Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
She's right. He's really good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BgfxxbjAmmg

He had a wild horse and taught his 7 y o how to control it.
This is fabulous.

(Head?......Meet wall.
Bang Bang Bang Bang)

Lol, Anyway, some of this vid is pretty good.
I always try to glean the good out of most msgs, (unless theyre just teaching heresy or lies about God/Jesus/Bible ... false doctrine/practice ... then they should be challenged or exposed, right?)

Regarding this vid, I've had ppl where I tried desperately to support, encourage, let them know Jesus loves them, let them know that 'this too shall pass'...'keep faith hope and love alive'...'try not to run so much on emotion'...,

exactly like this guy was saying...love often is about choices we make, not, 'the feeling left me' or 'I choose to go this way now just bc I feel like it' ...
iow, those emotionally charged decisions where the person is so erratic and unpredictable, act like a friend one day, only to kick you to the curb and abandon the next.
But Id be like...'thats ok, the person is, or has been, hurt', and keep trying to be on their side.

But walls of ice are hard to melt w out the love of God...sometimes ppl expect to do things or have em done to them scrictly by their own doing, but thats really the worlds way of trying to be in control, w out God.
The old 'I Did It My Way' idea.

Anyway, Im glad GOD's mercies are new every morning, and great is HIS faithfulness, bc if we had to depend solely on the whims of ppls emotions and our own emotionally-driven choices, we'd be in big trouble.
Im glad God has the patience to teach us, we're all a work in progress.

Its great when something starts to dawn, even after rejecting it for a while, or the same thing seems to have to come from a diff source in order to get thru.

Im STILL growing in osas, really getting it deep in my core, bc of so much negative teaching and misinterpretation of scripture.
But diff sources have brought it to light, even though its always been true, and the bible says to walk in the truth...

thats the harder part sometimes...knowing something is one thing...believing it deep down is another. The guy in the video was saying that, too.

But, I'm not cancelling out feelings/emotions, ...they have their place, and God doesnt want us as a bunch of robots.

I'll explain why, if anyone's interested, and to God be the glory... Jesus showed emotions ...
(tbc..)

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Emotions are to be on a leash. I wanna be like that guy. Fantastic, he goes in a roller coaster in Disneyland and has the same emotionless face on all pics. Fabulous.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
At around 26mins or so, and again at around 33 or so, he talks about just making a decision never to be angry, etc, and mentions Jesus saying Father forgive them, from the cross, and thats true, but, the bible also says, 'be angry but sin not' .

When he went in the temple, he made a whip and drove out the money changers...He wasnt saying Father forgive them, He said they turned His Fathers house into a den of thieves.

And He called ppl liars, hypocrites, said their father was the devil, called them vipers, ... Jesus, Paul, Peter, etc, referred to ppl as wolves, false teachers, hypocrites, snakes, having doctrines of demons, etc., things that would get them kicked out of most 'nice christian' chatforums today, including this one.

Does it mean He didnt love them? No.
Does it mean they couldnt/wouldnt be forgiven?
Of course not ... Jesus died for the sins of the world. Anyone can be forgiven. ANY one.

He showed He had emotions and 'feelings' ... He was a human being, and so can identify with every emotion and pain and grief, hurt and heartache we go through. He was even tempted as we are, yet w out sin. He's our great God AND Saviour.

And He knows we sin, and chose (chooses) to love us, anyway. And not w out emotion, but even passionately, and He calls us to love Him and one another, not based on feelings, but not emotionlessly, either.
In other words, we should have our emotions and passions engaged, but in check, not them controlling us.
We should be in control over them, but not devoid of them, as they're a God-given part of who we are.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
At around 26mins or so, and again at around 33 or so, he talks about just making a decision never to be angry, etc, and mentions Jesus saying Father forgive them, from the cross, and thats true, but, the bible also says, 'be angry but sin not' .

When he went in the temple, he made a whip and drove out the money changers...He wasnt saying Father forgive them, He said they turned His Fathers house into a den of thieves.

And He called ppl liars, hypocrites, said their father was the devil, called them vipers, ... Jesus, Paul, Peter, etc, referred to ppl as wolves, false teachers, hypocrites, snakes, having doctrines of demons, etc., things that would get them kicked out of most 'nice christian' chatforums today, including this one.

Does it mean He didnt love them? No.
Does it mean they couldnt/wouldnt be forgiven?
Of course not ... Jesus died for the sins of the world. Anyone can be forgiven. ANY one.

He showed He had emotions and 'feelings' ... He was a human being, and so can identify with every emotion and pain and grief, hurt and heartache we go through. He was even tempted as we are, yet w out sin. He's our great God AND Saviour.

And He knows we sin, and chose (chooses) to love us, anyway. And not w out emotion, but even passionately, and He calls us to love Him and one another, not based on feelings, but not emotionlessly, either.
In other words, we should have our emotions and passions engaged, but in check, not them controlling us.
We should be in control over them, but not devoid of them, as they're a God-given part of who we are.

Yes thats what I said, on a leash.
If it's righteous anger then it's okay. No problem to kick the book sell tables over in churches.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
LOL that reminds me of that weirdo on cchat w his whip, who said I was a man living a lie.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Imalive said:
Yes thats what I said, on a leash.
If it's righteous anger then it's okay. No problem to kick the book sell tables over in churches.
LOL that reminds me of that weirdo on cchat w his whip, who said I was a man living a lie.

What a dirtbag!
(Can I say that here? It was about somebody on a diff site)

No, tho, not book tables.
We have a really nice book and gift store in our church, and discount tables in the hall.
And a free video lending library.

The reason for Jesus doing what He did was bc they were ripping ppl off for getting salvation or forgiveness or some religious work or another, blocking ppl from coming to the Lord unless they paid a steep price, money changers, etc.
Much like some denominations selling indulgences or setting up works or a priestly class as an intermediary between the ppl and God.

And yes, we SHOULD have righteous anger over false teaching/practices. :thumbsup:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
What a dirtbag!
(Can I say that here? It was about somebody on a diff site)

No, tho, not book tables.
We have a really nice book and gift store in our church, and discount tables in the hall.
And a free video lending library.

The reason for Jesus doing what He did was bc they were ripping ppl off for getting salvation or forgiveness or some religious work or another, blocking ppl from coming to the Lord unless they paid a steep price, money changers, etc.
Much like some denominations selling indulgences or setting up works or a priestly class as an intermediary between the ppl and God.

And yes, we SHOULD have righteous anger over false teaching/practices. :thumbsup:

It was a joke. In some churches it's big business though these books. I bet Jesus would turn their tables over.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
It was a joke. In some churches it's big business though these books. I bet Jesus would turn their tables over.

[size=+2]OOOHHHHHHH, A JOKE!!![/size]In THAT case.....
Ahhh HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :cheer2:
lol, kiddin
Yeah no i know what you mean.
No our church is pretty much all about the giving.
I wouldnt be surprised if, when its all said and done, if nearly all the money that goes thru the store goes to charity.

Theres only a couple employees, and we have some volunteers, that help out, and its not a big business....Its a really nice store, though.

But its not about self-promotion, like some of thise 'ministries' I think youre referring to, where you have a Pastor selling his own books and video catalogue, and his friends have their ministries, and you gotta buy theirs too, and theyre all promoting each other and making big profits.

Its more of a gift shop.... An extensive line of bibles, study tools, tracts, and mostly the books from authors are like old-school stuff like Charles Spurgeon, but some newer, too.

Theres nice gifts as well, artwork and cards, mugs, some t-shirts .... The stuff isnt cheap though, but nice quality....but we're about promoting Jesus, not our own thing...its a pretty nice store.

Its a blessing to have that and not like what goes on in those bajillion dollar megachurches that are either all about the Pastor or some crazy new movement theyre selling that if you dont get on board youre gonna miss God or something.
(And...I knew you were kidding. :hug2: )

Top Bottom