Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Holidays can be a stressful time with company over and lists of things to do. This is a good article about how to deal with stress and anxiety here. My main ones are exercise and prayer

https://adaa.org/tips-manage-anxiety-and-stress

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Oh. I just don't invite anyone and go nowhere. Problem solved.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's not a big issue in my life.... but I find that physical activity is quite effective. A good, hard work out at the fitness center.... and bit of "one-on-one" basketball with the high school kid next door... giving the cars a good cleaning and waxing.... maybe going over to the church and hacking the daylights out of such bushes.....

Now, my beloved..... she enjoys a walk on the beach..... a good cup of tea and some quiet time.... a good back rub.....

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Tongues are shown to reduce stress, google it it's pretty interesting. For me it's the same as prayer and praise and that always helps knowing my Lord is there listening. Church in general but none the less praying and counting my blessings frees my mind from clutter like a breath of fresh air.

http://www.cwgministries.org/blogs/health-benefits-speaking-tongues

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i've been going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week since late September. I ran 5 miles today on the treadmill, it took me almost an hour. The treadmill resets after an hour so I complained and one of the guys at the gym said he would set three of them up that I could use which he will modify so they will run longer. I thought that was nice of him.
Sometimes I cross train with stairmaster, elliptical and weights also

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Have you always had anxiety? I just read you work in mental health. We had a girl in church who worked in mental health and things from those ppl would attack her too, so she'd get prayer and asked Jesus to cleanse her w His blood from it.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you always had anxiety? I just read you work in mental health. We had a girl in church who worked in mental health and things from those ppl would attack her too, so she'd get prayer and asked Jesus to cleanse her w His blood from it.

No, I haven't always had anxiety. I don't deal well with change and there is a lot of change going on right now. it is all good changes, but for a person like me who likes his routine it is unsettling.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Until I became physically unable to do any exercise, I would run. Funny thing is, though, that I don't typically register stress until it's actually over, at which time I tend to get sick or bored. When I know intellectually that I am stressed, I'll watch tv sitcoms or news magazines such as Dateline. I also play a lot of FreeCell. It's kinda mindless for me, so it's a good way to get out of my head.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Until I became physically unable to do any exercise, I would run. Funny thing is, though, that I don't typically register stress until it's actually over, at which time I tend to get sick or bored. When I know intellectually that I am stressed, I'll watch tv sitcoms or news magazines such as Dateline. I also play a lot of FreeCell. It's kinda mindless for me, so it's a good way to get out of my head.

I tend to read a lot of mysteries and other novels. This year i read 42 novels

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Wow, 42! I used to read novels often, and have enjoyed series such as the "White Indian" series, "Outlander" series and "Clan of the Cave Bear" series. But then I started reading self-help books and Christian living books... then went back to college and quit reading altogether. lol. I think I read one textbook in all my undergrad. I'll never be able to run again, but once I have surgery, I want to walk again. I just need to get out there in the fresh air and move around. I might take up a passive exercise like Qi Gong. My mom did it for a few years and they were the healthiest years of her life!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow, 42! I used to read novels often, and have enjoyed series such as the "White Indian" series, "Outlander" series and "Clan of the Cave Bear" series. But then I started reading self-help books and Christian living books... then went back to college and quit reading altogether. lol. I think I read one textbook in all my undergrad. I'll never be able to run again, but once I have surgery, I want to walk again. I just need to get out there in the fresh air and move around. I might take up a passive exercise like Qi Gong. My mom did it for a few years and they were the healthiest years of her life!

Your not able to walk right now? What happened?

Top Bottom