Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Now rumors are going around that Oprah might run for President.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...our-future-president-after-golden-globes.html

Because our country hasn't suffered enough yet

amazing.... just amazing.....

Perhaps the libs have learned from Trump that the prez need only be a rich, loud mouth celeb and they need to come up with their own Trump (but of course a female African-American)?

Perhaps the libs are realizing their desperation and how no Senator, no Governor could possibily win... I mean, if even Saint Hilary was beat by you-know-who!!!!!

2020..... Donald vs. Oprah.... Lord, have mercy; Christ, have mercy; Lord, have mercy.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
They just handed Trump his second term if they're serious about that stuff.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
It was one thing when a substitute teacher with degrees in literature and education becomes a Prime Minister. I may not like how he spends our money, but at least he has a degree and knows how to read.

It was another thing when a prominent narcissistic businessman became President. At least we could see if he will run the country as a successful business.

But when talk show hosts become President? Well, on the plus side, she might create some great programs for a token few who could use a new car or another small gift like a discount on Weight Watchers.

What is the world coming to??? :shakes-head-in-shame:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
It was one thing when a substitute teacher with degrees in literature and education becomes a Prime Minister. I may not like how he spends our money, but at least he has a degree and knows how to read.

It was another thing when a prominent narcissistic businessman became President. At least we could see if he will run the country as a successful business.

But when talk show hosts become President? Well, on the plus side, she might create some great programs for a token few who could use a new car or another small gift like a discount on Weight Watchers.

What is the world coming to??? :shakes-head-in-shame:

Don't forget, she's an anti-Christ/anti-TrueChristianity NewAger, and leftist with alot of airheaded blind followers, along with ppl with alot of power and money, including the Hollywood/Entertainment/Political elitists with an unGodly globalist agenda that would like to see both America and Israel destroyed.

But she still needs to be saved.
And can be.

Jesus can save anybody,
even a wretch like me.
Bless the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
IMO, she won't make the run, and if she were to do so, the party leaders wouldn't put all their chips on someone who, although popular, has no political experience but does have a number of skeletons in her closet--enabling Harvey Weinstein in his sexual aggressions, for example.

In addition, I doubt very much that Oprah would want to be the candidate, because she wouldn't want to have her reputation as America's TV sweetheart and amateur advisor on every subject imaginable be ruined by the rough and tumble that are part of any important political campaign. She also is unlikely to be willing to do the work, for at least a year, that such a campaign would require.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's hard to know whether Oprah running would guarantee Donald another term, or whether she would represent a populist candidate the Democrats would rally behind. Much as I shudder to think of Donald vs Oprah in 2020 (Bush vs Gore in 2000 and Donald vs Hillary in 2016 were bad enough), at least it's a variation on trying to get Chelsea Clinton or Michelle Obama to run.

Personally I'd really like to see some limitation on family members of prior presidents running. Perhaps not an outright ban but I remember saying (maybe here, maybe elsewhere) during the shakeout of candidates that I'd really like to see Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton disqualified simply because in a list of presidents that reads Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Obama-Obama maybe we need a different name before tagging another Bush or Clinton onto the list.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
IMO, she won't make the run, and if she were to do so, the party leaders wouldn't put all their chips on someone who, although popular, has no political experience but does have a number of skeletons in her closet--enabling Harvey Weinstein in his sexual aggressions, for example.

In addition, I doubt very much that Oprah would want to be the candidate, because she wouldn't want to have her reputation as America's TV sweetheart and amateur advisor on every subject imaginable be ruined by the rough and tumble that are part of any important political campaign. She also is unlikely to be willing to do the work, for at least a year, that such a campaign would require.

Still, you dont want to underestimate the leftist, anti-Christ agenda, and who and what's behind it.

Plus the fact that whenever these 'hypotheticals' get thrown out there on the 'news' for the public to discuss/debate, it's often part of a larger awareness campaign and conditioning agenda.
They ALWAYS throw slop against the wall, then wait and see what sticks.

Just watch, and dont forget, that much of the motive from the left is steeped in 'race' and 'gender' (as they define them), as well as the 'We're All One' mentality. (With certain exceptions, of course, .... Need we spell it out here?)

This will buzz for awhile, then die down, then come back in a new way.
There's note-taking going on behind the scenes, no doubt, by all sorts, from big power-brokers to little gossips on computers, and all sinister kinds in between.

