The Mark of the Beast is Imminent?

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Did you know that the Mark of the Beast is being promoted as the solution to problems in our world? Even to Christians, the mark of the beast might seem like a good idea! It is being promoted to solve problems of climate change, to bringing families together more, for regulation in working and resting hours, to cause people to consume less material things, and even to fight against communism! What is this mark they are promoting? It is something that Christians accept, that is not Biblical at all! They are promoting world-wide SUNday Sabbath Laws!

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Your link gave an error message so I removed it just so you know.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did you know that the Mark of the Beast is being promoted as the solution to problems in our world? Even to Christians, the mark of the beast might seem like a good idea! It is being promoted to solve problems of climate change, to bringing families together more, for regulation in working and resting hours, to cause people to consume less material things, and even to fight against communism! What is this mark they are promoting? It is something that Christians accept, that is not Biblical at all! They are promoting world-wide SUNday Sabbath Laws!

Lots of theories about the mark of the beast. Personally I think it's more likely to be something related to a cashless society. As with so much else that is bad, it's presented as if it were good because, you know, it makes it harder for terrorists and money launderers to ply their nefarious trades. Of course most people who would prefer to pay with cash when they buy their morning coffee and who like a little privacy (let's face it, the government really doesn't have any need to know that we had an extra shot of espresso in our coffee this morning and also picked out the extra large chocolate bar) would prefer to think of themselves as a Good Guy rather than a Bad Guy, and so would give up their privacy if it means the Bad Guys have to lose theirs. Then they wonder what went wrong when the laws they supported turn around and bite them.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I expect to die of old age before I actually am confronted by someone promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
In order for the 'mark of the beast' to be some sort of electronic credit/debit system that is implemented some time in the future and enforced with regards to a specific day on our continuously cycling 7 day week, you also have to believe the following:

1. Every person on the earth, from the villager in Nigeria, to the Aborigines living in the outback of Australia, to the business person in Europe or anywhere else densely or sparsely populated somehow is found and made to receive the 'mark'. Revelation is clear that "all men" are involved.
2. You must believe every single place where this electronic system is set up has adequate electricity, the computerized framework and so on for it to be implemented, for there can be no "undeveloped countries" where it is in place.
3. You have to believe every single government goes along with the system.
4. You have to believe that "right hand" and "forehead" are literal in terms of being the physical spots where the mark is placed.
5. You have to believe that it is only for one generation, and that all previous generations from Christ to the time it happens get a free pass, making God only test the generation in which it happens.
6. You have to believe that barter, or direct trading of commodities or skills, is somehow forgotten or shunned in every single corner of the earth.
7. You have to believe that alternative forms of currency (including classic gold, silver, copper) suddenly become worthless, having no trade value and people will not use them.

In other words, you have to believe an interpretation of Revelation that you probably haven't given much thought to.

Time to rethink.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In order for the 'mark of the beast' to be some sort of electronic credit/debit system that is implemented some time in the future and enforced with regards to a specific day on our continuously cycling 7 day week, you also have to believe the following:

1. Every person on the earth, from the villager in Nigeria, to the Aborigines living in the outback of Australia, to the business person in Europe or anywhere else densely or sparsely populated somehow is found and made to receive the 'mark'. Revelation is clear that "all men" are involved.
2. You must believe every single place where this electronic system is set up has adequate electricity, the computerized framework and so on for it to be implemented, for there can be no "undeveloped countries" where it is in place.
3. You have to believe every single government goes along with the system.
4. You have to believe that "right hand" and "forehead" are literal in terms of being the physical spots where the mark is placed.
5. You have to believe that it is only for one generation, and that all previous generations from Christ to the time it happens get a free pass, making God only test the generation in which it happens.
6. You have to believe that barter, or direct trading of commodities or skills, is somehow forgotten or shunned in every single corner of the earth.
7. You have to believe that alternative forms of currency (including classic gold, silver, copper) suddenly become worthless, having no trade value and people will not use them.

In other words, you have to believe an interpretation of Revelation that you probably haven't given much thought to.

Time to rethink.

Or that it isn't going to be for a while.

The undeveloped remote areas may one day be fully served with electricity and wireless internet, or potentially rendered uninhabitable such that all men can be reached with something like a mark. Or it may be that all men are required to do it but it's enforced gradually, just like all men are required to pay taxes but the body that collects the tax is unlikely to spend limited resources chasing someone for non-payment if they only owe a few bucks in taxes. (That latter scenario is something of a stretch but if you can't buy or sell without the mark the chances are people will come forward to receive it, rather than figure they can stay in hiding)

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Your link gave an error message so I removed it just so you know.

Thank you so much! I tried to post and my post, and it just gave me an issue. I tried to change it, and then my post just vanished.

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Lots of theories about the mark of the beast. Personally I think it's more likely to be something related to a cashless society. As with so much else that is bad, it's presented as if it were good because, you know, it makes it harder for terrorists and money launderers to ply their nefarious trades. Of course most people who would prefer to pay with cash when they buy their morning coffee and who like a little privacy (let's face it, the government really doesn't have any need to know that we had an extra shot of espresso in our coffee this morning and also picked out the extra large chocolate bar) would prefer to think of themselves as a Good Guy rather than a Bad Guy, and so would give up their privacy if it means the Bad Guys have to lose theirs. Then they wonder what went wrong when the laws they supported turn around and bite them.

I agree, it will be related to a cashless society. They have to have some way to stop others from being able to buy and sell. The measures implemented, therefore, are not the mark themselves, but just measures taken to ensure you worship the beast and his image ... and if you choose not to, then they have a way to punish us.

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I expect to die of old age before I actually am confronted by someone promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws.

Is this because you are of old age? Because it is happening. The video might be kinda long to some people, so there is a shortened version of it, although I encourage watching the entire thing, as it's packed with much information.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
We had sunday laws but now more and more shops open on sunday.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We had sunday laws but now more and more shops open on sunday.

Indeed, when a small business closes on Sunday because they have the crazy idea their staff might want to spend time with their families or - God forbid - go to church they risk losing the trade that then goes to competitors.

I don't see the mark of the beast being anything to do with Sunday. I think the beast will want to do away with Christian worship completely, not fuss over whether or not stores are closed on a day named after a star.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Everyone wants to be the great hero that solves the beast-mark riddle (exalting ones self/wisest in understanding) and unfortunately many become so fanatical about it that they absolutely focus only on that subject as a means to salvation. You either have THAT mark on your head or the mark of GOD. Indeed they certainly ignore the mark of God that's written about in the same revelation.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is this because you are of old age? Because it is happening.

"It" may be "happening," but that is not what the earlier post claimed was going on. And that is what I replied to--what was posted. No, I do not expect to ever run into anyone "promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws." It's possible, of course, but unlikely since it's not anywhere near the issue your post made it out to be.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
About the video. Romans used to take part in the state religion holidays and festivals... Rituals etc. I saw on BBC special once that the title for the Romans was 'religio' but as for the Christians they would stay indoors and not take part in the festivals and were given the name 'superstigio' and would be punished and killed. This video however just sounds like more day dreaming of the Papacy, none of their ideas ever go into effect (not in a long while) not one, I would like to believe that Christians helped to suppress that. I rest on Sunday and I dont work on Sunday but I go to church on Sunday.... thats the mark of the beast?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
"It" may be "happening," but that is not what the earlier post claimed was going on. And that is what I replied to--what was posted. No, I do not expect to ever run into anyone "promoting worldwide Sunday Sabbath laws." It's possible, of course, but unlikely since it's not anywhere near the issue your post made it out to be.

