• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: The Mark of the Beast is Imminent?

Hybrid View

TheThirdAngel144 is offline Participant Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.33%

The Mark of the Beast is Imminent?

Did you know that the Mark of the Beast is being promoted as the solution to problems in our world? Even to Christians, the mark of the beast might seem like a good idea! It is being promoted to solve problems of climate change, to bringing families together more, for regulation in working and resting hours, to cause people to consume less material things, and even to fight against communism! What is this mark they are promoting? It is something that Christians accept, that is not Biblical at all! They are promoting world-wide SUNday Sabbath Laws!

Last edited by TheThirdAngel144; 01-07-2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Added additional content, Edit Post Video

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (77,777 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      47.99%
      Your link gave an error message so I removed it just so you know.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.33%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Your link gave an error message so I removed it just so you know.
      Thank you so much! I tried to post and my post, and it just gave me an issue. I tried to change it, and then my post just vanished.

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,066,025 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      63.2%
      Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdAngel144 View Post
      Did you know that the Mark of the Beast is being promoted as the solution to problems in our world? Even to Christians, the mark of the beast might seem like a good idea! It is being promoted to solve problems of climate change, to bringing families together more, for regulation in working and resting hours, to cause people to consume less material things, and even to fight against communism! What is this mark they are promoting? It is something that Christians accept, that is not Biblical at all! They are promoting world-wide SUNday Sabbath Laws!
      Lots of theories about the mark of the beast. Personally I think it's more likely to be something related to a cashless society. As with so much else that is bad, it's presented as if it were good because, you know, it makes it harder for terrorists and money launderers to ply their nefarious trades. Of course most people who would prefer to pay with cash when they buy their morning coffee and who like a little privacy (let's face it, the government really doesn't have any need to know that we had an extra shot of espresso in our coffee this morning and also picked out the extra large chocolate bar) would prefer to think of themselves as a Good Guy rather than a Bad Guy, and so would give up their privacy if it means the Bad Guys have to lose theirs. Then they wonder what went wrong when the laws they supported turn around and bite them.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.33%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      Lots of theories about the mark of the beast. Personally I think it's more likely to be something related to a cashless society. As with so much else that is bad, it's presented as if it were good because, you know, it makes it harder for terrorists and money launderers to ply their nefarious trades. Of course most people who would prefer to pay with cash when they buy their morning coffee and who like a little privacy (let's face it, the government really doesn't have any need to know that we had an extra shot of espresso in our coffee this morning and also picked out the extra large chocolate bar) would prefer to think of themselves as a Good Guy rather than a Bad Guy, and so would give up their privacy if it means the Bad Guys have to lose theirs. Then they wonder what went wrong when the laws they supported turn around and bite them.
      I agree, it will be related to a cashless society. They have to have some way to stop others from being able to buy and sell. The measures implemented, therefore, are not the mark themselves, but just measures taken to ensure you worship the beast and his image ... and if you choose not to, then they have a way to punish us.

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.44%
      I expect to die of old age before I actually am confronted by someone promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.33%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      I expect to die of old age before I actually am confronted by someone promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws.
      Is this because you are of old age? Because it is happening. The video might be kinda long to some people, so there is a shortened version of it, although I encourage watching the entire thing, as it's packed with much information.

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.44%
      Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdAngel144 View Post
      Is this because you are of old age? Because it is happening.
      "It" may be "happening," but that is not what the earlier post claimed was going on. And that is what I replied to--what was posted. No, I do not expect to ever run into anyone "promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws." It's possible, of course, but unlikely since it's not anywhere near the issue your post made it out to be.

9. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      "It" may be "happening," but that is not what the earlier post claimed was going on. And that is what I replied to--what was posted. No, I do not expect to ever run into anyone "promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws." It's possible, of course, but unlikely since it's not anywhere near the issue your post made it out to be.
      Watch out. The Dutch reformed are gonna take over the world and force everyone to stop working and go to church.

Stravinsk is online now Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
      Widow/Widower
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (14,625 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      36.41%
      In order for the 'mark of the beast' to be some sort of electronic credit/debit system that is implemented some time in the future and enforced with regards to a specific day on our continuously cycling 7 day week, you also have to believe the following:

1. Every person on the earth, from the villager in Nigeria, to the Aborigines living in the outback of Australia, to the business person in Europe or anywhere else densely or sparsely populated somehow is found and made to receive the 'mark'. Revelation is clear that "all men" are involved.
      2. You must believe every single place where this electronic system is set up has adequate electricity, the computerized framework and so on for it to be implemented, for there can be no "undeveloped countries" where it is in place.
      3. You have to believe every single government goes along with the system.
      4. You have to believe that "right hand" and "forehead" are literal in terms of being the physical spots where the mark is placed.
      5. You have to believe that it is only for one generation, and that all previous generations from Christ to the time it happens get a free pass, making God only test the generation in which it happens.
      6. You have to believe that barter, or direct trading of commodities or skills, is somehow forgotten or shunned in every single corner of the earth.
      7. You have to believe that alternative forms of currency (including classic gold, silver, copper) suddenly become worthless, having no trade value and people will not use them.

In other words, you have to believe an interpretation of Revelation that you probably haven't given much thought to.

Time to rethink.