Wherever things are being discussed, no matter how signifigant, or even unimportant they may seem, there's gonna be religious or political 'guests' lurking with an agenda of some sort.
Perhaps Oprah's just the latest pawn they're dangling out there right now.

Also, dont forget, that alot of them have the mentality that NO press is bad press...As long as their name or organization is in the publics eyes and ears.....

Meanwhile, let's continue to lift the Name of Jesus...
The only name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved! :cheer:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Still, you dont want to underestimate the leftist, anti-Christ agenda, and who and what's behind it.
I don't think I am. They can easily come up with another candidate who 'qualifies' on those grounds but is more promising than Oprah overall.

Just watch, and dont forget, that much of the motive from the left is steeped in 'race' and 'gender' (as they define them), as well as the 'We're All One' mentality. (With certain exceptions, of course, .... Need we spell it out here?)
Again, they have quite a stable of potential candidates who can represent those views.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oprah is popular and I guess some people think that will win votes against Trump. Except...she's not an ideal candidate. On Facebook my liberal friends are saying she's not just a Hollywood celebrity but a successful businesswoman and they almost compare her to Trump in that aspect. Except they hate Trump because he's not a politician so I don't get that.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
She does at least seem to have a heart for those who are not rich

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oprah is popular and I guess some people think that will win votes against Trump. Except...she's not an ideal candidate. On Facebook my liberal friends are saying she's not just a Hollywood celebrity but a successful businesswoman and they almost compare her to Trump in that aspect. Except they hate Trump because he's not a politician so I don't get that.

It's the same kind of reasoning that says the only reason not to vote for Hillary Clinton is sexism yet when the same people didn't want to vote for Sarah Palin they weren't sexist.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Many seem to have a heart for those who are not rich. Many of the more left-leaning policies appear to be generous to those who are not rich but usually have some kind of nasty sting in the tail, much like the (un)affordable care act makes it very hard for less well-off people whose employer doesn't provide insurance to get ahead.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Many seem to have a heart for those who are not rich. Many of the more left-leaning policies appear to be generous to those who are not rich but usually have some kind of nasty sting in the tail, much like the (un)affordable care act makes it very hard for less well-off people whose employer doesn't provide insurance to get ahead.
Spoken like a true Republican. Fact is that many who did not have insurance now do and by the way we are the only industrial nation that doesnt have some form of universal health care.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Spoken like a true Republican. Fact is that many who did not have insurance now do and by the way we are the only industrial nation that doesnt have some form of universal health care. 11 million people might disagree with you, the number that the CBO estimates would lose coverage if it is done away with

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Spoken like a true Republican. Fact is that many who did not have insurance now do and by the way we are the only industrial nation that doesnt have some form of universal health care. 11 million people might disagree with you, the number that the CBO estimates would lose coverage if it is done away with

Some of those countries you admire in theory will euthanize you if you're too old to be worth the operation; and even if you are not, you can expect to wait six months for the operation, even if you need it as soon as possible..

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

What part of a 70% premium increase is considered "affordable"? What part of an effective 80% tax rate on those earning less than $30,000 is considered "affordable"?

Nice job assuming my political affiliation as a first move, and nice job on creating a strawman of my argument. Perhaps you could try addressing real numbers, like the ones I quoted. They are actual numbers from the actual healthcare.gov website.

Sometimes the so-called universal health care isn't as good as it seems from afar. It's nice to know that if you need major treatment you won't get a horrendous bill at the end of it. But it's also nice to know that if you need care you'll get it before you die of the condition, which isn't always the case under universal health care systems. An elderly couple I knew in the UK had to basically empty their savings account when he needed major heart surgery. He could get it free of charge on the NHS but the estimated waiting time was six months. Without the treatment it was far from certain he'd live six months, so they paid for him to have it done privately. The supposedly universal healthcare system failed them when they needed it the most, and it cost them tens of thousands.

Yes, the US healthcare system is badly broken. The (un)affordable care act merely fiddled at the edges in some areas and made it far worse in others. Like, for example, a policy costing in the region of $300/month in 2013 now costing in the region of $1800/month. Because, you know, $1800 per month for a couple to get health insurance that still comes with a $4000 deductible is easily affordable, right?

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

Given the amount of money she makes versus what she gives away, it makes me wonder if she indeed does have a heart for those who are not rich, or if they are little more than a tax write off for her, or to perhaps paint her as a goddess in the eyes of those who have a little wishful thinking. You know, popularity votes.

Top Bottom