• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Denomination & Faith Movement Discussions - Thread: Philippians 2:12 ?

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      Honestly...not really sure what youre referring to. Can you elaborate or be more specific?
      Im just stating that my doubts stem from me wondering to much about me and my works other than Jesus and his works, and that the devil has me question my faith by telling me 'im not worthy' but knowing its from the evil one, I can pray it away and suit up in the armor of God. To be as wise as serpents so they cant attack your faith with the word on our side, as our sword.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Im just stating that my doubts stem from me wondering to much about me and my works other than Jesus and his works, and that the devil has me question my faith by telling me 'im not worthy' but knowing its from the evil one, I can pray it away and suit up in the armor of God. To be as wise as serpents so they cant attack your faith with the word on our side, as our sword.

You're NOT worthy! There, that's settled.
      Jesus didnt come to save 'the worthy'.
      He came to save no good wretches.
      If we were worthy, we could pay our own way...(yah, good luck wit dat, lol)

No, the good news is that even though we're unworthy crumbs, He loved us and saved us anyhow.
      We love Him bc He first loved us. All we can do is thank Him and rejoice for such amazing grace and His awesome gift.
      He wants you to REST in Him.
      His work is finished, and our righteousnesses (plural) are like filthy rags.
      It's a clothing reference, how are we dressed? Our own filthy rags?
      Or His Robes of Righteousness?
      His...because that's the only way to enter His Kingdom.
      The perfect righteousness of Christ.

Not by any effort or works of our own, but by HIS grace, HIS mercy, HIS great love .... We HAVE (present possession) peace with God.

Perhaps what youre trying to do is 'put on the armor' to go fight battles 'out there' , but what He wants first is for us to put on armor to fight battles, and have victory, 'In HERE', if you know what I mean. Inside us.

And each piece of that armor is a gift from Him, and it has HIS name, and your name, on it.
      Get the victory over doubt with the shield of FAITH, .... BELIEVE in HIM and His Word of promise.

We walk BY FAITH, not by sight, and we KNOW we have the victory, bc it's secured in Him. HE has it, and we're in Him, so it's secure.

Helmet? ... Head.
      (Lol, helmet head) I mean your thoughts.
      YOUR thoughts. YOU have been GIVEN salvation. Think on that.

YOU...Rotten undeserving sinner that you are (hey, no offense, me too, lol) have been GIVEN salvation. The Lord Jesus Himself purchased it with His own blood and gave it to you, and now it's yours, and NO man or beast or lying devil can take it from you, bc it's a GIFT from God Himself to you.

Jesus said HE is the TRUTH. Your salvation is the Truth, therefore, stand girded about, and have it deep within your 'loins'.
      The Truth of that salvation.
      The Helmet of Salvation.
      By the Shield of FAITH, we KNOW IT.

Your Breastplate? Impenetrable...because it's HIS Righteousness youre clothed in, not your own. It's your defense. HE's our defense. HE's our Righteousness!

I'm sorry, I guess I'm preachin again, lol, but I might as well, eh?

Our walk? We have Shoes that say we have Peace with God. PEACE! WITH! GOD! How amazing is that. There is no more condemnation, we have peace with the Creator of the universe, because JESUS made the peace for us.
      He's our mediator.
      And continues to be.
      Our great High Priest, making intercession for us!

We were once enemies with God and had no way to redeem ourselves, But Jesus made the peace, once for all forever, He paid the debt, there's no more sacrifice needed or possible (except the sacrifice of praise) and now no matter where we go, we have peace WITH God.

That opens the way to secure for us the peace OF God. Our worries are over, eternal life and a place in His Kingdom is secure in Jesus, and we can walk in peace, and where we go, we take His Word (Jesus/Bible) with us.

The Sword of the Spirit. The Spirit of God, the Word of God.
      He wants us to let His Word dwell in us richly, and as it does and we get it engrained in our souls, then we can share it for those who need it, and wield it against the enemy and false teaching that would try to get us to doubt our salvation.

It's double-edged .... It's the Word of Truth, like Jesus said in His great prayer ... Sanctify them (set them apart, grow them, strengthen them) through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth. We use it to strengthen ourselves, and we use it to cut down the enemies lies.
      We share the Word with each other, and others to be saved.

But we want to have it secure in us first, and let the joy of the Lord and His great gift of salvation be our strength. Get into the Word of God and get the Word of God into us, and pray always.

'To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved...'
      Ephesians 1.
      And 2.
      And 3 ... Oh, the whole thing, lol! KJV God bless you, sorry, got to cut it short.
      I think next time I really should put more thought into it, and scripture, and try to be more concise, etc., but I hope you got a little something out of it. Jesus loves you. Its a done deal. He's got you. He wants you to rest and trust in Him. Thank you, Jesus!
      Last edited by Snerfle; 01-17-2018 at 12:01 AM.
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

4. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      Pray DHoffmann prayed
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (96,863 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      15.69%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post

How can you see the cross if you're doing naval gazing?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

6. Likes Josiah liked this post
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      How can you see the cross if you're doing naval gazing?
      Hmmm.....Gonna hafta contemplate on that one for a while......OhhOMmm.....

..... I KNOW!

You could get a piercing and stick one there!!

No?

Hmmm.....(more naval)
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

Tigger is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)