• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: The Mark of the Beast is Imminent?

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.47%
      I thought Sabbath meant 'day of rest'... isn't Jesus Christ our sabbath? At least that's what I get out of it, he worked on the Sabbath so obviously he was showing that he was the fulfillment.
      I suppose an imposed day of worship is what's being suggested by sunday law, I personally believe that Muslims are stuck in OT type laws, cutting off limbs for stealing and such (type laws, capital punishment) God didn't really go into detail about "not working" on Sabbath days anyway, that was OT Jewish law, similar to Roman law later on "long hair is shameful". However I doubt Jesus attended a roman hair stylist once a month.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,076,355 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      64.27%
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      They were forced to close and now theyre forced to open.
      Forced to open? As in, if you open a retail shop you are not legally allowed to be closed on Sundays? Wow... I'd have thought it would be up to the owners to decide when they are open.

The Dutch government would love B&H Photography. It's a huge photo/video/computer/electronics store in Manhatten. It's run by observant Jews so they not only close for the Sabbath but they also close for every single Jewish festival. When they are closed they won't even take online orders - I forget whether the site lets you place the order but doesn't acknowledge it until they reopen, or if they won't even take an online order. But they are big enough, and their prices are good enough, that people accept it. I strongly suspect that if Burger King closed on Sundays people would just go to McDonalds and be done with it.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

3. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married

Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,076,355 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      64.27%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I thought Sabbath meant 'day of rest'... isn't Jesus Christ our sabbath? At least that's what I get out of it, he worked on the Sabbath so obviously he was showing that he was the fulfillment.
      I suppose an imposed day of worship is what's being suggested by sunday law, I personally believe that Muslims are stuck in OT type laws, cutting off limbs for stealing and such (type laws, capital punishment) God didn't really go into detail about "not working" on Sabbath days anyway, that was OT Jewish law, similar to Roman law later on "long hair is shameful". However I doubt Jesus attended a roman hair stylist once a month.

Hence the thing about the Sabbath being made for man rather than the other way around. The idea is that we rest one day a week, rather than we exist primarily to honor the Sabbath. I have to say I'm glad that the medical staff weren't rigidly observing Sabbath when I slipped with the wallpaper scraper and cut my wrist on a Friday evening, or I'd have had to wait until sunset the following day to have my stitches.

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.26%

Yes, in Holland the reformed just replaced the O.T laws w self made laws. I'm on a Dutch reformed forum. One guy gets really upset if you have a Christmas tree. That's heathen and bad. And there are still ppl who dont use the car to church cause thats work but walking isnt work and they dont buy anything or eat somewhere out. It's just like the orthodox Jews I saw in Israel, but then on sunday. Makes no sense whatsoever. And why is driving a car working? I heard from someone its because they used to have a chart w a horse and then you'd let the horse work.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.47%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      Hence the thing about the Sabbath being made for man rather than the other way around. The idea is that we rest one day a week, rather than we exist primarily to honor the Sabbath. I have to say I'm glad that the medical staff weren't rigidly observing Sabbath when I slipped with the wallpaper scraper and cut my wrist on a Friday evening, or I'd have had to wait until sunset the following day to have my stitches.
      Its sad, 3/4ths of mankind direct man away from God and try to drag the rest with them. Makes sense that a few elect keep his word.
      America is young and unsettled but I gather that other countries may be affected emotionally by it, but they seem to be more cultured (Christian nations) and have better respect for God than the whole of America (a Christian nation). I mention this because I see a mindless war if this sunday law were to be forced onto Americans, good people here, but the majority of major populated cities are why the election college is in effect, can't trust the legend of crazed mobs deciding the path that causes the whole world to crumble.
      Like I said, sabbath Law is just a dream of the Vatican and Christians suppress it, yes its prophesied that a mark be issued out but not to Christians, but the world.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.47%
      Yes, in Holland the reformed just replaced the O.T laws w self made laws. I'm on a Dutch reformed forum. One guy gets really upset if you have a Christmas tree. That's heathen and bad. And there are still ppl who dont use the car to church cause thats work but walking isnt work and they dont buy anything or eat somewhere out. It's just like the orthodox Jews I saw in Israel, but then on sunday. Makes no sense whatsoever. And why is driving a car working? I heard from someone its because they used to have a chart w a horse and then you'd let the horse work.
      I thought God said we have control over the use of animals lol you can't ride a horse on sunday?

8. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.26%
      I thought God said we have control over the use of animals lol you can't ride a horse on sunday?

There was a law that they shouldnt let their animals work either on sabbath I thought. Although, you must milk a cow, I think. In some villages you see a whole bunch of ppl walk to church, women w hats on, cover your hair, and long skirts. No car. That's working. One teen complained on that forum. On sunday after church he wasnt allowed to go fish and his parents just went to bed after the service. They took it very literal.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.47%
      There was a law that they shouldnt let their animals work either on sabbath I thought. Although, you must milk a cow, I think. In some villages you see a whole bunch of ppl walk to church, women w hats on, cover your hair, and long skirts. No car. That's working. One teen complained on that forum. On sunday after church he wasnt allowed to go fish and his parents just went to bed after the service. They took it very literal.
      Right, how can you make it to church without working? I really never understood that, a bundle of sticks?? Could they breathe? Or is that works?

11. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.26%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      Forced to open? As in, if you open a retail shop you are not legally allowed to be closed on Sundays? Wow... I'd have thought it would be up to the owners to decide when they are open.

The Dutch government would love B&H Photography. It's a huge photo/video/computer/electronics store in Manhatten. It's run by observant Jews so they not only close for the Sabbath but they also close for every single Jewish festival. When they are closed they won't even take online orders - I forget whether the site lets you place the order but doesn't acknowledge it until they reopen, or if they won't even take an online order. But they are big enough, and their prices are good enough, that people accept it. I strongly suspect that if Burger King closed on Sundays people would just go to McDonalds and be done with it.
      Not everyone is forced to open, but in Amsterdam there are streets where you can only open your shop the rest of the week if you agree with opening it on sunday too.
      Shops have all been closed on sunday a long time here.
      Now once a month they may open on sunday and in Amsterdam it's now going the other way. Also the times are ruled when you may open your shop. You can't just leave it open after 6, except supermarkets.

Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married

Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,076,355 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      64.27%
      Right, how can you make it to church without working? I really never understood that, a bundle of sticks?? Could they breathe? Or is that works?

From what I gather from talking to a Jewish friend the key question is whether you complete something on the Sabbath. I guess completing the journey to synagogue is considered acceptable. But, for instance, he won't answer the phone on the Sabbath becauase that would mean completing a phone connection.

As for what the Jews consider to be "working" on the Sabbath it seems very weird to me. From what I gather you can move a sofa but can't pick up a paper clip, for example.