Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"I look forward to the beginning of each year because I set aside some days for special prayer. I don’t like to finish one year and start another without taking time to thank Jesus for the ways He blessed me during the past 12 months and to ask Him for supernatural strength for the next season.
For me, these days of prayer offer a holy recharge. Without that time I feel weak, directionless and unprepared for new challenges.
What about you? Are your spiritual batteries drained from the battles of 2017? The Holy Spirit offers a jumpstart. Here are seven ways you can turn up the heat in your personal prayer life":

the rest of the article is here
https://www.faithnews.cc/?p=25932

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know this isn't a debate forum but I do want to encourage you to pray to God about all things...even the small prayers. The article says, "Don’t limit God with small prayers." Yet, we are to pray without ceasing and that includes small prayers :) I do understand that the author is saying we aren't asking God for enough as in we ask for something small when we should be asking for something major but sometimes the small things ARE enough for some of us. As I get older I want to simplify things so the small things can be sufficient for my needs. Whenever my life is in an uproar I think of how the apostles' lives were not the best ones so I know that what God has provided might be exactly where He wants me and I'm satisfied with that.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I encourage people to create a prayer list. Write it out what you are praying for, even if that means using initials so that others who might see it don't know who it is. Then as you check back and see the answers God has provided it will encourage you to keep it up. Whether that is small or large requests.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have a prayer journal. It's helpful to me. Our congregation also prints in the bulletin prayer requests and a prayer list - and I incorporate those.

Top Bottom