• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: The Mark of the Beast is Imminent?

TheThirdAngel144 is offline Participant Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      Hmm. I see the opposite in Holland. Stores were always closed on sunday because of christian laws. Now ppl are forced to work on sunday. Nice for me to go get groceries if I'm too lazy to get em on friday, but quite antisocial for the ppl who have to work.
      No one can force anyone to go on Sunday, in the same way anyone can force anyone not to work on Sunday. The idea that a Christian country would try to force that on someone, which is clearly a religious law, is wrong. The days which one can take off are chosen by themselves. Now, people might take time off, and want to take time off. But it should be up to the business, or individual, whether they want to make that decision which day they want to shut down, vs. when the government comes in and commands everyone else to cease, especially when the law purely has a religious connotation to it.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by Stravinsk View Post
      I finally got around to watching the video now that there's a proper link.

While I wouldn't put it past the RCC to assert some authority in the West by working with governments to institute Sunday laws, the idea that it is imminent isn't even close to being justified just because various groups are pushing for it in some way or another. That is the main push of the video, "Sunday laws are just around the corner, because look at group X,Y and Z who are in favor of them!" As a sort of weak nod to Revelation, it's just thrown in that all countries around the world will just adopt them also. With a lot less citing of groups for these latter regions.

I like some Adventist teaching, but this is cherry picking Revelation and trying to force an interpretation that is just not happening, not in the West, and certainly not in other parts of the world like the Muslim world or Hindu or elsewhere where Christianity is not the popular religion.

Besides all of this...I feel my points in my first post on this thread still stand.

God has to single out a single generation for this test, leaving all others out *by the going theory
      Any practical implementation *by the going theory is going to leave out isolated groups or individuals all over the world (so as to nullify applying to "all men" as Revelation states)

*The going theory as for "buying and selling" being some sort of credit/debit and/or electronic trade mechanism that will have to, according to Revelation, be applied to "all men" (usually thought of as being in the future and of course just for the generation in which it happens, making God favor all previous ones). If one wants to get technical, any trade that involves buying or selling need not include any kind of currency at all, electronic, paper, gold/silver etc. If I have a bag of corn and want to trade it for a bag of wheat, and the wheat holder agrees, well, I've just "bought" the wheat with my corn, and he has just "sold" it.

Viola. No super smart computers, electronics, even electricity or just simply paper money need be involved. If that can happen, this nullifies the strong and exclusive language of Revelation IF the 'mark' is some sort of physical mechanism to facilitate trade or some sort of public acknowledgement of other gods, a physical idol etc.

For those who may be unaware, the similarity between the 4th beast of Daniel 7 and the Beast of Revelation means this beast power has been around for a very long time.
      I think the idea that it is a lot closer than people realize, is totally correct. No man knows the day or the hour, but the enforcement of Sunday Laws looks very near. That which people declared would be asinine is proven to be something within our tangible future. The more people know about this, the harder these people are going to push forward, because they're caught. It's not just that groups are in favor of them, groups are actively pushing for them. The issue is being concealed, because to be very frank and open about this would be to declare every warning that people have been saying about these laws are right. I guarantee you, the louder the truth gets, and the more the blatant connections between the RCC and Protestantism working towards Sunday Laws are exposed, will casue them to the faster they are going to work to shut us up.

The idea that it other countries will not fall in line, is false when you have 175 nations that sign onto the Paris Climate Agreement, that was literally inspired by Pope Francis himself. His principles were embedded into the prologue of the Paris Agreement. More nations than you think are absolutely on board with this. But it is because this religious law is presented as a solution for climate change, which is something all around agree with.

Another thing, when Satan shows up, and starts declaring that he is Jesus, and easily calls for Sunday Laws, people will fall for this in droves. This is the strong, almost overmastering delusion. This is why it's important now to take part in studying the Scriptures, and looking at the connections that Scriptures have made to our current times.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      Of course it is, but the trend at the moment is ever-more pressure on stores to open on Sunday rather than any government pressure to close. If anything protections put in place when Sunday trading laws were relaxed are being eroded. It's quite a bold move for a retail business to close their doors on Sunday these days.
      Strongly disagree. I swing from one message board to another, and I had received possibly major backlash for suggesting that Protestant America should not fall for this trap. They think that an entire nation "turning to God" is okay in the sense of Sunday Laws, while declaring the truth the Scriptures declare to be of Satan. There is a reason that Poland is being uplifted before people in America, and are finding an alliance in themselves and Poland. And Poland literally just decided recently to phase out Sunday shopping by 2020. Things are getting incredibly serious right now. It is important that we study these truths for ourselves, and take a look into what the Bible says about God's Sabbath, and the incoming Sunday Laws.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I disagree. I believe Monster Energy is the mark of the beast, you have it in your right hand and when you drink it the cross (in 'o') turns upside down. Im glad I only drink Red Bull so I dont go to hell.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
      I think Monster is a bad product, but to take something like this drink to be the mark of the beast, is incorrect. God's word from Genesis to Revelation deals with man's transgression against God's law, whose law goes into your hands and forehead. When God's law explicitely declares to keep the 7th day, and people choose the first day, notwithstanding all the warnings in God's Word, and choose the Sunday Laws, then they will have chosen the mark of the beast, and will be cut off from God for all eternity.

