• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 65

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: The Mark of the Beast is Imminent?

    1. #11
      tango's Avatar
      tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...
       
      Mood:
      Bemused
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Elsewhere
      Posts
      5,939
      CH Cash
      1,519
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (3,322,045 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      27,581
      Level
      45
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      32.31%
      Rep Power
      695
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      We had sunday laws but now more and more shops open on sunday.
      Indeed, when a small business closes on Sunday because they have the crazy idea their staff might want to spend time with their families or - God forbid - go to church they risk losing the trade that then goes to competitors.

      I don't see the mark of the beast being anything to do with Sunday. I think the beast will want to do away with Christian worship completely, not fuss over whether or not stores are closed on a day named after a star.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

      "If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

      The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

    2. Likes Imalive liked this post
    3. #12
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,623
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,964
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,442
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.48%
      Rep Power
      223
      Everyone wants to be the great hero that solves the beast-mark riddle (exalting ones self/wisest in understanding) and unfortunately many become so fanatical about it that they absolutely focus only on that subject as a means to salvation. You either have THAT mark on your head or the mark of GOD. Indeed they certainly ignore the mark of God that's written about in the same revelation.

    4. #13
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      1,853
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,357
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,858
      Level
      34
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.79%
      Rep Power
      423
      Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdAngel144 View Post
      Is this because you are of old age? Because it is happening.
      "It" may be "happening," but that is not what the earlier post claimed was going on. And that is what I replied to--what was posted. No, I do not expect to ever run into anyone "promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws." It's possible, of course, but unlikely since it's not anywhere near the issue your post made it out to be.

    5. Likes Imalive liked this post
    6. #14
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,623
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,964
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,442
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.48%
      Rep Power
      223
      About the video. Romans used to take part in the state religion holidays and festivals... Rituals etc. I saw on BBC special once that the title for the Romans was 'religio' but as for the Christians they would stay indoors and not take part in the festivals and were given the name 'superstigio' and would be punished and killed. This video however just sounds like more day dreaming of the Papacy, none of their ideas ever go into effect (not in a long while) not one, I would like to believe that Christians helped to suppress that. I rest on Sunday and I dont work on Sunday but I go to church on Sunday.... thats the mark of the beast?

    7. Likes Imalive liked this post
    8. #15
      Imalive's Avatar
      Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,315
      Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      497,906
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      10,560
      Level
      30
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.73%
      Rep Power
      267
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      "It" may be "happening," but that is not what the earlier post claimed was going on. And that is what I replied to--what was posted. No, I do not expect to ever run into anyone "promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws." It's possible, of course, but unlikely since it's not anywhere near the issue your post made it out to be.
      Watch out. The Dutch reformed are gonna take over the world and force everyone to stop working and go to church.

    9. #16
      jsimms435's Avatar
      jsimms435 is online now Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      2,295
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,503
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,634
      Level
      33
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.94%
      Rep Power
      403
      I see no real evidence that we are closer to the mark of the beast than we were 50 years ago. Did you make that video yourself?

    10. #17
      tango's Avatar
      tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...
       
      Mood:
      Bemused
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Elsewhere
      Posts
      5,939
      CH Cash
      1,519
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (3,322,045 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      27,581
      Level
      45
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      32.31%
      Rep Power
      695
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      I see no real evidence that we are closer to the mark of the beast than we were 50 years ago. Did you make that video yourself?
      I look at global economics and think we are closer now than we were 50 years ago, not least because technologies exist now that could potentially evolve into something leading to the mark. I use a slightly twisted sentence there because I don't want to suggest that this or that is going to be the mark, simply that conditions are aligning that could potentially lead to a global problem that in turn could be solved by a global leader, in ways that I don't see would have happened 50 years ago.

      One possible issue is climate change. Whether or not it is actually real and whether or not it is actually caused by human activity to any meaningful extent, concern about it is growing and as a global issue it can only be addressed with global efforts - as is often said there's little point one country taking draconian steps to cut emissions while another builds dozens of power stations. A long term response to climate change invites global management, at least to some extent. Hence conditions are more ripe now for a global leader than 50 years ago.

      Since most (I think all, but not 100% sure) global currencies are no longer backed by gold, economic mismanagement by most western governments over the last few decades result in growing unease among what was once considered the middle class. It's a common refrain that "the rich are getting richer" but when people see their wages stagnating while the cost of living rises relentlessly, people spend their lives in debt struggling to break free (and frequently die with substantial debts), all the time being told by the talking heads that the economy is booming, resentment grows. Sooner or later that resentment turns into a powder keg, which in turn becomes very unstable. Although the notional reason for outbreaks of violence may be anything from Donald Trump to police brutality to racism to whatever else, fundamentally when hope is systematically stripped from the majority of the population it's only a matter of time before things go south. Since this affects much if not all of the western world, there is another possibility for violence to erupt on a large enough scale that some form of supranational leadership ends up taking over to try and take control.

      Immigration and demographics are another key issue. Because of the growing cost of living compared to stagnating wages in the west, it's far from rare to see people not having children. Quite aside from the way this places further strain on programs like social security, it also contrasts starkly with immigrant populations (specifically the Islamic community) who are more prone to have more children. As demographics shift and groups previously considered minorities potentially become a majority, there is a higher chance of seeing groups hostile to Western religions becoming large enough in number to take legislative action against them. If (and this is heavy speculation) the mark of the beast relates in some way to the Mahdi expected by some sections of the Islamic community, a global growth in Muslims relative to other faiths is a clear way that a global caliphate could potentially be accomplished.

