Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Just remember that if your problem returns, there or elsewhere, then the experts advising you didn't solve the problem.

As for medical advice, I give you none - save to point you to Genesis and Daniel. My conscience is good with this. Love.

Yes, medical advice from someone with no degree in the field or a science field but only some guy on the internet who has read a few things is going to be taken with a grain of salt. Unless you were a part of my medical or pathology team then you should really back away from making comments.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yes, medical advice from someone with no degree in the field or a science field but only some guy on the internet who has read a few things is going to be taken with a grain of salt. Unless you were a part of my medical or pathology team then you should really back away from making comments.

If the people with the fancy degrees and letters after their names were actually curing diseases instead of just making money off of managing them with drugs and false hope, then I'd agree with you.

You may have cancer, miss. But you've lived your life without it's effects for many years. You've raised a family. You have a husband. My family was ripped away from me in the short space of 3 years about a decade ago, all listening to experts with letters after their names.

Maybe one day you will realize that you are not unique in this, and you are certainly no more special than the people that I loved and lost.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The sad thing is, you think you are being clever with your rhetoric. All you are doing is displaying your ignorance.

Keep trying Strav, but your saying so doesn't make it so.

If I feed you eggs, your cholesterol (LDL) will increase. The more I feed you, the higher it will go. These aren't games of chance like your false example of dice.
The more dietary animal fat your consume, the greater chances, given that you are not doing something to clear it also with diet, that you will have higher blood pressure due to increasing atherosclerosis.

I never disputed that, the point I was making was that an increase in unhealthy aspects of life (in this case an increase in LDL) increases the chance that you will die younger. Increasing the chance you will die young doesn't mean you will die young, just that it's more likely. You know, bell curves and all that.

The autopsy shows clearly that this body builder consumed massive amounts of animal products with his LDL cholesterol and buildup of arterial plaque. It is a FACT that animal fats do this, not plant based foods.

I don't think anyone disputed that? Are you pulling a bait-and-switch while accusing me of shifting the focus?

I don't have Ozzy's autopsy report (he's still alive isn't he) so you just drew an example out of your butt and used it as a proof. Congratulations though, you did seem to convince someone, and a staff member who has cancer at that. Maybe extra congratulations are in order for helping to feed people who don't need it extra lies.

As far as I know Ozzy is still living and, just like your bodybuilder example, is an example (in this case a living, breathing example) that shows statistical averages don't apply to everybody. Elvis died young, Janice Joplin died young, Marilyn Monroe died young yet good ole Ozzy still keeps going. He's an outlier on a bell curve, just like your bodybuilder example. Just like a guy I knew in my early 20s whose body fell apart for no apparent reason resulting in his death at 28 from multiple organ failure is one outlier, and my late great aunt who smoked like a chimney for most of her life and finally gave up the ghost at 94.

What seems to kill most people is the relentless cycle of the sun rising and setting. Sooner or later it proves fatal in 100% of cases.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
. Congratulations though, you did seem to convince someone, and a staff member who has cancer at that. Maybe extra congratulations are in order for helping to feed people who don't need it extra lies.

Foul!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If the people with the fancy degrees and letters after their names were actually curing diseases instead of just making money off of managing them with drugs and false hope, then I'd agree with you.

You may have cancer, miss. But you've lived your life without it's effects for many years. You've raised a family. You have a husband. My family was ripped away from me in the short space of 3 years about a decade ago, all listening to experts with letters after their names.

Maybe one day you will realize that you are not unique in this, and you are certainly no more special than the people that I loved and lost.

Huh? Where did anybody claim to be unique, or more special than another?

You still seem to be banging on a line based on individual examples who don't fit statistical norms. Just like your bodybuilder who died unexpectedly early (and my friend who died early for no readily apparent reason) some people die earlier than expected. Others tick all the boxes for a premature demise yet still live unexpectedly long lives (like Ozzy and my great aunt who, statistically speaking, should never have made it to her 90s, given how much she smoked and how much pig flesh she ate).

Sometimes cancer just goes away, apparently all by itself. A member of my family had that happen and the oncologist had absolutely no idea what had happened (sadly after two years it came back and proved fatal that time, but those two years were two years more than the initial prognosis gave us). That doesn't mean that cancer will just disappear by itself in any other case, just that it happened this once. Some people respond well to the assorted therapies available (whether for cancer or other conditions) and some people don't. Some people suffer horrendous side effects, other people don't. Sometimes it varies from treatment to treatment. One of my inlaws was treated successfully for cancer with chemotherapy but when it returned after several years absence he suffered such unpleasant side effects he literally decided he'd had a good life and he'd rather let the cancer have him than fight through the pain of therapy. So he stopped having treatment and died within a month.

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be widowed in your 30s. Frankly I don't even want to try to imagine it - it was bad enough losing other people I cared about to have any desire to think about losing my wife. But the fact that someone so dear to you was taken before her time by such a cruel disease doesn't mean that everybody else is just like her, or that treatment that so clearly failed her will fail everybody else.

Top Bottom