lot, oh and they believe that the Holy Bible has been corrupted so that justifies all the contradictions when comparing the two books. stuff that doesnt make sense to a muslim thats in the bible is written off as 'that book is flawed'

Can you reference the surah you are speaking about that has Jesus the Christ of GOD literally speaking as an infant please.

Thank you

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single

From your depictions of the book it seems as if you are reading a rather poorly translated version on my opinion.

I will admit that it does openly speak against traditional trinitarianism and GOD the Son, die to the capacity it leaves one in; that is, conflating self with GOD almighty of course.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Can you reference the surah you are speaking about that has Jesus the Christ of GOD literally speaking as an infant please.

Thank you

Surah Maryam

22.*So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23.*And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24.*Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25.*"And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26.*"So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27.*Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing*Fariya*(an unheard mighty thing).

28.*"O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29.*Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30.*"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

31.*"And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me*Salat*(prayer), and*Zakat, as long as I live."

32.*"And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33.*"And*Salam*(peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34.*Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Surah Maryam

22.*So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23.*And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24.*Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25.*"And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26.*"So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27.*Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing*Fariya*(an unheard mighty thing).

28.*"O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29.*Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30.*"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

31.*"And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me*Salat*(prayer), and*Zakat, as long as I live."

32.*"And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33.*"And*Salam*(peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34.*Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

Thank you kindly.

Can I suggest a different one to read please?

And do keep in mind that anything in parenthesis is an addition( though it is said to be for understanding and clarity on any given matter, and is in many cases), it can be quite misleading.

peace friend, and I wish you the best in continuing to seek out the Truth.

19:24. Then a voice called her from the side of the slope by her (saying), ‘Do not grieve, your Lord has placed a rivulet on the side of the slope by you (and a chief of the nation has been born to you).

Plain reading no way shows or implies that the newly born Jesus was what was talking to her.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
19:29
So she pointed to him. They said, "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?"

19:30
Jesus said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

19:31
And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

19:32
And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

19:33
And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

I have the Truth my friend, it's the only Truth and it's the first and final Truth.

Top Bottom