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      2.74%
      Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdAngel144 View Post
      I think Monster is a bad product, but to take something like this drink to be the mark of the beast, is incorrect. God's word from Genesis to Revelation deals with man's transgression against God's law, whose law goes into your hands and forehead. When God's law explicitely declares to keep the 7th day, and people choose the first day, notwithstanding all the warnings in God's Word, and choose the Sunday Laws, then they will have chosen the mark of the beast, and will be cut off from God for all eternity.
      Amen brother, the forehead is the mind (thinking) and the hands are the works(doing)! God marks us too, dont forget he marks our foreheads, and the works are HIS will not ours. At least that's how I see it. The whole Monster drink thing was a joke yet many people obsess over such nonsense to try and excuse themselves away from the simple issue.
      We all fall unaware, but Christ wakes us up from the sleep. Be marked by God! Have God on your mind 24/7 and your works will be Good in HIS favor. God bless

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (97,347 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      28.95%
      Stravinsk brought up a good point once before on this site about the calendar and HOW do you know you're actually on a Saturday instead of maybe a Friday or Monday because the calendars aren't the same as in ancient days. Are you sure you're doing it right?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (3,036,801 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      4.78%
      Strongly disagree. I swing from one message board to another, and I had received possibly major backlash for suggesting that Protestant America should not fall for this trap. They think that an entire nation "turning to God" is okay in the sense of Sunday Laws, while declaring the truth the Scriptures declare to be of Satan. There is a reason that Poland is being uplifted before people in America, and are finding an alliance in themselves and Poland. And Poland literally just decided recently to phase out Sunday shopping by 2020. Things are getting incredibly serious right now. It is important that we study these truths for ourselves, and take a look into what the Bible says about God's Sabbath, and the incoming Sunday Laws.
      Seriously? You think businesses are suddenly going to be forced to shut down on Sunday? Try getting a job in retail if you don't want to work Sundays. Probably going to be tricky, unless you work for the kind of small business that does close and that probably also struggles to compete against the corporate behemoths.

I'm not sure what Poland deciding to phase out Sunday shopping has to do with the rest of the world. It wasn't that long ago that stores opening on Sunday in England was a big deal, paired with grand promises from politicians that Christians who worked for the stores would never be forced to work on a Sunday. From what I can tell that promise turned to be worth, well, about the same as any other promise from a politician.

Even if governments across the globe ban Sunday shopping, it's still not clear what that has to do with the mark of the beast. How does the prohibition from buying and selling apply if all that has happened is that stores are closed on Sundays?

One of my preferred diners decided to close on Sundays to allow their staff to spend time with their families and to attend church if they so chose - in an age when there's a constant push to open for longer hours on more days regardless of the imposition on staff it was a bold move. The bar literally next door to them continues to open on Sundays so I have no idea whether the Sunday trade they decided they don't want will turn out to be nothing more than losing Sunday trade, or whether they will lose more business as people get used to going elsewhere.

Bottom line, I'm still not buying the idea that the behemoths will be closing on Sunday any time soon and even if they do it's not clear what that has to do with the mysterious mark.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (3,036,801 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      4.78%
      If I recall some guy who said he was God said something about the Sabbath being made for man, not man for the Sabbath. I wonder if he was onto something.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.46%
      Did you know that the Mark of the Beast is being promoted as the solution to problems in our world? Even to Christians, the mark of the beast might seem like a good idea! It is being promoted to solve problems of climate change, to bringing families together more, for regulation in working and resting hours, to cause people to consume less material things, and even to fight against communism! What is this mark they are promoting? It is something that Christians accept, that is not Biblical at all! They are promoting world-wide SUNday Sabbath Laws!

Yep. It's happening in Amsterdam. The goodness how do you call that from the State reformed party wants ppl in Amsterdam to be free to close their shop on sunday if they want to, cause now they have to open it. Because they find it very important that ppl can have sunday as a rest day. She is one of the first women from that party btw. First it was forbidden for women to do anything in politics in that party, but theyre modernizing.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/15354...rdam-aanpakken

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.46%
      No one can force anyone to go on Sunday, in the same way anyone can force anyone not to work on Sunday. The idea that a Christian country would try to force that on someone, which is clearly a religious law, is wrong. The days which one can take off are chosen by themselves. Now, people might take time off, and want to take time off. But it should be up to the business, or individual, whether they want to make that decision which day they want to shut down, vs. when the government comes in and commands everyone else to cease, especially when the law purely has a religious connotation to it.
      They were forced to close and now theyre forced to open.