Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Colossians 2:13-15 says
13 "When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."

Let us never lose our gratitude that God saves us when we were dead in sins and transgressions. I've been a believer for over 30 years and fail everyday. I had no chance of being good enough. The Bible says that I was "dead in your sins and in the uncircumsion of your flesh". It was God who made me alive. Having had that happen don't go back to a gospel of works thinking that your good deeds can save you. It is a matter of where your trust is placed. Jesus is the one who disarmed the powers and authorities that held me captive in my sins. Thank God he did for me what I couldn't do for myself.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 2:13-15 says
13 "When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."

Let us never lose our gratitude that God saves us when we were dead in sins and transgressions. I've been a believer for over 30 years and fail everyday. I had no chance of being good enough. The Bible says that I was "dead in your sins and in the uncircumsion of your flesh". It was God who made me alive. Having had that happen don't go back to a gospel of works thinking that your good deeds can save you. It is a matter of where your trust is placed. Jesus is the one who disarmed the powers and authorities that held me captive in my sins. Thank God he did for me what I couldn't do for myself.
Be careful, you may become a Calvinist by quoting these scriptures. [emoji33]
Indeed, we should all be in awe of God's gracious choice to make us alive when we were dead in sin.
Thanks for the scripture and the words of encouragement, jsimms435.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes