Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
OSAS is a lie as evidenced by many verses that have already been provided ibn the past

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
OSAS is a lie as evidenced by many verses that have already been provided ibn the past

The disciples except Judas were once saved always saved. The lie is that you can once pray the sinner's prayer, happily believe for a while, trials come and a person goes live in sin. Then they should not teach osas. Normally yes. In my church it was never taught as that noone can fall back. As long as you dont go on drugs and refuse to get help or live together in sin before marriage or stay in unforgiveness, the whole row of Paul, those dont inherit the Kingdom, you don't have to worry. If there's a sin problem, you get prayer and get set free. But preachers preach to everyone and if one decides to live in blatant sin they dont preach osas, they warn w hell I may hope, mine does and then one who feels condemned quick goes doubt their salvation, which is accusation and also dangerous. Just stay in the Vine and don't worry and overcome satan w the Blood and the Word of your testimony and not love your life unto death.
The hypergrace says you dont have to confess your sin or repent. That is the twisting. OSAS fine but not unconditional.

Last edited:

meluckycharms

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

I believe in osas because My God and Saviour Jesus is Sovereign and the Bible teaches it, who He saves He saves to the uttermost, He's not a flip-flopper, and the Bible is not a wishy-washy book by man, it's the Word of God.

My point was that if once saved always saved, all the devil's efforts are in vein. Your statement seems contradictory and self defeating. It implies that we can lose our salvation if we doubt once saved always saved. I am sure this is not what you meant. However, you may need to rephrase it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
My point was that if once saved always saved, all the devil's efforts are in vein. Your statement seems contradictory and self defeating. It implies that we can lose our salvation if we doubt once saved always saved. I am sure this is not what you meant. However, you may need to rephrase it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wow, lol, am I typing too fast or something?
Because Jesus saved us, then (if you're saved) there is therefore now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. NOTHING can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ... He said He would never leave us or forsake us, that He GIVES to us ETERNAL LIFE, and nothing can snatch us out of His hand.
If that's not Him saving us ONCE FOR ALL FOREVER, osas, what is it?!
So that's right, the devil's efforts to get us 'UNsaved' are in vain. So are religionists, works-righteousness oppressors, false teachers, atheists, Bible-rejectors, deniers, and scriptorturers, and various other 'academia' types who basically work for or with the enemy, sometimes unwittingly, but many times deliberately.
You keep re-quoting my post, but are you not reading it, or perhaps not understanding it?
It clearly says God gave us His Word to have assurance of salvation.

And again, the OP is not about earning, keeping or 'losing' salvation.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Wow, lol, am I typing too fast or something?
Because Jesus saved us, then (if you're saved) there is therefore now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. NOTHING can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ... He said He would never leave us or forsake us, that He GIVES to us ETERNAL LIFE, and nothing can snatch us out of His hand.
If that's not Him saving us ONCE FOR ALL FOREVER, osas, what is it?!
So that's right, the devil's efforts to get us 'UNsaved' are in vain. So are religionists, works-righteousness oppressors, false teachers, atheists, Bible-rejectors, deniers, and scriptorturers, and various other 'academia' types who basically work for or with the enemy, sometimes unwittingly, but many times deliberately.
You keep re-quoting my post, but are you not reading it, or perhaps not understanding it?
It clearly says God gave us His Word to have assurance of salvation.

And again, the OP is not about earning, keeping or 'losing' salvation.
I think I understand, the temptation we must be aware of now that we are saved is the belief that we aren't, its really all the devil has left to attack us with.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I think I understand, the temptation we must be aware of now that we are saved is the belief that we aren't, its really all the devil has left to attack us with.

Well, PRAISE THE LORD!
Okay, now, before I get slammed and condemned again (wait, WHO is the false accuser of the brethren and condemner? The devil, and he's a liar)
Anyway, so I dont get accused of telling ppl to go live in sin like the devil, and rape baby hedgehogs or something ...
Yes, on the one hand, once we're saved, the devil cant take our salvation from us, and it's important to remember that JESUS WON the victory over sin, the devil and death, and we are secure IN HIM.

SO, now all the enemy can do WITH REGARDS TO SALVATION is try to cause fear and doubt ...
But it's kind of like a big bee buzzing around... It gets near your head, it buzzes in your ear, it sounds huge, youre afraid its gonna sting you, and perhaps you're allergic, or it has a nasty venom and you think its gonna kill you.

You might start to panic or start swatting violently at it .... But what you dont realize is the bee already stung somebody else .... Your Dad.

He caught it in His hand and it stung him, and then He let it go. Now, the stinger is in your Dads hand, and all the bee can do is buzz around, he cant sting you anymore.

Now, the stinger is in Jesus' hand, and all the devil can do is buzz.
But... Buzz he will.
And sin and satan can wreak all kinds of havoc in our lives, so dont ever take lightly the power and craftiness of the enemy, or the consequences of sin.
The devil roams about like a roaring lion seeking to devour, and thats why we need to remember the armor we've been given.

And what protects our head? Our mind? Our thinking? Our believing?
A helmet ... Of SALVATION!
When that enemy comes to try to get us thinking doubts and fears, we need to have that helmet on to protect our thinking, and remember God's Truth, His Word to us, His Promise, that Jesus SAVED us ... We are His and He is ours, and that's forever settled in heaven, Hallelujah!

So when a devil or false teacher or religion comes along saying 'Oh yeah? Are you REALLY saved? Hath God REALLY SAID?'
We can say 'YES!...Yes He has!...It is written...Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved!

So again, re: salvation, you are right, in the sense of getting us to DOUBT, that's the devils trick now, but I wouldnt say NOT BELIEVE, because that is what ppl who are NOT saved do.

It's really a contradiction to say that a person who does NOT believe on the Lord Jesus Christ IS saved, just like it's a contradiction to say that a person who DOES believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is NOT saved.

And we dont pop in and out of salvation like a Whack-a-Mole.
But we still have to be on guard against the enemy, not only against sin, but against false doctrine and practice, and not only for ourselves, but for our brothers and sisters, and those still getting saved as well.

But Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords, and our Victorious God and Saviour!
We can't lose our salvation unless He can lose His Crown of Victory, and that ain't happenin'!

That should give everyone here that is saved reason enough to rejoice together as brothers and sisters and friends, and that's another reason why osas is true and important to believe. To encourage one another in THE FAITH, and help each other fight off the enemy.
God bless you.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Well, PRAISE THE LORD!
Okay, now, before I get slammed and condemned again (wait, WHO is the false accuser of the brethren and condemner? The devil, and he's a liar)
Anyway, so I dont get accused of telling ppl to go live in sin like the devil, and rape baby hedgehogs or something ...
Yes, on the one hand, once we're saved, the devil cant take our salvation from us, and it's important to remember that JESUS WON the victory over sin, the devil and death, and we are secure IN HIM.

SO, now all the enemy can do WITH REGARDS TO SALVATION is try to cause fear and doubt ...
But it's kind of like a big bee buzzing around... It gets near your head, it buzzes in your ear, it sounds huge, youre afraid its gonna sting you, and perhaps you're allergic, or it has a nasty venom and you think its gonna kill you.

You might start to panic or start swatting violently at it .... But what you dont realize is the bee already stung somebody else .... Your Dad.

He caught it in His hand and it stung him, and then He let it go. Now, the stinger is in your Dads hand, and all the bee can do is buzz around, he cant sting you anymore.

Now, the stinger is in Jesus' hand, and all the devil can do is buzz.
But... Buzz he will.
And sin and satan can wreak all kinds of havoc in our lives, so dont ever take lightly the power and craftiness of the enemy, or the consequences of sin.
The devil roams about like a roaring lion seeking to devour, and thats why we need to remember the armor we've been given.

And what protects our head? Our mind? Our thinking? Our believing?
A helmet ... Of SALVATION!
When that enemy comes to try to get us thinking doubts and fears, we need to have that helmet on to protect our thinking, and remember God's Truth, His Word to us, His Promise, that Jesus SAVED us ... We are His and He is ours, and that's forever settled in heaven, Hallelujah!

So when a devil or false teacher or religion comes along saying 'Oh yeah? Are you REALLY saved? Hath God REALLY SAID?'
We can say 'YES!...Yes He has!...It is written...Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved!

So again, re: salvation, you are right, in the sense of getting us to DOUBT, that's the devils trick now, but I wouldnt say NOT BELIEVE, because that is what ppl who are NOT saved do.

It's really a contradiction to say that a person who does NOT believe on the Lord Jesus Christ IS saved, just like it's a contradiction to say that a person who DOES believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is NOT saved.

And we dont pop in and out of salvation like a Whack-a-Mole.
But we still have to be on guard against the enemy, not only against sin, but against false doctrine and practice, and not only for ourselves, but for our brothers and sisters, and those still getting saved as well.

But Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords, and our Victorious God and Saviour!
We can't lose our salvation unless He can lose His Crown of Victory, and that ain't happenin'!

That should give everyone here that is saved reason enough to rejoice together as brothers and sisters and friends, and that's another reason why osas is true and important to believe. To encourage one another in THE FAITH, and help each other fight off the enemy.
God bless you.
Amen brother. Good preaching! Thanks and do you come up with this stuff on the top of your head? The bee stinger and all? Maybe you heard from somewhere but it sounds like you have a calling, good stuff here at CH.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Amen brother. Good preaching! Thanks and do you come up with this stuff on the top of your head? The bee stinger and all? Maybe you heard from somewhere but it sounds like you have a calling, good stuff here at CH.

My apologies, most sincerely, forgive me for not giving credit where it's due.
Ive heard that story about the bee, in various versions. I think the first time I either read it or heard it, I'm not sure, was a long while back.

I'm really bad with names, and sometimes I dont like to say publicly where I heard something, in case I'm wrong, or, bc of the way so many others can pick up on it and cast 'guilt-by-association' around ...

Also because without it being a direct quote, verbatim, I dont want to give credit to someone if I didnt tell it right.
But, to answer your other Q ... No, I dont have an original thought in my head, lol.
I'm sure if I say or think anything, a better man than me, (or woman), has said or thunk it before.
(Probly a woman, lol)
I reiterate, indubidably!
(Lol, even THAT's a line from the 3Stooges! :D )

Anyway, I think it was a guy named Frank Perretti when I first heard or read it. I dont know or remember anything else about his beliefs, tbh, but I've gleaned alot of good things from diff sources, and I wish I could remember them. :(

Again, my apologies to Frank... idk if he created it or adapted it from another, and I dont know anything else about his beliefs.

I guess I remember the thing about the bee , mainly bc I remember the part about 'Look what Jesus has in His hand', .... and right away I think of the nail print, there because of my sin.

But really look what's in Jesus' hand, it's...satans sting...and now all he can do is buzz...make alot of noise and scare us sometimes .... But Jesus has the stinger and the victory.

I guess it's really just a more elaborate telling of 1Corinthians15:51-58 ....
In fact, for the gospel of salvation, read and believe 1Cor15:1-4 , and for osas security, read the rest of the chapter through. (KJV, please, :disgonbegood: ) ... And God bless you.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My apologies, most sincerely, forgive me for not giving credit where it's due.
Ive heard that story about the bee, in various versions. I think the first time I either read it or heard it, I'm not sure, was a long while back.

I'm really bad with names, and sometimes I dont like to say publicly where I heard something, in case I'm wrong, or, bc of the way so many others can pick up on it and cast 'guilt-by-association' around ...

Also because without it being a direct quote, verbatim, I dont want to give credit to someone if I didnt tell it right.
But, to answer your other Q ... No, I dont have an original thought in my head, lol.
I'm sure if I say or think anything, a better man than me, (or woman), has said or thunk it before.
(Probly a woman, lol)
I reiterate, indubidably!
(Lol, even THAT's a line from the 3Stooges! :D )

Anyway, I think it was a guy named Frank Perretti when I first heard or read it. I dont know or remember anything else about his beliefs, tbh, but I've gleaned alot of good things from diff sources, and I wish I could remember them. :(

Again, my apologies to Frank... idk if he created it or adapted it from another, and I dont know anything else about his beliefs.

I guess I remember the thing about the bee , mainly bc I remember the part about 'Look what Jesus has in His hand', .... and right away I think of the nail print, there because of my sin.

But really look what's in Jesus' hand, it's...satans sting...and now all he can do is buzz...make alot of noise and scare us sometimes .... But Jesus has the stinger and the victory.

I guess it's really just a more elaborate telling of 1Corinthians15:51-58 ....
In fact, for the gospel of salvation, read and believe 1Cor15:1-4 , and for osas security, read the rest of the chapter through. (KJV, please, :disgonbegood: ) ... And God bless you.
Well I thank you for sharing it :)
I honestly feel in my heart that its either me thinking about only me and not on Jesus, or its the wiles of the devil trying to shut down all of what God has done, either way its still evil and thus os the devil. Anything negative thought can only come from the evil one and its good to pray it away in Jesus name

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Well I thank you for sharing it :)
I honestly feel in my heart that its either me thinking about only me and not on Jesus, or its the wiles of the devil trying to shut down all of what God has done, either way its still evil and thus os the devil. Anything negative thought can only come from the evil one and its good to pray it away in Jesus name

Honestly...not really sure what youre referring to. Can you elaborate or be more specific?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Honestly...not really sure what youre referring to. Can you elaborate or be more specific?
Im just stating that my doubts stem from me wondering to much about me and my works other than Jesus and his works, and that the devil has me question my faith by telling me 'im not worthy' but knowing its from the evil one, I can pray it away and suit up in the armor of God. To be as wise as serpents so they cant attack your faith with the word on our side, as our sword.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Im just stating that my doubts stem from me wondering to much about me and my works other than Jesus and his works, and that the devil has me question my faith by telling me 'im not worthy' but knowing its from the evil one, I can pray it away and suit up in the armor of God. To be as wise as serpents so they cant attack your faith with the word on our side, as our sword.

You're NOT worthy! There, that's settled.
Jesus didnt come to save 'the worthy'.
He came to save no good wretches.
If we were worthy, we could pay our own way...(yah, good luck wit dat, lol)

No, the good news is that even though we're unworthy crumbs, He loved us and saved us anyhow.
We love Him bc He first loved us. All we can do is thank Him and rejoice for such amazing grace and His awesome gift.
He wants you to REST in Him.
His work is finished, and our righteousnesses (plural) are like filthy rags.
It's a clothing reference, how are we dressed? Our own filthy rags?
Or His Robes of Righteousness?
His...because that's the only way to enter His Kingdom.
The perfect righteousness of Christ.

Not by any effort or works of our own, but by HIS grace, HIS mercy, HIS great love .... We HAVE (present possession) peace with God.

Perhaps what youre trying to do is 'put on the armor' to go fight battles 'out there' , but what He wants first is for us to put on armor to fight battles, and have victory, 'In HERE', if you know what I mean. Inside us.

And each piece of that armor is a gift from Him, and it has HIS name, and your name, on it.
Get the victory over doubt with the shield of FAITH, .... BELIEVE in HIM and His Word of promise.

We walk BY FAITH, not by sight, and we KNOW we have the victory, bc it's secured in Him. HE has it, and we're in Him, so it's secure.

Helmet? ... Head.
(Lol, helmet head) I mean your thoughts.
YOUR thoughts. YOU have been GIVEN salvation. Think on that.

YOU...Rotten undeserving sinner that you are (hey, no offense, me too, lol) have been GIVEN salvation. The Lord Jesus Himself purchased it with His own blood and gave it to you, and now it's yours, and NO man or beast or lying devil can take it from you, bc it's a GIFT from God Himself to you.

Jesus said HE is the TRUTH. Your salvation is the Truth, therefore, stand girded about, and have it deep within your 'loins'.
The Truth of that salvation.
The Helmet of Salvation.
By the Shield of FAITH, we KNOW IT.

Your Breastplate? Impenetrable...because it's HIS Righteousness youre clothed in, not your own. It's your defense. HE's our defense. HE's our Righteousness!

I'm sorry, I guess I'm preachin again, lol, but I might as well, eh?

Our walk? We have Shoes that say we have Peace with God. PEACE! WITH! GOD! How amazing is that. There is no more condemnation, we have peace with the Creator of the universe, because JESUS made the peace for us.
He's our mediator.
And continues to be.
Our great High Priest, making intercession for us!

We were once enemies with God and had no way to redeem ourselves, But Jesus made the peace, once for all forever, He paid the debt, there's no more sacrifice needed or possible (except the sacrifice of praise) and now no matter where we go, we have peace WITH God.

That opens the way to secure for us the peace OF God. Our worries are over, eternal life and a place in His Kingdom is secure in Jesus, and we can walk in peace, and where we go, we take His Word (Jesus/Bible) with us.

The Sword of the Spirit. The Spirit of God, the Word of God.
He wants us to let His Word dwell in us richly, and as it does and we get it engrained in our souls, then we can share it for those who need it, and wield it against the enemy and false teaching that would try to get us to doubt our salvation.

It's double-edged .... It's the Word of Truth, like Jesus said in His great prayer ... Sanctify them (set them apart, grow them, strengthen them) through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth. We use it to strengthen ourselves, and we use it to cut down the enemies lies.
We share the Word with each other, and others to be saved.

But we want to have it secure in us first, and let the joy of the Lord and His great gift of salvation be our strength. Get into the Word of God and get the Word of God into us, and pray always.

'To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved...'
Ephesians 1.
And 2.
And 3 ... Oh, the whole thing, lol! KJV :) God bless you, sorry, got to cut it short.
I think next time I really should put more thought into it, and scripture, and try to be more concise, etc., but I hope you got a little something out of it. Jesus loves you. Its a done deal. He's got you. He wants you to rest and trust in Him. Thank you, Jesus!

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

How can you see the cross if you're doing naval gazing? :D

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
How can you see the cross if you're doing naval gazing? :D
Hmmm.....Gonna hafta contemplate on that one for a while......OhhOMmm.....

:thinkerg: ..... I KNOW!

You could get a piercing and stick one there!! :disgonbegood:

No? :Nooo:

Hmmm.....(more naval)

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Gotta love Pastor Fisk!