• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Denomination & Faith Movement Discussions - Thread: Philippians 2:12 ?

meluckycharms is offline Apprentice Member
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      67.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      charisma news??
      Btw, for the false teachers that say that verses 6:4-6 say you can lose your salvation....
      They must also teach that you can never be forgiven again...twice lost, always lost...for according to their own twisted version of the passage, it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to be saved again.

Thank God that isnt true. Thank you, Jesus!
      That actually wasn't what I was stating. I brought up hebrews because the pastor used it to show that it is "impossible for someone who has been enlightened" to fall away. He then explained that those who apostasy were never truly saved to begin with. They were just giving lip service.

My question for you then is simply what comes of those who apostasy? Christians who no longer believe in God or Jesus? Perhaps I am wrong but it seems to me that there are only three options.

1. The apostate is still saved regardless of their denial (John 10:29-30).

2. They were never saved and were only pretending to believe (Matthew 13: 24-30).

3. At one time they were saved and lost their salvation. (James 5: 19-20, Revelation 22:19).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      67.22%
      Thank you for agreeing with me , you made my point.
      The devil likes to take a snippet here, pluck a text there, twist the meaning and use it like poison, causing ppl to fear and doubt their salvation.
      The counter is to show God's Word of Truth in context ... It is written. God loves us and wants us to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and know we are saved.

The devil tries to use God's own Word against God and against God's ppl, trying to snatch us out of God's hand and doubt our salvation, but God gave us His Word to have assurance of salvation.
      God bless you today.
      Honest question, with hundreds of denominations, who is right?

Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      67.22%
      The devil tries to use God's own Word against God and against God's ppl, trying to snatch us out of God's hand and doubt our salvation, but God gave us His Word to have assurance of salvation.
      God bless you today.
      Ok...i am confused. I was under the assumption that you supported the doctrine of "once saved always saved". Unless you are suggesting that the devil's attempts are in vain.

4. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      67.22%
      You added to your post after I quoted and replied to it.

(And what are approved ones? I dont even know what you're talking about, approved ones?) ... Anyway...

I do read your posts, why do you accuse me of not? Of course I do.
      I've been reading what youve said for a year, and it's mind-boggling how many times you've tried to tell me we can lose our salvation or get us to doubt it.
      Ive tried for a year to get you to have ASSURANCE of salvation, to stop believing you can lose it, to not listen to false teachers and false practices like the RCdenom and tv 'preachers and movements' .... So we can rejoice TOGETHER in our osas salvation in Jesus, so we can pray together, read His Word together, minister His Word of grace and salvation to others together.

Ive asked for these things with you alot.

You made a decision a few months back, you said you werent interested in me, you had 'other things' in mind. Okay I accepted that, and said I want you to be happy, with whoever or whatever, and that I wouldnt turn my back on you, and would always be your friend if you wanted one.

I dont want to fight with you, and never did.
      I kept trying to support you and be on your side, and hoped you'd be on mine.

But I wont compromise the gospel, going back to works-righteousness or religious oppression,..... and the bible says to contend for the faith and expose false teaching, and to try to help others that may be caught in it, and to speak the truth in love, and let brotherly (sisterly ) love continue.

That's all I've tried to do with you...I want us to get along and support and encourage each other and be on the same team.
      Can someone loose their salvation if they are no longer confident in their salvation. Ok... now I am just being facetious.

6. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      Imalive is online now Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      64.7%
      Quote Originally Posted by meluckycharms View Post
      That actually wasn't what I was stating. I brought up hebrews because the pastor used it to show that it is "impossible for someone who has been enlightened" to fall away. He then explained that those who apostasy were never truly saved to begin with. They were just giving lip service.

My question for you then is simply what comes of those who apostasy? Christians who no longer believe in God or Jesus? Perhaps I am wrong but it seems to me that there are only three options.

2. They were never saved and were only pretending to believe (Matthew 13: 24-30).

3. At one time they were saved and lost their salvation. (James 5: 19-20, Revelation 22:19).

I would say 3, but on the other hand Paul says the ones who left werent from us, otherwise they had stayed. Jesus says I never knew you, not: first I knew you and then not. That's not about ppl who believed as a kid and then started using their brain too much btw. You see those come back.
      Sower: some believe for a while, but they have no root.

8. Likes meluckycharms liked this post
      Pray meluckycharms prayed
      Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      62.69%

A response to the "Once Saved Always Saved" conjecture: http://christianityhaven.com/showthr...e-of-Calvinism

I don't think this thread is about the uber-Calvinist theory of OSAS, but my response would be:
      GOSPEL: God will never let go of our hand.
      LAW: Don't let go of God's hand.

But again, see the post here linked.

Back to the topic here....

- Josiah

10. Likes Tigger, DHoffmann liked this post
      DHoffmann is offline Prodigy Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      86.63%
      Can someone loose their salvation if they are no longer confident in their salvation. Ok... now I am just being facetious.

thats totally me tho. I've always felt unworthy, even now
      Its why I ask so many questions here, I have good days and bad days, but my good days have been shy lately... and I have had the flue and have been missing church and working overtime at work through it all.
      Can someone feel convicted to the point of insecurity? Im not perfect but I have awful feelings of despair and (yikes) impending doom of hell in the after life.... its one of those days

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

12. Likes meluckycharms liked this post
      Pray Tigger prayed
      Imalive is online now Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      64.7%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Its why I ask so many questions here, I have good days and bad days, but my good days have been shy lately... and I have had the flue and have been missing church and working overtime at work through it all.
      Can someone feel convicted to the point of insecurity? Im not perfect but I have awful feelings of despair and (yikes) impending doom of hell in the after life.... its one of those days

I once got a personal Word from God by a guy who gave words and prophecies. It was years ago. I was just saved. I had dreams that Jesus came over and chatted to everyone and totally ignored me. LOL the devil is so nasty. What a jerk it is. Anyways 1 John little children I write you this that you know your sins are forgiven.
      But I got a personal Word. He said: I am not susceptible for lies and accusations against My beloved.
      Get to know who you are in Christ.
      1 John 1:9 is a good one if the devil accuses. Neil Anderson wrote a book about being free. He had a list w Bible texts in it about who you are in Christ.
      Ah here, it's a pdf:
      https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&sourc...levq6UJGlqDwrI
      Last edited by Imalive; Today at 03:13 AM. Reason: Added additional content

14. Pray DHoffmann prayed
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (71,454 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.06%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post

Whenever you question salvation never look to YOU and see how you're doing. That's the wrong direction. You look to the Savior and the cross and see that He died for you and your sins are forgiven.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk