Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I'm gonna copy Dutch reformed topics.
A nice topic about all grace and God loves you soo much.

Hebrews 12:6-8King James Version (KJV)

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm gonna copy Dutch reformed topics.
A nice topic about all grace and God loves you soo much.

Hebrews 12:6-8King James Version (KJV)

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Are you implying God doesnt love us because He chastises us?
Those verses prove that He DOES love us.
Thats more osas teaching, praise the Lord.
I dont really know anything about Dutch Reformed topics...but that's just bible truth ... He's talking about SONS, meaning we're His children. No one or no thing can separate us from His love.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Are you implying God doesnt love us because He chastises us?
Those verses prove that He DOES love us.
Thats more osas teaching, praise the Lord.
I dont really know anything about Dutch Reformed topics...but that's just bible truth ... He's talking about SONS, meaning we're His children. No one or no thing can separate us from His love.

I just found the topic refreshing. LOL the words are a bit harsh though. Scourgeth is that also w a thinges in English?
Those dads nowadays are softies.

http://resolver.kb.nl/resolve?urn=urn:gvn:NCRD01:107932490&size=large

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
God's love for us is so great that he will not leave us unrefined.
Malachi 3:2-3
"But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner's fire and fullers' soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord."
The way a silversmith could tell that silver was pure was when he could see his reflection in the silver. This is what God does for his children. He purifies us in the heat of trials so that we might reflect his glory.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hebrews 12:4-11 NASB
4 You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; 5 and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,

“MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
6 FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”

7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. 11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Proverbs 3:11-12 NASB
11 My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD
Or loathe His reproof,
12 For whom the LORD loves He reproves,
Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

Top Bottom