Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I agree with this article.. Pope Francis defending Christmas.
https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2017/12...spect-non-christians-driving-jesus-christmas/

Excerpt
“Without Jesus, there is no Christmas,” the pope said, drawing strong applause from a crowd gathered Wednesday morning in the Vatican’s Paul VI Audience Hall.

“If he’s at the center, then everything around him, that is, the lights, the songs, the various local traditions, including the characteristic foods, all comes together to create the atmosphere of a real festival,” he said.

“But if we take [Christ] away, the lights go off and everything becomes fake, mere appearances,” the pope said.

Francis argued that without the memory of the birth of Christ at its heart, the Christmas story loses its sting.

“God made man like us, reveals himself in a surprising way: Born from a poor unknown girl, who gives birth to him in a manger, with only her husband’s help. The world is unaware, but in heaven the angels exult!”

“That’s how the Son of God presents himself to us today,” Francis said.

“He’s the gift of God for a humanity that’s immersed in the night and the torpor of sleep,” he said. “Often humanity prefers the dark, because it knows that the light would reveal all its actions and thoughts that make us blush or pick at our conscience.”
b596f16b86aa90c2c85fc17e67932a38.jpg

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sounds pretty obvious to me, but like my former supervisor use to say, "Common sense isn't really that common."

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sounds pretty obvious to me, but like my former supervisor use to say, "Common sense isn't really that common."
Well when he says that we all worship the one God Amor, and having a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous and selfish id agree that him defending christmas is his uncommon common sense moment.
And a thread just for him :) when he makes sense

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree with the Pope (in his OFFICIAL theological positions, anyway) FAR more than the program here would permit me to list (and FAR more than time permits).

Which I suppose is why Protestants are FAR more apt to list where they DISAGREE since that list is short. In some cases, very short.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the Pope (in his OFFICIAL theological positions, anyway) FAR more than the program here would permit me to list (and FAR more than time permits).

Which I suppose is why Protestants are FAR more apt to list where they DISAGREE since that list is short. In some cases, very short.
Short, but it is the difference between life and death.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Yeah. I was on a Dutch reformed forum and I said something dumb about the 2 natures of Christ and a guy comes up w the catholic so and so doctrin. I was like: aren't you reformed? My. Catholics are oh so evil and the pope is the antichrist, yet they've taken almost all their doctrins.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow indeed!

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Truth.
I will leave something i once heard in the Spirit.
The Lord was born the same day He resurrected.
Then some yrs later i find that there are traditions that speak of this.

Now then, To put aside all falseness.
Which in the case of there being a calendar day represented as Yeshua's birthday without any scripture or sound judgement to recognize.
Perhaps its time for a Fold of the Lords Flock to acknowledge the suspicion surrounding the subject.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Which in the case of there being a calendar day represented as Yeshua's birthday without any scripture or sound judgement to recognize.
Perhaps its time for a Fold of the Lords Flock to acknowledge the suspicion surrounding the subject.

Yes, we should lay aside the suspicion ....

No, none have ever set a calendar day as Jesus' birthday (with or without any Scripture). What was done is to set aside a day to CELEBRATE the event (with no claim that such actually is the anniversary of His birth). Just as each year (often on a different date) we set aside a day to celebrate His Resurrection with no claim that such is actually the anniversary of that event).

- Josiah

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To anyone who says that it's wrong to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25 because that isn't known to be the actual date of his birth, I say "What date would you prefer?"

And if the answer is "None. I don't believe in doing it"...

I say, "To each his own, then. I will continue as always, but I'm not about to make you do so if you don't choose to."

And that's the end of it.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
To anyone who says that it's wrong to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25 because that isn't known to be the actual date of his birth, I say "What date would you prefer?"

And if the answer is "None. I don't believe in doing it"...

I say, "To each his own, then. I will continue as always, but I'm not about to make you do so if you don't choose to."

And that's the end of it.

I would say everyday. Especially considering a Male child is born every day of the yr. And is circumcised on his eight day.

The liars who have dared to impose a calendar day as Yeshua's, OUR LORD and SAVIORs birthday.
Having no resemblance of the Truth, have done enough damage to the World.

And have had their chance to repent.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The liars who have dared to impose a calendar day as Yeshua's, OUR LORD and SAVIORs birthday.

I've never met such. I know of no such "liars." Catholic or otherwise.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we should lay aside the suspicion ....

No, none have ever set a calendar day as Jesus' birthday (with or without any Scripture). What was done is to set aside a day to CELEBRATE the event (with no claim that such actually is the anniversary of His birth). Just as each year (often on a different date) we set aside a day to celebrate His Resurrection with no claim that such is actually the anniversary of that event).

- Josiah

If you have little or no Knowledge of calendar days.
I suggest that in the future you listen to the Holy Spirit and mind the bridle. Do not be so hasty as to approach a subject that will lead you away from our Heavenly Father.

You know full well what is said about liars having no inheritance.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I've never met such. I know of no such "liars." Catholic or otherwise.

for you not knowing.
So you will stumble by day, And the prophet also will stumble with you by night; And I will destroy your mother. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. The more they multiplied, the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame.…

http://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/2017-federal-holidays
Monday, December 25 Christmas Day

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you have little or no Knowledge of calendar days.

Perhaps. But I do know that no denomination (including the Catholic Church) has EVER stated on what day Jesus was born. You SEEM to be rebuking some mysterious, unstated persons and/or denominations for something that I'm not aware any have done (and you seem unable to list any).

I suggest that in the future you listen to the Holy Spirit and mind the bridle.

To my knowledge, the Holy Spirit has not revealed to any the exact date of Jesus' birth. No one I've ever heard of claims such for self, either.

Do not be so hasty as to approach a subject that will lead you away from our Heavenly Father

An excellent reason to not obsess over the DATE (or even to participate in a thread on such, I suppose). Since no one knows and it couldn't matter less - such an obsession might well lead people astray. That said, nothing wrong with commemorating joyous events.... but yes, something wrong with instead obsessing over unknown and unimportant dates.

You know full well what is said about liars having no inheritance.

I do. Does that include folks insisting that a denomination has declared a DATE on which Jesus was born when it hasn't?

1. The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit is not Pope Francis or The Catholic Church or Christianity or any denomination.

2. Stating that the court will be closed on Monday, Decemeber 25 because it is a federal holiday (Christmas) doesn't declare that Jesus was born on December 25.

If you are opposed to celebrating things, that's fine: don't. But that gives you no authority to blast others for doing what you've not substantiated any has done. And if you'd like to celebrate Jesus' birth as April 15 that's fine with me, too! Nothing wrong with being different, but then you have no authority to blast others for also choosing a date on which to do this.

- Josiah

PS My birthday is coming up on January 23. I want a HUGE deal made of my birthday (although it need not be on that EXACT date - although I do have good evidence that was the actual date).

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Happy birthday Lord! Lets call ppl a liar if they celebrate it the wrong day cause it's so highly important the disciples didnt even celebrate His birthday or if they did its not recorded.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps. But I do know that no denomination (including the Catholic Church) has EVER stated on what day Jesus was born. You SEEM to be rebuking some mysterious, unstated persons and/or denominations for something that I'm not aware any have done (and you seem unable to list any).

To my knowledge, the Holy Spirit has not revealed to any the exact date of Jesus' birth. No one I've ever heard of claims such for self, either.

An excellent reason to not obsess over the DATE (or even to participate in a thread on such, I suppose). Since no one knows and it couldn't matter less - such an obsession might well lead people astray. That said, nothing wrong with commemorating joyous events.... but yes, something wrong with instead obsessing over unknown and unimportant dates.

I do. Does that include folks insisting that a denomination has declared a DATE on which Jesus was born when it hasn't?

1. The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit is not Pope Francis or The Catholic Church or Christianity or any denomination.

2. Stating that the court will be closed on Monday, Decemeber 25 because it is a federal holiday (Christmas) doesn't declare that Jesus was born on December 25.

If you are opposed to celebrating things, that's fine: don't. But that gives you no authority to blast others for doing what you've not substantiated any has done. And if you'd like to celebrate Jesus' birth as April 15 that's fine with me, too! Nothing wrong with being different, but then you have no authority to blast others for also choosing a date on which to do this.

- Josiah

You should listen closer to the Holy Spirit and heed warnings.

Do you honestly think you are blameless for not speaking the Truth when you know the difference?
I am in no mood to discuss such rudiment cryptic filth that has been built upon both the julian and gregorian tables of corruption and lies.
Paul was quite clear with the Greco Roman nonsense.

Then Paul stood up before the Areopagus and said,
“Men of Athens, I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and examined your objects of worship, I even found an altar with the inscription: To an unknown God. Therefore what you worship as something unknown, I now proclaim to you. The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples made by human hands.…

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This is why I agree with the Pope, if we remove Christ from Christmas because it may or may not be his birthday its all show and all pageantry, its HIS day and we dont need to end it just because we dont know if it is or is not the actual day. Also it was an attempt to redirect pagans away from their heathen worship to observing the birth of Christ. Dec 25th is the perfect day to celebrate his birth, bringing the gospel into the mainstream on a day that used to be a mainstream Godless festival.
Just before the new year its a great reminder of Jesus especially for children being brought into this world, it may very well be the birth of THEIR faith in Christ. I celebrate in my Spirit everyday God giving us his only begotten Son, but the collective holiday is necessary too, people need this day also to comfort eachother for the biting cold and windy winter ahead, a charitable day of goodwill to men, hospitality, forgiveness and worship (if everyone was like this everyday this world would be a much better place to live). Plus who doesn't love the crystal clear starry nights in the winter [emoji7]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Truth.
I will leave something i once heard in the Spirit.
The Lord was born the same day He resurrected.
Then some yrs later i find that there are traditions that speak of this.

He was most probably conceived w Hanukkah and born w feast of tabernacles.

http://heartofwisdom.com/biblicalholidays/2017/07/28/birth-of-christ-feast-of-tabernacles/

Top Bottom