CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.95%
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      I'm reformed too w that quiz. They left the evangelical churches out lol.
      That's because there is no such thing as the "Evangelical Denomination." It's a denominational survey, it tracks the teachings of denominations. Yes, there are tens of millions of non-denoms with every possible view, teaching and practice... it's simply not possible for a brief survey to include every teaching of every possible individual non-denom church.

Evidently, your basic theological framework is Reformed. SOME "Evangelical" churches have some Reformed teachings in them. Some don't.

2. Likes Imalive liked this post
      jsimms435 is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      1.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
      That likely will give you a start anyway ....

Of course, the survey only deals with teachings and there are always other considerations in choosing a given parish (worship style, location, size, people, pastor, ministries, etc.). But since you put all the emphasis on teachings (including those you reject), the survey might be especially helpful. Of course, the Reformed ones (PCA, PC-USA, Reformed Church) all welcome children to baptism (although they reject any effectiveness of such) which might cause you to look at the others. BTW, did you use the degree function? This survey is better than most because you can say HOW MUCH you agree or disagree.
      Yes I used the degree function

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      87.99%
      jsimms, what is/are your spiritual gifts? God desires us to function as a body and therefore the body you attend should be encouraging you to exercise your gift(s).
      Just as you look for shepherds who are gifted in teaching and wisdom, so look to see where your specific gift(s) may be used.
      God will inquire as to how we invested his gifts in the work of being an ambassador. What are you hoping to offer to your church as a good and precious offering of praise to God?
      When you find, or better still, when God providentially guides you to that group of saints, you will be filled to overflowing with gratefulness. It is a blessed thing to serve in our Father's house.

jsimms435 is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      1.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      jsimms, what is/are your spiritual gifts? God desires us to function as a body and therefore the body you attend should be encouraging you to exercise your gift(s).
      Just as you look for shepherds who are gifted in teaching and wisdom, so look to see where your specific gift(s) may be used.
      God will inquire as to how we invested his gifts in the work of being an ambassador. What are you hoping to offer to your church as a good and precious offering of praise to God?
      When you find, or better still, when God providentially guides you to that group of saints, you will be filled to overflowing with gratefulness. It is a blessed thing to serve in our Father's house.
      My primary spiritual gift I believe is teaching. I also love to help people. I noticed a church near me (within about 8 miles) that has a food pantry and serves food to the needy that I am planning on going to attend this next weekend. I have been there a few times in the past, but it has been a few years.

MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      87.99%
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      My primary spiritual gift I believe is teaching. I also love to help people. I noticed a church near me (within about 8 miles) that has a food pantry and serves food to the needy that I am planning on going to attend this next weekend. I have been there a few times in the past, but it has been a few years.
      Teaching can come in many forms. Mentoring and forming a small bible study with new believers can be great. Meet at a coffee shop or wherever and simply look at Godís word together.
      I am sure God has many opportunities as you walk moment by moment in step with him.