La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not to mention to assume that the complexity of our universe as we know it was created by absolutely nothing seems far more absurd than it being created intelligently by something outside of our understanding.

Just because something seems absurd, because we don't understand it, doesn't mean we get to just declare a magical explanation and stop looking, not if we are truly interested in the truth. We need to find out the laws governing quantum gravity (the theory of everything, or grand unified theory) before we can push back the curtains presently preventing us from looking all the way back to the big bang. It simply means there is (much) more science to be done.

I suspect the truth will turn out to be more fantastic than anyone can imagine. :)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
People get upset with Christianity because they hate it that "good" people might go to hell. But the Bible defines "good" as those who live by faith. Yet, that is foolishness to those who see people doing more servant oriented tasks than their fellow Christians sometimes. What more can we say?

Maybe it's less that needs to be said.

I do not know the heart's intentions of someone who appears to be "serving more" who is not a Christian than someone who is. Much less do I know their life as a whole, their decisions, what influenced them, their unique life experiences and a whole bunch of other things that goes into making a person who they are and motivates them to act.

In short, I'm not God, and it is not my role to make or figure out the "big questions" with regards to someone else. That includes, especially includes, whether they are "saved" or not. Aren't these things best left to One who can make the best and most relevant and righteous judgement? I know that with regard to someone else, that's not me. Maybe I can judge one particular instance if I were privy to all the details, but I cannot do it for the totality of a lifetime.

Before reducing salvation to a soundbite, a measuring stick, a ruler, or checklist

As for example: Saying "Jesus is Lord" and believing in one's heart he was raised from the dead (Romans 10:9)

The WHOLE chapter of Matthew 7 should be read and understood.

Top Bottom