Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Well im sorry to hear about your church. Let me guess the MJ song tho, "man in the mirror"?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
I honestly don't remember. Could be

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have looked around. There is one pastor nearby who preaches very well but the church is huge and when I have gone there I felt really lost. I guess I need to lower my standards

Maybe if they have real good small groups, but I feel lost in those big churches too tbh.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Well im sorry to hear about your church. Let me guess the MJ song tho, "man in the mirror"?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Now it's stuck in my head lol

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sorry to say it in reply to a post that only intends to be helpful, but none of those "selector quizzes" is accurate.

And definitely not when we have a list of preferences/beliefs from JSimms to work from. For one thing, none of these quizzes has the space to ask the questions that would allow them to zero in on the right denomination.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm not surprised at those results, given the imprecise way that these quizzes work and about which I commented above. Here again are the doctrines and preferences you hold to:

I don't believe in infant baptism.
I believe the Lord's Supper is done in remembrance of Christ and his death on the cross
I believe that while being born again is an event it is also a process. We are called to walk in Christlikeness and that means surrendering our will to HIs daily
I would like to do communion at least monthly if not weekly
I like a service with a strong biblical sermon

Now, let's consider the churches that were supposed to be good choices for you.

Reformed Baptist (100%)
Southern Baptist (93%)
Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church (89%)
Reformed Churches (89%)
Free Will Baptist (85%)
Presbyterian Church USA (81%)

Three of the six, including the top two, are Baptist, and the others are Presbyterian/Reformed. You probably gave the test the "Calvinist" answer here or there.

But not a one of these churches practices weekly communion--yet the Churches of Christ and the Disciples of Christ do. And I seriously doubt that the typical conservative Baptist church (those were the ones named) teaches that being born again is not an event but, instead, involves a longtime "process. We are called to walk in Christlikeness," as you said.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
my top six from that quiz
Reformed Baptist (100%)
Southern Baptist (93%)
Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church (89%)
Reformed Churches (89%)
Free Will Baptist (85%)
Presbyterian Church USA (81%)

That likely will give you a start anyway ....

Of course, the survey only deals with teachings and there are always other considerations in choosing a given parish (worship style, location, size, people, pastor, ministries, etc.). But since you put all the emphasis on teachings (including those you reject), the survey might be especially helpful. Of course, the Reformed ones (PCA, PC-USA, Reformed Church) all welcome children to baptism (although they reject any effectiveness of such) which might cause you to look at the others. BTW, did you use the degree function? This survey is better than most because you can say HOW MUCH you agree or disagree.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm reformed too w that quiz. They left the evangelical churches out lol.

That's because there is no such thing as the "Evangelical Denomination." It's a denominational survey, it tracks the teachings of denominations. Yes, there are tens of millions of non-denoms with every possible view, teaching and practice... it's simply not possible for a brief survey to include every teaching of every possible individual non-denom church.

Evidently, your basic theological framework is Reformed. SOME "Evangelical" churches have some Reformed teachings in them. Some don't.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That likely will give you a start anyway ....

Of course, the survey only deals with teachings and there are always other considerations in choosing a given parish (worship style, location, size, people, pastor, ministries, etc.). But since you put all the emphasis on teachings (including those you reject), the survey might be especially helpful. Of course, the Reformed ones (PCA, PC-USA, Reformed Church) all welcome children to baptism (although they reject any effectiveness of such) which might cause you to look at the others. BTW, did you use the degree function? This survey is better than most because you can say HOW MUCH you agree or disagree.
Yes I used the degree function

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
jsimms, what is/are your spiritual gifts? God desires us to function as a body and therefore the body you attend should be encouraging you to exercise your gift(s).
Just as you look for shepherds who are gifted in teaching and wisdom, so look to see where your specific gift(s) may be used.
God will inquire as to how we invested his gifts in the work of being an ambassador. What are you hoping to offer to your church as a good and precious offering of praise to God?
When you find, or better still, when God providentially guides you to that group of saints, you will be filled to overflowing with gratefulness. It is a blessed thing to serve in our Father's house.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
jsimms, what is/are your spiritual gifts? God desires us to function as a body and therefore the body you attend should be encouraging you to exercise your gift(s).
Just as you look for shepherds who are gifted in teaching and wisdom, so look to see where your specific gift(s) may be used.
God will inquire as to how we invested his gifts in the work of being an ambassador. What are you hoping to offer to your church as a good and precious offering of praise to God?
When you find, or better still, when God providentially guides you to that group of saints, you will be filled to overflowing with gratefulness. It is a blessed thing to serve in our Father's house.

My primary spiritual gift I believe is teaching. I also love to help people. I noticed a church near me (within about 8 miles) that has a food pantry and serves food to the needy that I am planning on going to attend this next weekend. I have been there a few times in the past, but it has been a few years.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
My primary spiritual gift I believe is teaching. I also love to help people. I noticed a church near me (within about 8 miles) that has a food pantry and serves food to the needy that I am planning on going to attend this next weekend. I have been there a few times in the past, but it has been a few years.
Teaching can come in many forms. Mentoring and forming a small bible study with new believers can be great. Meet at a coffee shop or wherever and simply look at God’s word together.
I am sure God has many opportunities as you walk moment by moment in step with him.

Top Bottom