Watch out. The Dutch reformed are gonna take over the world and force everyone to stop working and go to church.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I see no real evidence that we are closer to the mark of the beast than we were 50 years ago. Did you make that video yourself?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I see no real evidence that we are closer to the mark of the beast than we were 50 years ago. Did you make that video yourself?

I look at global economics and think we are closer now than we were 50 years ago, not least because technologies exist now that could potentially evolve into something leading to the mark. I use a slightly twisted sentence there because I don't want to suggest that this or that is going to be the mark, simply that conditions are aligning that could potentially lead to a global problem that in turn could be solved by a global leader, in ways that I don't see would have happened 50 years ago.

One possible issue is climate change. Whether or not it is actually real and whether or not it is actually caused by human activity to any meaningful extent, concern about it is growing and as a global issue it can only be addressed with global efforts - as is often said there's little point one country taking draconian steps to cut emissions while another builds dozens of power stations. A long term response to climate change invites global management, at least to some extent. Hence conditions are more ripe now for a global leader than 50 years ago.

Since most (I think all, but not 100% sure) global currencies are no longer backed by gold, economic mismanagement by most western governments over the last few decades result in growing unease among what was once considered the middle class. It's a common refrain that "the rich are getting richer" but when people see their wages stagnating while the cost of living rises relentlessly, people spend their lives in debt struggling to break free (and frequently die with substantial debts), all the time being told by the talking heads that the economy is booming, resentment grows. Sooner or later that resentment turns into a powder keg, which in turn becomes very unstable. Although the notional reason for outbreaks of violence may be anything from Donald Trump to police brutality to racism to whatever else, fundamentally when hope is systematically stripped from the majority of the population it's only a matter of time before things go south. Since this affects much if not all of the western world, there is another possibility for violence to erupt on a large enough scale that some form of supranational leadership ends up taking over to try and take control.

Immigration and demographics are another key issue. Because of the growing cost of living compared to stagnating wages in the west, it's far from rare to see people not having children. Quite aside from the way this places further strain on programs like social security, it also contrasts starkly with immigrant populations (specifically the Islamic community) who are more prone to have more children. As demographics shift and groups previously considered minorities potentially become a majority, there is a higher chance of seeing groups hostile to Western religions becoming large enough in number to take legislative action against them. If (and this is heavy speculation) the mark of the beast relates in some way to the Mahdi expected by some sections of the Islamic community, a global growth in Muslims relative to other faiths is a clear way that a global caliphate could potentially be accomplished.

Much of this is speculation, and much of it is likely to be some time out, but I wouldn't say there's nothing to be concerned about out there.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
They have to first create a world economic system like they tried with the euro and what it seems like they are trying with bitcoin. I do believe however that political Christians among Christians are slowing down this process and causing them to forfeit and withdraw from that goal (rejecting the mark) lest we forget humanity (our neighbors) and allow this to ever be accomplished. I don't see it happening in our time or for centuries to come but there will likely be a day when all thats left are greedy and willing support for a world dependent solely on the mark of a man global enterprise system.
Our effort thus far has suppressed humanities temptation for global economic socialization (one world government)...
Albeit so many liberals and atheist are willing to lay down for it. So are we

Last edited:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
They have to first create a world economic system like they tried with the euro and what it seems like they are trying with bitcoin. I do believe however that political Christians among Christians are slowing down this process and causing them to forfeit and withdraw from that goal (rejecting the mark) lest we forget humanity (our neighbors) and allow this to ever be accomplished. I don't see it happening in our time or for centuries to come but there will likely be a day when all thats left are greedy and willing support for a world dependent solely on the mark of a man global enterprise system.
Our effort thus far has suppressed humanities temptation for global economic socialization (one world government)...
Albeit so many liberals and atheist are willing to lay down for it. So are we

The world economic system may be related to something like the euro, although that seems to be fragmenting because of political divisions. If the people around the world are expected to fall into line under global leadership then there has to be a global problem to solve, that can only be solved at the global level. Climate change seems like the obvious candidate, especially since it carries many features of a global religion already.