      Much of this is speculation, and much of it is likely to be some time out, but I wouldn't say there's nothing to be concerned about out there.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

      "If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

      The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

    11. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
    12. #18
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,623
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,964
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,442
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.48%
      Rep Power
      223
      They have to first create a world economic system like they tried with the euro and what it seems like they are trying with bitcoin. I do believe however that political Christians among Christians are slowing down this process and causing them to forfeit and withdraw from that goal (rejecting the mark) lest we forget humanity (our neighbors) and allow this to ever be accomplished. I don't see it happening in our time or for centuries to come but there will likely be a day when all thats left are greedy and willing support for a world dependent solely on the mark of a man global enterprise system.
      Our effort thus far has suppressed humanities temptation for global economic socialization (one world government)...
      Albeit so many liberals and atheist are willing to lay down for it. So are we
      Last edited by DHoffmann; 01-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.

    13. #19
      tango's Avatar
      tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...
       
      Mood:
      Bemused
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Elsewhere
      Posts
      5,939
      CH Cash
      1,519
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (3,322,045 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      27,581
      Level
      45
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      32.31%
      Rep Power
      695
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      They have to first create a world economic system like they tried with the euro and what it seems like they are trying with bitcoin. I do believe however that political Christians among Christians are slowing down this process and causing them to forfeit and withdraw from that goal (rejecting the mark) lest we forget humanity (our neighbors) and allow this to ever be accomplished. I don't see it happening in our time or for centuries to come but there will likely be a day when all thats left are greedy and willing support for a world dependent solely on the mark of a man global enterprise system.
      Our effort thus far has suppressed humanities temptation for global economic socialization (one world government)...
      Albeit so many liberals and atheist are willing to lay down for it. So are we
      The world economic system may be related to something like the euro, although that seems to be fragmenting because of political divisions. If the people around the world are expected to fall into line under global leadership then there has to be a global problem to solve, that can only be solved at the global level. Climate change seems like the obvious candidate, especially since it carries many features of a global religion already.

      People won't naturally fall into line and follow ever-more leaders. But if there's a problem that needs to be solved, especially one that creates the sense of alienation directed at those who even dare to question whether it's a problem at all, the combination of wanting to be a part of the solution and not wanting the social exclusion associated with doubting or denying, sees people fall into line very happily. Just look how many problems have proposed solutions that begin with "introduce a new tax on..." and people line up to express approval of how it's the right way to go. It won't be long before those new taxes are global.

      Then look at the growing outrage at companies like Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc and their tax avoidance schemes. They pay every penny of tax that is legally due, they just use wrinkles in tax laws in different countries to minimise the amount they actually pay. According to one report I read Google was reckoned to have legally avoided something like $3,700,000,000 in taxes in 2017 alone by clever accounting schemes. How to stop such things, and force the corporate behemoths to "pay their fair share"? The solution has to be global because as soon as any one nation does something else another wrinkle will exist. So it's not all that far-fetched to see how combinations of economic hopelessness, paired with growing anger at corporate behemoths, will encourage people to support global governance even if only in the hope of forcing the corporate giants to play by the same rules as everyone else. It won't work, of course, but people will stand in line to demand it and in the process subject themselves to another layer of governance. If one-world government does come, I suspect the mark of the beast will follow relatively shortly afterwards.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

      "If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

      The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

    14. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
    15. #20
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,623
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,964
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,442
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.48%
      Rep Power
      223
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      The world economic system may be related to something like the euro, although that seems to be fragmenting because of political divisions. If the people around the world are expected to fall into line under global leadership then there has to be a global problem to solve, that can only be solved at the global level. Climate change seems like the obvious candidate, especially since it carries many features of a global religion already.

      People won't naturally fall into line and follow ever-more leaders. But if there's a problem that needs to be solved, especially one that creates the sense of alienation directed at those who even dare to question whether it's a problem at all, the combination of wanting to be a part of the solution and not wanting the social exclusion associated with doubting or denying, sees people fall into line very happily. Just look how many problems have proposed solutions that begin with "introduce a new tax on..." and people line up to express approval of how it's the right way to go. It won't be long before those new taxes are global.

      Then look at the growing outrage at companies like Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc and their tax avoidance schemes. They pay every penny of tax that is legally due, they just use wrinkles in tax laws in different countries to minimise the amount they actually pay. According to one report I read Google was reckoned to have legally avoided something like $3,700,000,000 in taxes in 2017 alone by clever accounting schemes. How to stop such things, and force the corporate behemoths to "pay their fair share"? The solution has to be global because as soon as any one nation does something else another wrinkle will exist. So it's not all that far-fetched to see how combinations of economic hopelessness, paired with growing anger at corporate behemoths, will encourage people to support global governance even if only in the hope of forcing the corporate giants to play by the same rules as everyone else. It won't work, of course, but people will stand in line to demand it and in the process subject themselves to another layer of governance. If one-world government does come, I suspect the mark of the beast will follow relatively shortly afterwards.
      I bought a cd audio book from my local library that brought everything within global software and economics out to the forefront that I really think you should look into.
      The World Is Flat but Thomas L. Friedman... Its not about flat earth theories at all but how we are economically becoming a flat earth again (as opposed to seeking hardware 'gold and metals' to seeking software 'networking and global villaging")
      If you look for him on youtube you wont get much out of it, but look up his book or audio book and it puts a lot into perspective...
      Here is a video that halfway explains what im talking about.


      Here is a treasure for the rest of you (and you tango)
      This recent Catholic philosopher predicts everything we are going through now.
      Very interesting.
      The medium is the message. (Watch all three and believe me you will, great truth in him RIP) the 2nd video "look into the rear view mirror" is very for telling especially for America.


      Last edited by DHoffmann; 01-06-2018 at 02:19 AM.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •