Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
John 15:1-6, NIV
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prune so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

This passage tells us that we should expect for God to prune us if we are bearing fruit. God's intentions is to make us even more fruitful. So, how does God prune us? What does it mean to you to abide in Christ?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
To abide is to obey abd follow but what these verses really say to me is that OSAS is a lie and these verses show it

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You abide by believing and the fruit of the Spirit sprouts from that communion.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A tree cannot bear fruit without the proper things happening...water, light, nutrients. All those things is what the Lord provides :) I know I bear fruit because God is working in me and I can trust that He won't fail. If I didn't have faith, I would not be bearing fruit. I wouldn't be watered and would reject my baptism. I wouldn't have light who is our God. I wouldn't be fed on His Word.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Like weight, it's often easier to gain than to lose. People.... institutions...... we can become overweight, with things that just hinder and slow us down. Just like it's good to check your computer from time to time for such, so it's good to check our lives.

IMO, sometimes there are things in our lives that detract us, that cause us to loose our focus on what matters, that rob us of energy (emotional and spiritual) that should go to producing fruit. It's wise to take study of our lives from time to time.... it can be good to cut off what isn't productive.... and if we don't, God may (and that could be more painful).

- Josiah

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A tree cannot bear fruit without the proper things happening...water, light, nutrients. All those things is what the Lord provides :) I know I bear fruit because God is working in me and I can trust that He won't fail. If I didn't have faith, I would not be bearing fruit. I wouldn't be watered and would reject my baptism. I wouldn't have light who is our God. I wouldn't be fed on His Word.

I don't remember the exact verse, but somewhere it says that it is impossible to please God without faith.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married