People won't naturally fall into line and follow ever-more leaders. But if there's a problem that needs to be solved, especially one that creates the sense of alienation directed at those who even dare to question whether it's a problem at all, the combination of wanting to be a part of the solution and not wanting the social exclusion associated with doubting or denying, sees people fall into line very happily. Just look how many problems have proposed solutions that begin with "introduce a new tax on..." and people line up to express approval of how it's the right way to go. It won't be long before those new taxes are global.

Then look at the growing outrage at companies like Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc and their tax avoidance schemes. They pay every penny of tax that is legally due, they just use wrinkles in tax laws in different countries to minimise the amount they actually pay. According to one report I read Google was reckoned to have legally avoided something like $3,700,000,000 in taxes in 2017 alone by clever accounting schemes. How to stop such things, and force the corporate behemoths to "pay their fair share"? The solution has to be global because as soon as any one nation does something else another wrinkle will exist. So it's not all that far-fetched to see how combinations of economic hopelessness, paired with growing anger at corporate behemoths, will encourage people to support global governance even if only in the hope of forcing the corporate giants to play by the same rules as everyone else. It won't work, of course, but people will stand in line to demand it and in the process subject themselves to another layer of governance. If one-world government does come, I suspect the mark of the beast will follow relatively shortly afterwards.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The world economic system may be related to something like the euro, although that seems to be fragmenting because of political divisions. If the people around the world are expected to fall into line under global leadership then there has to be a global problem to solve, that can only be solved at the global level. Climate change seems like the obvious candidate, especially since it carries many features of a global religion already.

People won't naturally fall into line and follow ever-more leaders. But if there's a problem that needs to be solved, especially one that creates the sense of alienation directed at those who even dare to question whether it's a problem at all, the combination of wanting to be a part of the solution and not wanting the social exclusion associated with doubting or denying, sees people fall into line very happily. Just look how many problems have proposed solutions that begin with "introduce a new tax on..." and people line up to express approval of how it's the right way to go. It won't be long before those new taxes are global.

Then look at the growing outrage at companies like Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc and their tax avoidance schemes. They pay every penny of tax that is legally due, they just use wrinkles in tax laws in different countries to minimise the amount they actually pay. According to one report I read Google was reckoned to have legally avoided something like $3,700,000,000 in taxes in 2017 alone by clever accounting schemes. How to stop such things, and force the corporate behemoths to "pay their fair share"? The solution has to be global because as soon as any one nation does something else another wrinkle will exist. So it's not all that far-fetched to see how combinations of economic hopelessness, paired with growing anger at corporate behemoths, will encourage people to support global governance even if only in the hope of forcing the corporate giants to play by the same rules as everyone else. It won't work, of course, but people will stand in line to demand it and in the process subject themselves to another layer of governance. If one-world government does come, I suspect the mark of the beast will follow relatively shortly afterwards.
I bought a cd audio book from my local library that brought everything within global software and economics out to the forefront that I really think you should look into.
The World Is Flat but Thomas L. Friedman... Its not about flat earth theories at all but how we are economically becoming a flat earth again (as opposed to seeking hardware 'gold and metals' to seeking software 'networking and global villaging")
If you look for him on youtube you wont get much out of it, but look up his book or audio book and it puts a lot into perspective...
Here is a video that halfway explains what im talking about.
https://youtu.be/MoHiMaZek3U

Here is a treasure for the rest of you (and you tango)
This recent Catholic philosopher predicts everything we are going through now.
Very interesting.
The medium is the message. (Watch all three and believe me you will, great truth in him RIP) the 2nd video "look into the rear view mirror" is very for telling especially for America.
https://youtu.be/ImaH51F4HBw
https://youtu.be/a11DEFm0WCw
https://youtu.be/CtpX8A7Q2pE

Last edited:
Top Bottom