• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 77

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: Masons in church

    1. #1
      Imalive's Avatar
      Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,315
      Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      497,906
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      10,569
      Level
      30
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.84%
      Rep Power
      268

      Masons in church

      I was looking which preachers are masons, but it's a lot of conspiracy, not real evidence and then I saw this guy. My, is it really that bad?
      I don't think there are that many in the Netherlands, cause you don't get rich from preaching here. Although, some of these big organized churches here have atheist preachers. They can be freemason.


    2. #2
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,266
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,499
      CH Challenge
      279
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,085
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      39.14%
      Rep Power
      485
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      I was looking which preachers are masons, but it's a lot of conspiracy, not real evidence and then I saw this guy. My, is it really that bad?
      I don't think there are that many in the Netherlands, cause you don't get rich from preaching here. Although, some of these big organized churches here have atheist preachers. They can be freemason.]
      No, they cannot. All aspirants to membership in a Masonic lodge must affirm, out loud, their belief in one God and in the immortality of the soul.

      Almost all Masons belong to Christian churches (in this country anyway), and the rituals and etc. that are used in Masonic lodges are so steeped in Christian imagery, terminology, and the Bible, that I've wondered how easy it would be for some atheist who fooled everybody to endure it.

      That said, I thought that I owed it to you to watch the video. The preacher is obviously speaking against Masonry but what he says is a mess and much of it is downright ridiculous. Well OK, let's just say it's wrong.
      Last edited by Albion; 12-18-2017 at 04:40 PM.

    3. Likes Imalive, IACOBVS liked this post
    4. #3
      Imalive's Avatar
      Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,315
      Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      497,906
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      10,569
      Level
      30
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.84%
      Rep Power
      268
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      No, they cannot. All aspirants to membership in a Masonic lodge must affirm, out loud, their belief in one God and in the immortality of the soul.

      Almost all Masons belong to Christian churches (in this country anyway), and the rituals and etc. that are used in Masonic lodges are so steeped in Christian imagery, terminology, and the Bible, that I've wondered how easy it would be for some atheist who fooled everybody to endure it.

      That said, I thought that I owed it to you to watch the video. The preacher is obviously speaking against Masonry but what he says is a mess and much of it is downright ridiculous. Well OK, let's just say it's wrong.
      Yes, but we have some prominent ones like the reverend from the former queen who is a Bilderberger or something, he believed in God, but this was not literal and that, walking on water was not real, virgin birth not true and gradually he believed nothing anymore. Also others, one guy on an atheist forum who was or had become an atheist, but really liked all those rituals, so he was also a catholic decan. I wouldn't be surprised if some are also masons or have been. My granddad was in rosecrucianism and then later became an atheist. But he got saved last minute. Prayed my lungs out for that man. Goodness.

    5. #4
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,266
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,499
      CH Challenge
      279
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,085
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      39.14%
      Rep Power
      485
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      Yes, but we have some prominent ones like the reverend from the former queen who is a Bilderberger or something, he believed in God, but this was not literal and that, walking on water was not real, virgin birth not true and gradually he believed nothing anymore.
      Well, Masonry is not a church, so I suppose that some members could believe as you described, just as is the case with the golf clubs, civic organizations, alumni associations and a bunch of other groups we all participate in.

      Also others, one guy on an atheist forum who was or had become an atheist, but really liked all those rituals, so he was also a catholic decan.
      Could be. No organization can be 100% sure that there are not some people who have deceived everyone by holding membership.

    6. #5
      Imalive's Avatar
      Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,315
      Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      497,906
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      10,569
      Level
      30
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.84%
      Rep Power
      268
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      Well, Masonry is not a church, so I suppose that some members could believe as you described, just as is the case with the golf clubs, civic organizations, alumni associations and a bunch of other groups we all participate in.


      Could be. No organization can be 100% sure that there are not some people who have deceived everyone by holding membership.
      A pastor must preach against it. You can't have that in a church.

      https://www.biblebelievers.org.au/mason2.htm

    7. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
    8. #6
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      34
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,942
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,671
      CH Challenge
      155
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,691
      Level
      29
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      42.69%
      Rep Power
      293
      I always see it as the 1rst degree is the outer most ring of 33 circles and the inner as being the 33rd degree masons, like a pyramid and each narrow strip inbetween circles is leak proof so that the most corrupt will move things around in secrecy causing the ugly head to be witnessed by all as it terrifies the world through chaos and well drawn out events... very evil but is hidden under the guise of "brotherhood"... I have a masonic bible with an actual bible dictionary with pictures, symbols and apparently everything you can think of in the bible somehow relates to masonry in the many pages of the q and a study guide... Its used locally to bail people out and help support each others financial goals which is probably why my friend got involved. A quarter of his day is devoted to learning and "seeking" freemason ideology to rise up to the next degree. This is not the body of Christ but a antichrist body supposably something to do with solomons temple. My buddy talks a lot even though he is threatened by oath to have his neck slit and tossed into the sea or something silly like that. Its very serious and very criminal, i am so glad i never joined. My uncle is one and he goes to a Catholic church every sunday, he is very wealthy and im sure had some help, he's a nice guy but like i said its the vile ones that he will never know (because he is "goody goody") that secretly get their evil greedy wishes... have I said enough? oh no

      Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

    9. Likes Imalive liked this post
    10. #7
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      34
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,942
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,671
      CH Challenge
      155
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,691
      Level
      29
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      42.69%
      Rep Power
      293
      Also note that its a fact that satanist Aleistar Crowley was a 33rd degree mason. Where I live you have to be Christian but I still believe its a cult

      Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

    11. #8
      IACOBVS is offline Junior Member
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      285
      CH Cash
      1,333
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      2,522
      Level
      16
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.08%
      Rep Power
      79
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Also note that its a fact that satanist Aleistar Crowley was a 33rd degree mason. Where I live you have to be Christian but I still believe its a cult

      Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
      What exactly makes it a cult? Fundamentalist Christians tend to throw the term "cult" around rather loosely in order to dismiss things with which they disagree, but have nothing more to say against certain organisations.

    12. #9
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      34
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,942
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,671
      CH Challenge
      155
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,691
      Level
      29
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      42.69%
      Rep Power
      293
      Quote Originally Posted by IACOBVS View Post
      What exactly makes it a cult? Fundamentalist Christians tend to throw the term "cult" around rather loosely in order to dismiss things with which they disagree, but have nothing more to say against certain organisations.
      Secret Society screams out cult to me, the rituals and secret handshakes to identify themselves to others is cultist. Worshipping the Grand Architect is cultist, Oaths - Cult. Leak proof degrees - cult, occultic symbolism is cultist. I dont know if the higher ups actually drink blood or ride the goat but I have seem my friends weird book that he can read fine but to me its just fff t t tr ttgh or some weird stuff. They seem nice they wear their bling and get away with breaking laws but they have charities i guess... My friend is a bit of a drinker and when he drinks he talks and when he talks he TALKS lol he tells me all the goofy stuff he has to remember and goes into detail about the rituals and solomon and all the legal this and that rules "lawyer talk babble" it puts me to sleep lol but yeah i believe its a cult

      Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

    13. Likes Imalive liked this post
    14. #10
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,266
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,499
      CH Challenge
      279
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,085
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      39.14%
      Rep Power
      485
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Also note that its a fact that satanist Aleistar Crowley was a 33rd degree mason. Where I live you have to be Christian but I still believe its a cult
      Allistair Crowley was not a 33rd degree Mason.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •