Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
From what I gather from talking to a Jewish friend the key question is whether you complete something on the Sabbath. I guess completing the journey to synagogue is considered acceptable. But, for instance, he won't answer the phone on the Sabbath becauase that would mean completing a phone connection.

As for what the Jews consider to be "working" on the Sabbath it seems very weird to me. From what I gather you can move a sofa but can't pick up a paper clip, for example.
Insane, are you telling me that Jews still observe the sabbath that way? So all Jew work shuts down on saturday?
I seriously didn't know that lol sounds confusing, do they just lay down the whole day or what?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Right, how can you make it to church without working? I really never understood that, a bundle of sticks?? Could they breathe? Or is that works?

It's a crazy way of adding works or maybe theyre so into the osas thing and dont add works that they dont do anything LOL.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Stravinsk brought up a good point once before on this site about the calendar and HOW do you know you're actually on a Saturday instead of maybe a Friday or Monday because the calendars aren't the same as in ancient days. Are you sure you're doing it right?

I'm not sure to where you are referring, but yes I did make this point, however if I stated or insinuated that it falls on a fixed day of a continuous 7 day cycle, then I erred.

The solar year cannot be divided into 7's equally, whether it is calculated on a 12 month solar year, or a 13 month solar year. There is always a remainder. Unless one believes God made a mistake in reckoning time, it should be a very big clue that "appointed times" (including weekly Sabbath) are not established solely on the number of days in Creation week. I have heard some say that the year used to be 360 days of 12 months which makes a nice round 30 day month every month, however, even if this were so - it doesn't make a nice round number of 7's (weeks) in a year. There is a still a remainder if this were true.

If one is a sabbath keeper (in the current understanding of keeping 1 fixed day out of 7 - Saturday, Sunday, Friday or any other fixed day on a continuously cycling 7 day week throughout the year), then there is no way to find the day one esteems above others if that person were estranged from society, disoriented and without a time keeping device. For example, if you were lost at sea, without a watch or any other time keeping device, knocked out/disoriented and landed on some deserted island without a clue as to what day it was. Try to esteem your sabbath then. Not possible.

Some people have gotten real angry at me when I have brought this up, but it is the truth.

That being said, I do believe God's Sabbath can be found, however, most people are not looking for it, nor would attempt to keep it if they knew. Given the hostility many show even towards a given day of 7, falling every 7, it is easy to see why.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Insane, are you telling me that Jews still observe the sabbath that way? So all Jew work shuts down on saturday?
I seriously didn't know that lol sounds confusing, do they just lay down the whole day or what?

I was in Israel in a hotel from orthodox Jews and Arabs would serve the food on sabbath. They had lines in the street so you could see exactly how many meters you were allowed to walk. That was for the real strict ones I think.
In 2 months our old school has a reunion and one of my best friends as a kid is Jewish. We were atheists then but now I'm christian and she lives in Israel and is orthodox Jewish. But we wanted to have the reunion on saturday. She says: saturday evening please cause I celebrate sabbath.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
From what I gather from talking to a Jewish friend the key question is whether you complete something on the Sabbath. I guess completing the journey to synagogue is considered acceptable. But, for instance, he won't answer the phone on the Sabbath becauase that would mean completing a phone connection.

As for what the Jews consider to be "working" on the Sabbath it seems very weird to me. From what I gather you can move a sofa but can't pick up a paper clip, for example.

I was in Israel in a hotel from orthodox Jews and Arabs would serve the food on sabbath. They had lines in the street so you could see exactly how many meters you were allowed to walk. That was for the real strict ones I think.
In 2 months our old school has a reunion and one of my best friends as a kid is Jewish. We were atheists then but now I'm christian and she lives in Israel and is orthodox Jewish. But we wanted to have the reunion on saturday. She says: saturday evening please cause I celebrate sabbath.

The Jews have made a burden of the day they consider the Sabbath day. They have forgotten that the prohibitions on it are mainly those of trade and servile work to which that trade is related. A man carrying his mat is neither servile work nor trade, and Christ wasn't trading His healings for coin or anything else. The "work" He did was of a kind that did not profane the Sabbath.

Top Bottom